[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1347410512936.jpg

This is amazing... over 13 hours of battery life and the screen has been on almost 4 hours (I was on tapatalk and reading news articles). I'm amazed.

rcmarotz

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having white screen problems. Gmail, default browser, Google reader, dolphin browser mini. I'm willing to run experiments to help track down the solution.

Another thing that I noticed about the white screen is that the text is still there. In Gmail with the white screen I was able to select all the text and copy it into a notepad type program and read the text. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having white screen problems. Gmail, default browser, Google reader, dolphin browser mini. I'm willing to run experiments to help track down the solution.

Another thing that I noticed about the white screen is that the text is still there. In Gmail with the white screen I was able to select all the text and copy it into a notepad type program and read the text. Hope this helps.

Pleaseeee. The white screen is my onlyyy gripe.

Harue25

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Weird,

I re-flashed again everything installs great. Only thing is I can charge now thru usb to computer but not directly to the wall? Anybody else have any ides of the issue I am having. Honestly I just now for fact my wall charger is working and the outlet is ok.

I just re-flashedCM10 JB rom and same thing is happening. I cant charge thru the wall, only thru usb from comp.

Anyway not complaining just curious.

I'm having this same issue, has anyone found a resolution to this yet? my GB rom lets me charge from the wall just fine so I know it's not my wall charger.

rcmarotz

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
About the white screen. I've also messed around with the "Force GPU rendering" with no luck. One thing I found *extremely* interesting is when I played with the "Show screen updates" feature. The idea of this feature is to flash the portion of screen that gets updated. For example when you open an application, the whole screen flashes, when a notification shows up in the top bar, only the top bar flashes.

Ok, so when I use Gmail (one app that always shows a white screen for me in the body of the email, not the header information) the whole screen flashes as expected as the Gmail app opens. Then I choose an email to read, once again the screen flashes as the email gets displayed. The body of the email also gets displayed temporarily for about a second. During this second after the email appears and the app is done paining itself, there is no "Show screen updates" flashing going on as expected. After the second, the "white screen" problem appears and the body text of the email vanishes. At this point the "Show screen updates" flashing goes berzerk and the whole screen flashes.

So what did I learn, My guess is that the white screen problem is happening because something is painting/updating/refreshing the screen constantly when it should not. I don't have time to delve into the code but should have some time in three weeks. If this isn't fixed by then, I'll pursue this further.

rcmarotz

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
About the white screen. I've also messed around with the "Force GPU rendering" with no luck. One thing I found *extremely* interesting is when I played with the "Show screen updates" feature. The idea of this feature is to flash the portion of screen that gets updated. For example when you open an application, the whole screen flashes, when a notification shows up in the top bar, only the top bar flashes.

Ok, so when I use Gmail (one app that always shows a white screen for me in the body of the email, not the header information) the whole screen flashes as expected as the Gmail app opens. Then I choose an email to read, once again the screen flashes as the email gets displayed. The body of the email also gets displayed temporarily for about a second. During this second after the email appears and the app is done paining itself, there is no "Show screen updates" flashing going on as expected. After the second, the "white screen" problem appears and the body text of the email vanishes. At this point the "Show screen updates" flashing goes berzerk and the whole screen flashes.

So what did I learn, My guess is that the white screen problem is happening because something is painting/updating/refreshing the screen constantly when it should not. I don't have time to delve into the code but should have some time in three weeks. If this isn't fixed by then, I'll pursue this further.

Small update. I also played with "Show CPU usage". When I'm in the Gmail app looking at the email list, there is no "white screen" problem. The top cpu process (and using very little by what I can tell) is ami304d. The next highest process varies, but like I said before, these are using very little cpu. See attached pic:
ss_ws_0.png

Now for the interesting part, when I open an email and the body text disappears ("white screen" problem), the cpu usage goes way up. The top on the list is com.google.android.gm, then surfaceflinger, then ami304d. The com.google.android.gm process uses *a lot* of cpu. surfaceflinger uses more than what I'd consider normal given I should be looking at a static screen of the email now. See attached pic:
ss_ws_1.png

So I'm beginning to think that the problem lies in com.google.android.gm or surfaceflinger where for some reason they're causing the screen to rapidly refresh/repaint resulting in the "white screen" problem.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Small update. I also played with "Show CPU usage". When I'm in the Gmail app looking at the email list, there is no "white screen" problem. The top cpu process (and using very little by what I can tell) is ami304d. The next highest process varies, but like I said before, these are using very little cpu. See attached pic:
View attachment 37222

Now for the interesting part, when I open an email and the body text disappears ("white screen" problem), the cpu usage goes way up. The top on the list is com.google.android.gm, then surfaceflinger, then ami304d. The com.google.android.gm process uses *a lot* of cpu. surfaceflinger uses more than what I'd consider normal given I should be looking at a static screen of the email now. See attached pic:
View attachment 37223

So I'm beginning to think that the problem lies in com.google.android.gm or surfaceflinger where for some reason they're causing the screen to rapidly refresh/repaint resulting in the "white screen" problem.

If I remember right they used surfaceflinger files to fix color banding.. could be something related. Your on to something here

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

Psn1

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this same issue, has anyone found a resolution to this yet? my GB rom lets me charge from the wall just fine so I know it's not my wall charger.

I guess we are the only ones. I re-flashed couple of ICS roms and none of them are capable of charging thru the wall. They charge thru USB to computer only. Strange since I tried 4 different ICS roms and all of them have this issue. I gave up and I am back at IHO Backside and charges fine.

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess we are the only ones. I re-flashed couple of ICS roms and none of them are capable of charging thru the wall. They charge thru USB to computer only. Strange since I tried 4 different ICS roms and all of them have this issue. I gave up and I am back at IHO Backside and charges fine.

This issue dates back to the Optimus S GB update (which our ICS kernel is desended from). No one in all this time has been able to identify what causes it, primarily beacuse it's been impossible to replicate on most phones.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
The S had a no charging issue?

I only remember the Phone saying Charging(##%) when it wasn't even charging :p.

Or was it both?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Psn1

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I was trying different options to even fix permissions that some recommended. I doubt ZV update has to do anything with it? Will see just like to play around with it and maybe find the glich!

Thanks all!

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The S had a no charging issue?

I only remember the Phone saying Charging(##%) when it wasn't even charging :p.

Or was it both?

No zvh had no charging my friend noticed this

Oh well time to figure out how to root Droid x for a friend

Did cyanogenmod stop working on cm9

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

redrunner1985

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

not sure what ur issue is, but I have been able to charge using the wall on all ics and jb roms

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
This issue occurred fairly early in the first ICS builds, but only one or two people were affected. I remember it only seemed to affect one guy at first, then later, another. It seems like there's been maybe 4 people who've reported it since then.
I wonder if maybe there's some small hardware change in a small number of phones that's causing it.

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
both my plastic screen v and glass screen one charge via all cables i have (lg wall charger, usb, usb in car) on this rom and cm10 and mirage cm7... cant speak for any others though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith