[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been away for a while, 9 months. I need to catch up here. Before cm9 went to beta, I was having an issue with the clock not showing the correct time as if it wasn't syncing correctly or just lagging. Is this a known problem and if it was has it been fixed? Or is there a work around? Thanks for everything guys

I don't remember if it is still there (flashed 7 roms since last Friday :) ) but if it, is when your screen is off press power to bring up the lock screen then press power to turn screen off then press again to bring screen back up and time will be right. I want to say this is fixed on the 9/1 build though.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember if it is still there (flashed 7 roms since last Friday :) ) but if it, is when your screen is off press power to bring up the lock screen then press power to turn screen off then press again to bring screen back up and time will be right. I want to say this is fixed on the 9/1 build though.

It's not fixed yet. But I think just turning the screen on and off a time or two will update it. Or even just waiting a few seconds.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Dang I have an old v. I'd rather have one with a glass screen

My old ov survived several drops without hardly a scratch. My glass screen marquee shattered the first time I dropped it.

Yeah the glass screen is cooler but the plastic screen is more durable.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My old ov survived several drops without hardly a scratch. My glass screen marquee shattered the first time I dropped it.

Yeah the glass screen is cooler but the plastic screen is more durable.

I'll second that. I couldn't tell you how many people I've seen carrying iPhones with screens that looked like a car windshield after a high speed collision. I've never had any problems with responsiveness on a plastic screen, but I do have a problem dropping phones. I once dropped my sister's phone in a glass of soda. I'll tell you this much: it doesn't matter what kind of screen you have in that situation.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
After installing a third party keyboard, it's safe to remove LatinIME.apk, right? I'll just try it in a little bit if no one else has any experience with this, and I'll report back.

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
After installing a third party keyboard, it's safe to remove LatinIME.apk, right? I'll just try it in a little bit if no one else has any experience with this, and I'll report back.

It should be... I do that with launchers just place the downloaded one in system apps so you dont acedently uninstall it

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed my internal memory is drained. I have no space and I've tried moving things over to SD to no avail. Anyone know how I can free up internal memory? Thanks for everythig

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't have 3G here (and it would have been far more than a 2 hour drive, each direction, to get into one), so I just bought one on eBay for about $400 (including overnight shipping). T-Mobile told me I could stop by and "look" at their display models and ask as many questions as I wanted. No thanks.

Has anyone else picked up a G1? If so, where and how much? Are you using it yet? I can't wait for mine to arrive :)

Its probley because the dalvik is on the data partition and it's to big so you have no space

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
U should move on to bobz jb

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Who should move to BobZ JB? I know some people won't use JB yet cause certain things don't work yet on JB that do on ICS. Like the data will kick off on Jelly Bean sometimes

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean does the system know? <br />
<br />
I think he's talking about replacing it in the ROM zip, which is not what I was talking about. My guess is that it wouldn't work.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I think he's talking about replacing it in the ROM zip, which is not what I was talking about. My guess is that it wouldn't work.

if you opened the rom.zip in an archive manager and place the app in system/app, it would work fine. just dont unzip it, otherwise it wont.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
if you opened the rom.zip in an archive manager and place the app in system/app, it would work fine. just dont unzip it, otherwise it wont.

What if you don't have any Microsoft product anywhere in your home? Could you unzip it and rezip it then? Not that I would need to I'm just curios.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
What if you don't have any Microsoft product anywhere in your home? Could you unzip it and rezip it then? Not that I would need to I'm just curios.

Impossible. Microsoft permeates all facets of human life. Did you know that 90% of all carpets are made by Microsoft?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

No, either way it doesn't get zipped up correctly

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed my internal memory is drained. I have no space and I've tried moving things over to SD to no avail. Anyone know how I can free up internal memory? Thanks for everythig

There Is an app called Droidsail super and its a root app that moves apps to SD, and it can move all apps but it tells you what features will be disabled by doing so such as desktop widget for Facebook, I've been using it on this rom for a while and encountered no problems and I have around 50 mb worth of space

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Yes. Remember, most roms are built on Linux.