[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

ochenta

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you format everything before you flashed? No problems charging for me.

I did, I think it is specific to my phone...it has a lot of problems. I flashed this on a different Optimus V and charging worked just fine, although I was getting a lot of random reboots. Moved back to Mirage for now, although I'll definitely be trying Bobz's CM10 and CM9.1 whenever there are updates!

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I see in the OP it says only USB tethering do sent work. Does that mean wifi tethering works? :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
After 48 hours...all systems go! Flashed EGL and Amphetamines as well and NO REBOOTS (except ones I do myself)...also OC'ed fine to 787/480 on SmartassV2.

Battery life is noticeably better (except in the specific area where my work is...something is wack with that tower...3G signal is tuned way too high and can't get more than 2 bars...)...way better. Running the same setup I had with mirage and conceding it is ICS...I can get to 10 hours and still be over 50% battery...not bad at all with 4 gmail accts, 2 Twitter accts, a Facebook acct, LinkedIn acct syncing...doing a little SiriusXM action, some Spotify and the usual texting, browsing...

Excellent work BobZ...cannot wait to see a stabilized CM10 though!

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The apps are probably still in /data. If they are, move them to ext using a root explorer of some sort

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

Well, I was able to get ES File Explorer installed, and you were right: apps are still in /data/app. However, they are also in /sd-ext/app. Every app in /data has a duplicate in /sd-ext. So, I tried deleting one from /data, and upon reboot, it was gone from both places. Any ideas there?

Pythus

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I got everything installed.... the A2SD++++ script seemed to be moving apps right. However, after my fifth reboot (on purpose) I get a "Android is Upgrading" message and then it indicated that it was optimizing my apps. After which, the app icons were all there, but when I tried to run them the system would state "App is not installed".

Any thoughts?

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I was able to get ES File Explorer installed, and you were right: apps are still in /data/app. However, they are also in /sd-ext/app. Every app in /data has a duplicate in /sd-ext. So, I tried deleting one from /data, and upon reboot, it was gone from both places. Any ideas there?

Apps show up in data/app in a way that it is cloned from sd-ext due to mounting, so deleting from one place affects the other, but storage is not really being used in data/app.

Sent from my Optimus V via Tapatalk

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Apps show up in data/app in a way that it is cloned from sd-ext due to mounting, so deleting from one place affects the other, but storage is not really being used in data/app.

Sent from my Optimus V via Tapatalk

Hm, but I'm still not able to install more apps.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I got everything installed.... the A2SD++++ script seemed to be moving apps right. However, after my fifth reboot (on purpose) I get a "Android is Upgrading" message and then it indicated that it was optimizing my apps. After which, the app icons were all there, but when I tried to run them the system would state "App is not installed".

Any thoughts?

What SD card are you using? I'm starting to think the class 2 SDs that come with these phones can't handle these SD ext scripts as well as we hoped. I haven't had any issues like this but I'm running an 8 gig class 4. I might throw in an old 2 gig to test but I have 4 and I don't remember which one came with the phone lol. Just a thought.

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
i want to know if wifi tethering works or not XD because i dont see it in the op so im wondering if i had a bad flash or a bad dl XD (sorry for bugging)

snobro

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if someone else has asked this question, but I am currently using the 8-16 build of this ROM. I was wondering what the best method would be to update to the most recent release (9-30). My main reason for asking is because I realize there are new a2sd scripts in place and I am not sure how that will effect my sd-ext partition when flashing the new update.
Once again, I am sorry if this has already been discussed and I am just missing something.
Any help is always appreciated, thanks in advance.
~sno

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
ext3.

I tried it twice, ending up with the same results. Even the google apps would no longer be installed.

How did you format the sd card? This might be a pain but you could try backing it up and then formatting with BobZ cwm. You could try with whatever recovery you use, but that worked for me. I also chose the largest ext3 and swap partitions available. I'm not sure that matters, but I had the room, so why not?

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
i hope it is not terribly too off topic but...say a friend has the Optimus S and wants to see what the ICS craze is all about (i'm serious, that is what my friend says!), could this be flashed on the S with no complications? Or would said friend have to wait till a new build for 10 is out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair