[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
i hope it is not terribly too off topic but...say a friend has the Optimus S and wants to see what the ICS craze is all about (i'm serious, that is what my friend says!), could this be flashed on the S with no complications? Or would said friend have to wait till a new build for 10 is out?

You can flash this, home and menu keys will be switched, and MMS won't work. Or you could flash cold as ice, which has about everything working :)

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

Pythus

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
How did you format the sd card? This might be a pain but you could try backing it up and then formatting with BobZ cwm. You could try with whatever recovery you use, but that worked for me. I also chose the largest ext3 and swap partitions available. I'm not sure that matters, but I had the room, so why not?

I changed my ext3 partition to ext2, did a complete wipe and reinstall. Installed a few apps, and rebooted a few times, trying to duplicate the problem. And it happened again. "Android is upgrading..." my app icons are there, but they won't work (system says they are not installed).

SO.... I decide to try rebooting.... and the apps started working! WooHoo!!

I reboot again. "Optimizing". Apps stop working again.... :(

Reboot again, apps work. (Seeing the pattern?)

Not sure what is messing things up, but at least I got it to stabilize bit.

Edit: Nevermind... they won't come back now. Tried going to recovery to wipe Cache/Dal-Cache... "Optimizing Apps" came up, apps to do not work after several reboots.

This is too much trouble, guess it's back to IHO.

Last edited:

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I changed my ext3 partition to ext2, did a complete wipe and reinstall. Installed a few apps, and rebooted a few times, trying to duplicate the problem. And it happened again. "Android is upgrading..." my app icons are there, but they won't work (system says they are not installed).

SO.... I decide to try rebooting.... and the apps started working! WooHoo!!

I reboot again. "Optimizing". Apps stop working again.... :(

Reboot again, apps work. (Seeing the pattern?)

Not sure what is messing things up, but at least I got it to stabilize bit.

Edit: Nevermind... they won't come back now. Tried going to recovery to wipe Cache/Dal-Cache... "Optimizing Apps" came up, apps to do not work after several reboots.

This is too much trouble, guess it's back to IHO.
It sounds like to me that you have an old script sitting in your SD-EXT.
Try wiping everything(including SD-EXT) except SD-Card and then only flash the ROM and Gapps.

snobro

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if someone else has asked this question, but I am currently using the 8-16 build of this ROM. I was wondering what the best method would be to update to the most recent release (9-30). My main reason for asking is because I realize there are new a2sd scripts in place and I am not sure how that will effect my sd-ext partition when flashing the new update.
Once again, I am sorry if this has already been discussed and I am just missing something.
Any help is always appreciated, thanks in advance.
~sno

Just bumping this to see if anyone can help me. Thanks.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Just bumping this to see if anyone can help me. Thanks.

You are probably best off doing a clean wipe. Data is now linked to sd-ext. If you don't want to wipe those you could always try a dirty flash. Just make sure to make a backup first, and don't be sad if it doesn't work perfectly, bite the bullet, wipe everything and flash it again.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone here use Spotify (either using radio or even premium) to play their music. This is an issue I've had since flashing to any of these ROMs...

Sometimes my music will bug out and cause this pulsating whine in my headphones, even if I'm on wifi, which seems to make it even worse. It will make that pulsating whine when it is transitioning between songs as well. I never had that problem on the Gingerbread ROMs...is there something I can do to fix that...I also tend to play Spotify in my car and it will happen there too...

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone here use Spotify (either using radio or even premium) to play their music. This is an issue I've had since flashing to any of these ROMs...

Sometimes my music will bug out and cause this pulsating whine in my headphones, even if I'm on wifi, which seems to make it even worse. It will make that pulsating whine when it is transitioning between songs as well. I never had that problem on the Gingerbread ROMs...is there something I can do to fix that...I also tend to play Spotify in my car and it will happen there too...

It does that to me on default Music Player or Google's Music Player, everytime I lock my screen it makes that whinning noise and if I use the volume keys to change the track samething whinning its annoying lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
It does that to me on default Music Player or Google's Music Player, everytime I lock my screen it makes that whinning noise and if I use the volume keys to change the track samething whinning its annoying lol

so im not the only one...but it doesn't happen if i am playing local files off my SD card or on one of my two internet radios: TuneIn and Sirius/XM

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
The panorama cam works amazingly thank you so much Bob.

P.S. to all the flash junkies: amphetamines01 works way better than amphetamines02 on this rom at this time. It was the difference between being able to overclock or not on my zv5 v
Amph01=806max stable
Amph02=roughly three random reboots a day was not at all stable above 600max oc

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

P.S. to all the flash junkies: amphetamines01 works way better than amphetamines02 on this rom at this time. It was the difference between being able to overclock or not on my zv5 v
Amph01=806max stable

Do you have the glass screen V? I have ZV5 too, but not the glass screen and 02 works just fine...

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm on zv5 as well, with a plastic screen. I've had no probs with amphetamines 2. I didn't try amphetamines 1, though. I had a noticeable increase in pep when I flashed, even though my benchmark numbers went down a little. I'm at 727/600 interactivex with the egl patch as well. Smoothest rom I've had on this phone to date!

Nico72

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

Amph01=806max stable

This ROM runs beautifully for me, without any mods. I'm clocked at 480/729, but I usually keep it at 320/729 with the conservative governor for amazing battery life.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the keys stay lit for a stretch after I first flashed this week's build, but no problems since it settled in.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If you wish to have your button lights on, RootDim can be found in the Play Store. It has settings that will allow you to turn them on or off. Worth checking out.

I think some people might have had their button lights staying on longer than usual. I didn't notice anything like that myself.

This space intentionally left blank.

mkoyskip

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well this is different. Decided (perhaps stupidly) to try the 'Die-Hard Battery Calibrator' script. This is after installing the Amphetamines-01 package, and now i see a screen "Android is upgrading..."

I've never seen that notification before but I think I do remember seeing it mentioned while reading through the thread. It just finished, so I'll reboot to see what happens next....

EDIT: ok, rebooted fine, just got nervous since I'd never had that notification appear.

EDIT: I browsed through the script - looks like it erases the Dalvik... so hopefully no foul, no harm.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance