[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I understand that all the live wallpapers were removed from this ROM to save space, but is it doable for a user to restore just one of them? What is the procedure, if so? The one I'm interested in is the one with the bubbles; it's there in the Quattrimus CM9.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mkoyskip

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's a very thorough wipe. You could try the original chronmod a2sd++ script. You'd have to remove Bob's script from thr rom.zip's init.d and copy in the 40a2sd++ script from the same folder in chronmod's .zip. Several people did this with the previous build and it worked well. I think clodfelterac (sp?) posted this link in this thread a ways back. Bob incorporated it, but made a few changes. You could try to flash it like that, and if that doesn't work flash it with no a2sd script at all and try link2sd.

[Script][Share]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT - xda-developers

I've also considered going back to data2ext, which I used before installing link2sd earlier in the year. It worked great for me except that I had to re-install my apps after every update, which became tiresome because of the frequency of rom updates at the time. Though now that I think about it data2ext was why I wasn't using BobZhome roms at the time (kernel may not have supported it) - couldn't get data2ext working. At one point I think I had 250 apps installed (didn't need them all, just wanted to see how many I could install). [edit: opened an old cmod backup and made a quick count: came up with around 195, not 250]

This weekend I will delve into the init.d and see what I can find. This is definately not my area of expertise, as I haven't coded in over 20 years, but it shouldn't be too difficult :D to get a gist of what's in there...

Thanks for the info. Man, it's frustrating to have an issue that doesn't seem to replicate on other phones.

EDIT: also noticed yesterday that I seem to have caught the 'battery usage bug' showing incorrect times. I see this with Settings > Battery and also using BetterBatteryStats. I haven't had this issue before as far as I know. At the same time I am showing 61% left on my battery and it's been on for 10 hours - have hardly used my phone at all today but this is still awesome for me. I've been meaning to (finally) delve into how to save my battery life by disabling 'stuff' but as of now the only thing I did was turn off Google sync. This is the best battery life I have ever seen on this phone, at least since I rooted it (and I don't remember anything before that).

Last edited:

mkoyskip

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Whew! That was close - dropped my Optimus in my backyard during the storm (pitch black - no electricity for miles). Popped the battery, dried it off, took it apart to blow some moisture out, stuck it in a bowl of rice (put it back together of course!)

Took a couple of boots but it seems to be running, at least I have a 3g signal now - gonna have to find a good cleaning solution for the screen though 'cause it's a mess.

EDIT: spoke too soon - I no longer have a usb port, so no data or charging. Looks like time for a new phone...

Last edited:

ph37rd

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0 RC0-BobZ

Has anyone had the issue of using this ROM and no longer having connectivity with ADB via their USB connection? I'm trying to do some of the V6 Supercharger/Powertools tweaks and need to connect the phone to the laptop to make use of Java. It no longer shows up when I do the ADB devices command.

ph37rd

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm still confused by the lack of ability to use ADB with this ROM. I can flash TheKraven's ICS ROM and have the ability to ADB, but not with BobZ's.
This ROM allows use of several apps I've purchased on the PlayStore that TheKraven's ICS ROM seems to have a version incompatibility with...

I don't get it from either angle.

EDIT: the app incompatibility issue seems to have been corrected.

Last edited:

usquetandem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Last time I tried it battery life was the best of all ROM i tried. It's been some time though...

Does anyone know if the time update bug on the lock screen has been fixed? That's the main thing that prevented me from using this ROM since I use the phone as a watch. I arrived late to a couple of meetings because of that.

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed this ROM and its great! the battery life is better than any ROM even tho it doesn't get deep sleep it still has awesome battery life, and with the clock issue I use clock sync from the play store and it works ;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

hpscott

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I installed this ROM this weekend. I had lots of reboots at first, but after setting InteractiveX (which is already built-in to the ROM) as many have suggested, my problems stopped. I'm enjoying the ROM very much -- thanks!!

I do have one minor issue, but perhaps it is due to user error: I've been trying to set up some profiles, and although they seem to work for connections such as WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS, they don't seem to work for volume settings. It seems as if any profile I create always goes to vibrate only and disregards any volume settings I try to establish. I've checked the override boxes and specified volume levels, but none of them get applied.

Is this a known issue? If not, anyone have an idea for what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:

usquetandem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed this ROM and its great! the battery life is better than any ROM even tho it doesn't get deep sleep it still has awesome battery life, and with the clock issue I use clock sync from the play store and it works ;)

Clock Sync may be just what I was looking for. Thanks. I'll have to try this ROM again. The one I have is slower and eats batteries like a kid eats candies.

Last edited:

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Clock Sync may be just what I was looking for. Thanks. I'll have to try this ROM again. The one I have is slower and eats batteries like a kid eats candies.

Yea just make sure when you download that app in the settings set the interval to 30 seconds

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

hpscott

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I do have one minor issue, but perhaps it is due to user error: I've been trying to set up some profiles, and although the seem to work for connections such as WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS, they don't seem to work for volume settings.

This issue did turn out to be user error: 1) There was no default ringtone for the phone in any new profile that I created so, not surprisingly, setting the volume for a non-existent ringtone didn't do anything; and 2) The checkbox for linking ringtone and notification volumes was set in the system-wide volume settings, and that kept the independent volumes I was trying to set in the profile manager from working as intended.

I have, however, encountered a few other minor issues, some of which I've seen others mention, so I think they're all known:

1) When I come out of Airplane Mode I need to toggle the mobile data for it to work;
2) I get the occasional "white screen" bug in Gmail -- I haven't noticed any rhyme or reason to it, and it seems to fix itself after a little while; and
3) Overall the battery life is pretty good, except it seems to drain more than expected when it sits for long periods in Airplane Mode (like while I'm sleeping at night). Is this the "deep sleep" issue I've been hearing about?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463