Link2SD Blues

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently running BACKside 0502 and recently bought a 16GB Class 4 SanDisk microSD for Link2SD. A 2GB partition, Link2SD running. Brilliant, right?
Not so much.
First, there's the main issue. Rebooting. I go through Heck every time I reboot. Because once it's done, it freezes. Sometimes on the home screen, sometimes on the lock screen. So I have to do a battery pull and try again.
And it repeats.
And repeat.
Sometimes it takes 10+ battery pulls before the phone is stable enough to use.
And not to mention slowly (but constantly) dropping space.
I went from 120 megs to about 116 megs and now 115 megs... but I didn't install anything new! And I'm constantly clearing cache.
Help? Thanks.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
No, I haven't... :eek:bvioussolution:
I have an irrational fear that when I wipe and restore a backup any problems I had when I made the backup will carry over as well...

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
He's not saying to wipe and restore a backup (you're completely right that restoring a backup would restore your problems as well). He's saying to wipe and freshly install your ROM again.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
He's not saying to wipe and restore a backup (you're completely right that restoring a backup would restore your problems as well). He's saying to wipe and freshly install your ROM again.

Thanks for the clarifying of my fears!! :)
So, rewipe and restore a titanium backup and relink??? That's gonna take years!!!
Lol I'll go do it. :)

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Btw, is there any way to make Titanium Backup just restore the backup? Because having to verify every single app installed gets tedious, and I forget, and it takes forever.

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Btw, is there any way to make Titanium Backup just restore the backup? Because having to verify every single app installed gets tedious, and I forget, and it takes forever.

I've been told the pro version has a batch -one click- restore, but I'm too cheap to pay $7 to find out... :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I just ended up paying for it. I think it's worth it.
But I reflashed, restored, relinked, rebooted, and storage issues are not an issue anymore. :)
But, freezing is still here. Random rebooting is gone, yay, but random freezing remains! :mad:
Help? Again? :eek:

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay. This is ridiculous.
This morning I experienced lock screen freezing and my phone wouldn't wake up after falling asleep! Kept occurring after multiple battery pulls. Phone is stable as of now, but who knows what could happen. Yes, I've fixed permissions. Multiple times. I'm a little sad because I've seen so many happy owners of this phone and all I have is bad memories of malfunctions. Any suggestions other than replace the card? I guess I'll do it if it comes to it, but spending more money doesn't sound ideal. I don't even know if these issues are LINK2SD related, but I'm sick of reboots and freezing and sleeps of death and battery pulls. I've endured it since I got the phone in November. I'm done. I need a solution.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
it sounds like a bad SD card to me. Do you have a spare or someone you know could let you use one of theirs for an hour or 2. Best to test first before buying another one.

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
An easy way to determine if it's your SD is to simply not link anything and see if you still have problems. Also, I hope you aren't linking things like your launcher. If your SD card is indeed having problems, then linking things like your launcher and keyboards will cause even more problems.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I only link apps I download from the Play Store. No launchers or keyboards linked.
And, if I don't link anything, I won't have enough space to keep all the apps. Can I still move them to the SD while I check for issues?
Or, even better, make a Titanium Backup and just delete everything?
Any input is highly appreciated.
Thanks!

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
An easy way to determine if it's your SD is to simply not link anything and see if you still have problems. Also, I hope you aren't linking things like your launcher. If your SD card is indeed having problems, then linking things like your launcher and keyboards will cause even more problems.

The OV can't run without an SDcard so even without links it can still have issues so that will not help much. Just opening the camera app causes the OS to check the SDcard for space and with a bad SD that can cause a freeze.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
The OV can't run without an SDcard so even without links it can still have issues so that will not help much. Just opening the camera app causes the OS to check the SDcard for space and with a bad SD that can cause a freeze.

Just opened up camera fine, took a few pictures perfectly, exited smoothly.
Suggestions to prevent future incidents? I live in fear of something bad happening again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech