07-18-2012 06:47 PM
28 12
tools
    I'm currently running BACKside 0502 and recently bought a 16GB Class 4 SanDisk microSD for Link2SD. A 2GB partition, Link2SD running. Brilliant, right?
    Not so much.
    First, there's the main issue. Rebooting. I go through Heck every time I reboot. Because once it's done, it freezes. Sometimes on the home screen, sometimes on the lock screen. So I have to do a battery pull and try again.
    And it repeats.
    And repeat.
    Sometimes it takes 10+ battery pulls before the phone is stable enough to use.
    And not to mention slowly (but constantly) dropping space.
    I went from 120 megs to about 116 megs and now 115 megs... but I didn't install anything new! And I'm constantly clearing cache.
    Help? Thanks.
    06-17-2012 03:21 PM
    Bump. Please help?
    06-17-2012 04:50 PM
    Fresh flash fresh link. Havw you tried thay after a complete wipe?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-17-2012 04:56 PM
    No, I haven't... :obvioussolution:
    I have an irrational fear that when I wipe and restore a backup any problems I had when I made the backup will carry over as well...
    06-17-2012 05:07 PM
    He's not saying to wipe and restore a backup (you're completely right that restoring a backup would restore your problems as well). He's saying to wipe and freshly install your ROM again.
    06-17-2012 06:27 PM
    He's not saying to wipe and restore a backup (you're completely right that restoring a backup would restore your problems as well). He's saying to wipe and freshly install your ROM again.
    Thanks for the clarifying of my fears!!
    So, rewipe and restore a titanium backup and relink??? That's gonna take years!!!
    Lol I'll go do it.
    06-17-2012 06:31 PM
    Btw, is there any way to make Titanium Backup just restore the backup? Because having to verify every single app installed gets tedious, and I forget, and it takes forever.
    06-17-2012 06:35 PM
    I was sad titanium didn't restore tap tap revenge 4 I'm sad

Sent from futuristic quattrimus optimus s
    06-17-2012 07:00 PM
    Oh noez D:
    06-17-2012 07:12 PM
    Btw, is there any way to make Titanium Backup just restore the backup? Because having to verify every single app installed gets tedious, and I forget, and it takes forever.
    I've been told the pro version has a batch -one click- restore, but I'm too cheap to pay $7 to find out... :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-17-2012 11:15 PM
    Lol, I just ended up paying for it. I think it's worth it.
    But I reflashed, restored, relinked, rebooted, and storage issues are not an issue anymore.
    But, freezing is still here. Random rebooting is gone, yay, but random freezing remains!
    Help? Again? :o

06-18-2012 07:58 AM
    Do you have the freezing problems after a fresh install and without restoring anything?
    06-18-2012 06:20 PM
    Yes.

06-18-2012 11:16 PM
    Okay. This is ridiculous.
    This morning I experienced lock screen freezing and my phone wouldn't wake up after falling asleep! Kept occurring after multiple battery pulls. Phone is stable as of now, but who knows what could happen. Yes, I've fixed permissions. Multiple times. I'm a little sad because I've seen so many happy owners of this phone and all I have is bad memories of malfunctions. Any suggestions other than replace the card? I guess I'll do it if it comes to it, but spending more money doesn't sound ideal. I don't even know if these issues are LINK2SD related, but I'm sick of reboots and freezing and sleeps of death and battery pulls. I've endured it since I got the phone in November. I'm done. I need a solution.

06-28-2012 11:39 AM
    it sounds like a bad SD card to me. Do you have a spare or someone you know could let you use one of theirs for an hour or 2. Best to test first before buying another one.
    06-28-2012 12:14 PM
    No one I know has an SD I could test. I have no spare.
    I'm kind of screwed, aren't I?
    06-28-2012 12:17 PM
    An easy way to determine if it's your SD is to simply not link anything and see if you still have problems. Also, I hope you aren't linking things like your launcher. If your SD card is indeed having problems, then linking things like your launcher and keyboards will cause even more problems.
    06-28-2012 04:20 PM
    Nope, I only link apps I download from the Play Store. No launchers or keyboards linked.
    And, if I don't link anything, I won't have enough space to keep all the apps. Can I still move them to the SD while I check for issues?
    Or, even better, make a Titanium Backup and just delete everything?
    Any input is highly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    06-28-2012 05:54 PM
    An easy way to determine if it's your SD is to simply not link anything and see if you still have problems. Also, I hope you aren't linking things like your launcher. If your SD card is indeed having problems, then linking things like your launcher and keyboards will cause even more problems.
    The OV can't run without an SDcard so even without links it can still have issues so that will not help much. Just opening the camera app causes the OS to check the SDcard for space and with a bad SD that can cause a freeze.
    06-28-2012 06:15 PM
    The OV can't run without an SDcard so even without links it can still have issues so that will not help much. Just opening the camera app causes the OS to check the SDcard for space and with a bad SD that can cause a freeze.
    Just opened up camera fine, took a few pictures perfectly, exited smoothly.
    Suggestions to prevent future incidents? I live in fear of something bad happening again.
    06-28-2012 06:30 PM
    I said don't link. I didn't say don't use an sd card.
    06-29-2012 01:10 AM
    You should take the card to radioshack and ask them to test if it's a bad card. if it is then return it to wherever you got it. These memory cards really don't cost that much.

But why don't you try this do a completely fresh install and then only install the apps you need and link2sd and see if you're still having the same problems.

Also what format is the 2nd partition of your sd card?
    06-29-2012 01:37 AM
    Alright, update time. I just got home from a trip and turned on my Optimus V to only experience lots and lots of issues. Battery pulls, rebooting, freezing, all in less than 24 hours. So, this morning, I decided to take out the microSD and the phone is uber smooth for the past 10 minutes (longer than it has been working, mind you), so I'm kind of sure that my microSD is the issue.
    I just don't want to pay $30 to replace it.
    EDIT: Before anyone asks, it's, too late to return it.
    07-14-2012 09:51 AM
    It shouldn't cost $30 to replace a 16gig class 4 MicroSD... I got my Sandisk 16gig for around $15 months ago, Newegg has a bunch for $10-12.

EDIT: and most companies have a long (often lifetime) warranty on flash memory, Sandisk should send you a new one if you think yours is defective.
    Encerspay45 likes this.
    07-14-2012 10:37 AM
    Wow, that's helpful!! I'll be sure to hit up SanDisk, I never thought of that. Thanks so much!!!!!
    07-14-2012 01:10 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD