Stuck at Lg splash screen after zv9 update

Tacular Z

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay! I'll start by giving out as much information as possible. My friend got a new phone so he gave me his V, so yes, I still have mine. I would kinda like a working spare/test phone. So anyways, it's old. It had Xionia recovery on it and a Bumble Bee on it. I flashed the zv9 update before reading anyyy of tutorials. Yes I'm that lazy. I'd assume it would just work. No. I flashed the zip all went well. At the end it said something about radio update. It said along the lines of rebooting to fully complete, whatever, I thought. I pressed the home key to confirm, then it said radio update success. Cool. Now the good part, it's boot's me out of the recovery, and stay's at Lg logo. No recovery. No adb. No fastboot. No nothing. Tried the fix your V with S firmware. But that didn't work as it won't detect my v even plugged in, but as I said. I still have my V and confirm it connects. So, yeah. No big deal if it's stuck like this forever. But, at the same time. Yeah, so does anyone got any tips? I'm almost pretty sure this is a perma-brick.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
This phone is practically unbrickable. :p

Someone will solve your problem eventually. Just give it some time. :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I can suggest is trying button mashing to get into your recovery or emergency mode. It should still be there.

Try pulling your battery, holding down power, home, and volume down, and putting your battery back in, and letting go right when the LG logo appears.

Tacular Z

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I can suggest is trying button mashing to get into your recovery or emergency mode. It should still be there.

Try pulling your battery, holding down power, home, and volume down, and putting your battery back in, and letting go right when the LG logo appears.

The only thing that does, is black the screen for half a second and then I let go and nothing. Just that stupid "LG" face just stares at me.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Back + volume down + home? There was another way too Umm.... Volume down + back held while plugging in the usb... Maybe.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Take the battery out, wait 30 seconds (count them), hold the BACK, power, and volume down button, plug in the USB cable (with the battery out), see if that gets you into emergency mode.

Tacular Z

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Take the battery out, wait 30 seconds (count them), hold the BACK, power, and volume down button, plug in the USB cable (with the battery out), see if that gets you into emergency mode.

I don't believe it, I button mashed for 10 minutes straight. Somehow it worked. Thank you very very much. Much appreciated it.

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you figured out a solution, but when I applied the zv9 update, I kept getting stuck in a boot loop. My ultimate solution was to return to the recovery and flash again; I had to flash three or four times before I was able to successfully boot to the new stock rom.

[edit] ...and now that I more fully read your post, it seems part of your problem was not being able to access recovery. Apologies!

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay. So this is a stupid question. But uh, what now? Emergency mode. Cool. No adb though sooo. Am I doing something wrong?

If you can ONLY access emergency then your only option is to restore with optimus s firmware.. It's kinda a long process but there is a guide.

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I may be asking a redundant question (and please forgive me if I am!), but if you pull out the battery for a second or two and then replace it, are you able to access the recovery by holding the Down, Home and Power buttons?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I may be asking a redundant question (and please forgive me if I am!), but if you pull out the battery for a second or two and then replace it, are you able to access the recovery by holding the Down, Home and Power buttons?

It's home + volume down + power actually :rolleyes:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of redundant ;)

When I'm doing it, I think "down" not "volume down". Maybe it's my brain trying to be poetic, aiming to get some recovery through some down home power.

Or maybe I'm just sleep deprived.

Lol the first time I read your reply I thought you said hold down the home and power. Reading it again I see that's not what you said. I work midnight and I must have been slightly dyslexic. Sorry for the redundancy

gwz85

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay. So this is a stupid question. But uh, what now? Emergency mode. Cool. No adb though sooo. Am I doing something wrong?

I had the same problem. After trying to fix it and seeing the long process of trying to fix it with Sprint LS, I gave up and called Virgin Mobile I told them that it happen after the upgrade and they were nice enough to sent me a replacement. I have no insurance in my account.