Link2SD

Rayz321

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
When you use link2sd is it like app2sd where if they are on the sd they can't listen for boot complete and stuff like that? Or when you use link2sd can pretty much any app be put on there?

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry. I don't quite understand your terminology, however, I want to help.
I just barely got LINK2SD working on my phone. It's awesome!!!!
I have 69 apps currently on my Optimus V, all linked, and 112 megs of internal storage free.
It's really great.
Yes, you can link any app. I've heard that some apps don't like being linked and don't play well when linked, but I've never linked an app that still didn't work flawlessly.
JUST MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT LINK THE PLAY STORE.
Please don't link the Play Store/Market. It will cause horrible things to happen.
Spiders will grow wings.
Nicolas Cage will be the only actor left on the planet.
Internet Explorer will be the last browser in existence.
And Gigli will get a remake.
Point taken? I hope so. Bad things, man. Bad things.
I hope I helped just a little bit.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Biscuit1001011

Rayz321

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry basically I meant this.
You know how some apps like keyboard apps aren't supposed to be moved to sd card.
Or somes apps say "WARNING DO NOT MOVE TO SD CARD!!"
Basically I'm asking if you can safely 'Link' those apps without problems

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry basically I meant this.
You know how some apps like keyboard apps aren't supposed to be moved to sd card.
Or somes apps say "WARNING DO NOT MOVE TO SD CARD!!"
Basically I'm asking if you can safely 'Link' those apps without problems

Try it? I'm pretty sure I had Swype linked on my old ov.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Link2sd actually makes the system think the apps are still on the data partition. I've had launchers, themes, keyboards, and widgets linked with no adverse affects.

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You can technically move just about any app without problems but it's not advisable to link important things that will cause a lot of problems if your sd card fails, like your launcher or keyboards. You want to keep the stuff that keeps your phone functional on the internal memory.

wuzdat

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi Encerspay45, I noticed that your running BACKside IHO (0502) CM7.2, I just flashed BobZhome CM7.2 on my OpV. I have been running Link2SD for a year or so on my Stock Rom, but when I upgraded to this CM7.2 this weekend, it won't allow me to use the Link2 SD at all. It gives me that "cannot create mount script" error each time I reboot. I have been web browsing for 2 days looking for a solution & just cannot find anything yet.
Do you mind telling me how you were able to get it to work on your CM7 Rom? Any help would be appreciated.

5hi7h34d

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi Encerspay45, I noticed that your running BACKside IHO (0502) CM7.2, I just flashed BobZhome CM7.2 on my OpV. I have been running Link2SD for a year or so on my Stock Rom, but when I upgraded to this CM7.2 this weekend, it won't allow me to use the Link2 SD at all. It gives me that "cannot create mount script" error each time I reboot. I have been web browsing for 2 days looking for a solution & just cannot find anything yet.
Do you mind telling me how you were able to get it to work on your CM7 Rom? Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure your sdcard partitions didn't get mucked with on the ROM install? Remember Link2sd has you make 2 partitions out of your sdcard and uses one partition for storing it's magic. I was thinking perhaps your old Link2sd files were still on the partition somehow causing grief. If this is the case perhaps wiping the partition would fix it?