VM speeds....

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It takes forever for me to download a Market apl that's .92MBs and I have full bars.....:banghead:

Is this because of Sprint, or Virgin Mobile?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Its because of the zv9 update. That's exactly why vm took it down

ALSO: just because you have full bars doesn't mean you have good data strength. I can have full bars but no data at all

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I use this, its lightning fast
447732d5-0c4a-23c1.jpg

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Its because of the zv9 update. That's exactly why vm took it down

ALSO: just because you have full bars doesn't mean you have good data strength. I can have full bars but no data at all

Even VM in plain. The Wildfire S doesn't seem any better with speeds too.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Even VM in plain. The Wildfire S doesn't seem any better with speeds too.

Like I also said, full bars don't mean good data. I get download speeds of 700kbs at my house with one bar, but 30 miles away I get full bars but only 1x.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I would really like to see an official statement from Virgin on why the update was pulled. It could just as easily be because they are no longer selling the Optimus V. This talk of it ruining data speeds just comes off as nothing but speculation.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I would really like to see an official statement from Virgin on why the update was pulled. It could just as easily be because they are no longer selling the Optimus V. This talk of it ruining data speeds just comes off as nothing but speculation.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

they are still selling it. LG Optimus V Android Phone | Virgin Mobile

and i believe someone called them and asked. im 99% sure i read that somewhere

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
The premise that the ZV9 update automatically means instant death for data speeds seems counterintuitive, based on my own experience. The very first thing I did, upon receipt of my ZV5 replacement phone, was install the update. Even now, it's not unusual for me to sustain 125kB/s download speeds, which is at least as good as I was getting with my original ZV5 phone.

Reactions: rebel69ization

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The premise that the ZV9 update automatically means instant death for data speeds seems counterintuitive, based on my own experience. The very first thing I did, upon receipt of my ZV5 replacement phone, was install the update. Even now, it's not unusual for me to sustain 125kB/s download speeds, which is at least as good as I was getting with my original ZV5 phone.

Works great for me too

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

I never said it was everyone. If a few people call and complain, vm will pull the update. That simple

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
i spoke with a technical support rep from corporate vm and mentioned in passing the annoying 2.5 gb limit text messages and the rep seemed puzzled that i was even getting them at all. this was no regular monkey rep either he stated it should be on an extremely rare occasion you even get these messages if at all because you are unlimited. dude must've still had his sprint beanie on.....confused that he was speaking to a vm customer...lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Loooool. I don't believe VM supoort knows a thing about their phones.

Short story: I called about random reboots, I factory reseted so many times, and even tried not downloading anything. I told them that, and dude goes....

VM: Well you see, you haz a virus from downloading an Launcher. It happened to ne before. Zer is nothing wrong with your phone

Me: What.....? I didn't download anything.

He then repeated something about downloading launchers......

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Loooool. I don't believe VM supoort knows a thing about their phones.

Short story: I called about random reboots, I factory reseted so many times, and even tried not downloading anything. I told them that, and dude goes....

VM: Well you see, you haz a virus from downloading an Launcher. It happened to ne before. Zer is nothing wrong with your phone

Me: What.....? I didn't download anything.

He then repeated something about downloading launchers......

Lmao what an idiot haha. God what launcher were you downloading?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18