VM speeds....

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
It takes forever for me to download a Market apl that's .92MBs and I have full bars.....:banghead:

Is this because of Sprint, or Virgin Mobile?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
3g on virgin mobile is s......
....l.......................o.........................w
:screwy:
Try Wi-Fi :D

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
3g on virgin mobile is s......
....l.......................o.........................w
:screwy:
Try Wi-Fi :D

Depends on where you live. In most large metro areas, my speed's been pretty good in 3G. I do most of my app downloads through WiFi (usually at home). Sometimes I'll use 3G if I really need the app right away, unless it's more than 2 MB.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
hmm, metropcs just might be better than VM then.....never had problems and I have MetroPCS on my V...(not legally)

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually can't complain at all about my own data speeds with VM. I just downloaded the YouTube app (2.42Mb). From the time I clicked accept til the time the DL hit 100%, 27seconds had elapsed. That doesn't seem all that bad considering I rarely have more than 1 bar of signal here.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
^+1 That would work since VM and sprint are the same.
To do this you must be on stock/froyo and know your SPC code
You must have LGNPST (with VM670.dll) or QPST (I haven't tested changing PRL's with QPST)
Get a Sprint PRL, Google search...
Have phone drivers installed

On the phone dial ##7678#
Enter SPC code there is a thread about obtaining this, I will link you if needed
Check the box
You just enabled serial port

The rest can easily be figure out with LGNPST
QPST there is a guide to doing it on AF with the Optimus M, it might be hard to find, I can tell you what to do if needed.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually can't complain at all about my own data speeds with VM. I just downloaded the YouTube app (2.42Mb). From the time I clicked accept til the time the DL hit 100%, 27seconds had elapsed. That doesn't seem all that bad considering I rarely have more than 1 bar of signal here.

That shows how robust the Sprint network is IMHO. I could rarely do that with 1 bar when I had a contract with AT&T! Everyone and their mother complains about how slow 3G is on Sprint, but it usually comes through, even in weak spots. The only trouble I've ever had with the network was in May, when I was on a high, hilly area in Bloomfield, NJ. I had to get out of a church basement I was in just to make a phone call.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I meant Sprint downloads slow. I have anan Epic 4G and it downloads slow, but web and everything else is quick. Could Sprint be doing something? Or is VM holding back?

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Definitely satisfied with pretty much every aspect of VM service. I got my kickass OV for $50 during a Black Friday sale and I get a very useable service for only $35 a month. A few weeks ago I started having USB problems with my original OV, so they sent me out a replacement, no questions asked. Overall, I'm a happy camper. It's a world apart from the nightmare I was having with Straight Talk before switching.

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I meant Sprint downloads slow. I have anan Epic 4G and it downloads slow, but web and everything else is quick. Could Sprint be doing something? Or is VM holding back?

Maybe you're just unlucky enough to live in an area with more network congestion? Out here in the country, I get pretty reasonable download speed, whether on the phone itself or when tethered. I picked up an iPhone 3gs yesterday. While waiting for the guy to show up, I decided to FoxFi to my laptop and download the latest iTunes. Took about 17 minutes to complete. Not too shabby for a cut-rate service.

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Sprint Optimus users have priority over VM on the towers. Changing your prl sill give you the same priority.

Edit: you don't need to be on froyo, just be in recovery. Worked for me on ICS with Xionia recovery.
Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: glarepate

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I changed my PRL more tthan 10 times. I had them both on same PRL and same results.

Edit: I don't think I could complain as well. 25$ Plan, VM replaces phones with no problem, what's not missing?v:p

Last edited:

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I changed my PRL more tthan 10 times. I had them both on same PRL and same results.

Edit: I don't think I could complain as well. 25$ Plan, VM replaces phones with no problem, what's not missing?v:p

Are you using the latest sprint prl? I believe it's 60687, that's what I'm on.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

gerbalblaste

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys, changing the PRL doesn't change how the network treats the phone, only how the phone finds towers. My speeds are identical across multiple VM and Sprint PRLs. AND significantly slower than my buddy with Sprint.

VM phones get second rate service and there isn't much we can do about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos