The Wonderful ROMs of Our Amazing Optimus V! 9/18/12

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well around the site I've noticed a lot of people asking for good ROMs, or asking for a stable ROM, etc etc.
Why can't they look around the site? I have no idea :confused: laziness, can't find their mouse, they're hands suddenly stopped working, they're scared, or maybe they just can't figure out how to work a computer? BUT, this thread is for those people. So they can look around, see for themselves what they are looking for and which ROM suits their style. I'll be posting our public OV ROMs here. Their Dev, if they're stable, and description (if included). If I missed one or you want yours added (if I haven't put it up yet) please comment below. There won't be a download link here BUT a link to the appropriate thread since some ROMs get lost in the forums with all the endless threads.

Note- This will get updated as more ROMs are born, they die, get requested, they become stable, they switch owners, or they become unsupported.

If you want me to update something (change the description, change the name, change the dev?) or if you want me to remove your ROM from the list, don't hesitate to say so.

So here we go.

EXCELLENT Froyo ROMs

OV-Enterprise
-Developer: bjoyner12690
-Stable? Since it's Froyo, OF COURSE.
-Description: This rom is based off LeslieAnn's Aeneas Rom. It is designed to be as smooth as Jean-Luc Picard, fully functional as Data and as sexy as William Riker. It began as just a learning experience and then I decided, why not upload it. I would have liked a Rom like this when I first started rooting and modding my OV.
-Link: OV-Enterprise

Rhode Utility (Froyo activation/troubleshooting):
-Developer: LeslieAnn
-Stable? Sort of. it's not intended for every day use
-Description: This is a very small, lightweight Froyo rom you can download and flash fast that includes a few utilities we often use when things go wrong, i.e. protection. This is NOT meant to be used as a daily rom, it is a tool for those times you need to re-activate, or troubleshoot something. It has the same genetics as Harmonia 1, but more stripped down for a specific purpose. It works on both old and new Optimus V phones.
-Link: Rhode Utility Rom

Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks)
-Stable? VERY.
-Description: The idea is pretty much a bare rom, based on the stock rom, but with updates/tweaks/and things that should have been included but weren't, that you add your themes and such to, You won't find any bloat, what is here is here because it needs to be and not much more. This allows you to create the phone you want without anything you don't want or need. Just a lean, mean phone, your way.
-Link: Harmonia Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks)

Aeneas Froyo Build Your Own Rom
-Stable? Yes :D
-Description: B.Y.O.R. = Build Your Own Rom.
That's right, you are welcome to take this rom, tear it apart, make your own from it and share it. and you do not need to understand Linux at all. This is meant as a learning experience as well as a way to get people started messing with roms and just see what people come up with. So have fun with it. Please remember to thank those who help you accomplish your ideal rom.
-Link: Aeneas Froyo (BUILD YOUR OWN ROM)

Resurrected Bumblebee
-Developer: obijohn (formerly) , anthonycr (currently)
-Stable? Of Course.
-Description: Early in 2011, user obijohn created a ROM based on the stock 2.2.1 froyo ROM that combined speed, overclocking, and lightweight characteristics into one lightning fast, battery efficient driver for the Optimus V. Unfortunately, development died off for this incredible ROM for various reasons and Bumblebee faded into the cyber-darkness, re-emerging occasionally as naive users flashed the incompatible ROM with their new screens.Now, combining the picasticks kernel (compatible with the new screen) with the old Bumblebee ROM, this fantastic ROM can now be experienced by the whole OV community.
-Link: Bumblebee Resurrected

Amazing Gingerbread ROMs!

OM-Mandylion
-Developer: EarthnFire78
-Stable? Yes!
-Description: OM-Mandylion started out as IHO-Alien out of boredom and geekness and cannibalizing other roms, OM-Mandylion as grown into its own stand alone IHO ROM. OM=The symbol of absolution. Mandylion=A mythical creator that is the bringer of peace.
-Link: OM-Mandylion

SIII for the Optimus V
-Developer: ilikechicken123
-Stable? Yes.
-Description: n/a click on the following link for more info.
-Link: SIII for the Optimus V

Magpie (tvall's IHO stuff)
-Developer: tvall
-Stable? Yes c:
-Description: This is the way i think moving apps to ext should be done. There are no extra apps, no scripts, no flashing extra stuff, no breaking on rom updates. It is all built in to the ROM's framework. magpie is a kang of the a2sd feature found in cm5, ported to cm6 and 7 by @firer4t. Just go into the manage apps menu, and there is now a button to move to ext right next to the usual move to sd one. it just works. moving apps back is as simple as pressing the move to phone button. simple, works. this is a nearly pure build of iho, only differences are the removal of fm.apk, and the use of bobzhome v3.7 kernel
-Link: Magpie

OptimusWiz
-Developer: arnold1997
-Stable? Yessir!
-Description: This is a GingerBread themed rom to look like Samsung TouchWiz. This is still a Work In Progress
-Link: OptimusWiz

Harmonia 2.08 19
-Stable? There are small bugs but there are fixes for them
-Description: The idea is pretty much a bare rom, based or as close as possible to what a stock rom should have been, that you add your themes and such to. You won't find any bloat, what is here is here because it needs to be and not much more. This allows you to create the phone you want without anything you don't want or need. Just a lean, mean phone, your way. Harmonia 2 is basically a stock GB factory style rom (based on Mirage), similar to how Harmonia 1 is a tweaked stock rom. However, it is still built from IHO.
-Link: Harmonia 2

Joyfully Optimus (Ported)
-Developer: torch2424
-Stable? Yes. Has small bugs but nothing big.
-Description: This is an ios style rom for The optimus v, that is a port of Joy OS
-Link: Joyfully Optimus

MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO
-Developer: mrg666
-Stable? YES.
-Description: Following the original IHO thread has become too difficult due to its enormous size and simultaneous discussion of many other builds. MiRaGe is a barebones/basic ROM closely following CyanogenMod.
-Link: MiRaGe

G-T-R Reloaded (Ported)
-Developer: Neko95 (original) , ThatGuyLurkin (ported version)
-Stable? Yes. Very little-no bugs.
-Description: ROM is based of the MRG's rom. FEATURES: BETTER GAMING EXPERIENCE | GREAT AUDIO QUALITY FOR MUSIC LOVERS| COOL USERINTERFACE! | FASTER NET SURFING | FAST GPS LOCATION FIX! | ALL IN ONE PACK ROM!
-Link: G-T-R Reloaded

CyanMobile Experience for the OV
-Developer: sellers86
-Stable? Very little bugs. All important things work
-Description: CyanMobile is a completely opensource project. It has features from CM9 and AOKP backported to it. This ROM is great for those who want AOKP, but can't run ICS on their phone.
-Link: CyanMobile

LewaOS
-Developer: butters402
-Stable? Some bugs, and APN needs to be changed manually.
-Description: Our company “Lewatek” was founded in April 2011. We focus on the modifications for cell phones operating systems based on the Android platform. At the very beginning when we established our company, we got angel investment from the Green Pine capital partners. Our team is very experienced in smartphone researching and user experience designing. Right now, we provide many ROMs for Android cell phone users, and we would like to improve it with everyone who uses it. Our products had been accepted by varieities of chip manufacturers, cell phones design houses, ODM integration service providers, Chinese brand marketers and cell phone companies. We are looking forward to provide the best Android operation system and services.
-Link: LewOS

GingerDX
-Developer: ThatGuyLurkin
-Stable? Yes, and vwith lots of customization.
-Description: Let's continue the fun!
This project is a continuation of doixanh's personal ROM, known as GingerDX.
("Ginger" as in "Gingerbread", and "DX" as in short for "doixanh")
Brought to you by Team GingerDX:
eagleeyetom and djnilse

As set in stone by doixanh, the main goal is to have a fast, smooth and lightweight CM7 based ROM with some special features.
-Link: GingerDX

Democracy
-Developer: martinez41613
-Stable? Yes with a few bugs and some workarounds
-Description: While looking in the Galaxy Ace Forums I found this ROM. This ROM looks awesome so I decided to port it. It's basically a highly ICS themed and transparent CM7 ROM. I made a few modifications in the process. Also, I honestly don't know why it's called Democracy ROM & GApps are included.
-Link: Democracy

HTX MIUI
-Developer: martinez41613
-Stable? Yes with a few bugs
-Description: While looking in the LG GT540 Forums I found this ROM. This ROM looks awesome so I decided to port it. It's basically a MIUI ROM completely resized for MDPI devices to increase smoothness. I made some modifications in the process. Also, GApps are included.
-Link: HTX MIUI

Kool-Blue
-Developer: thewraith420
-Stable? Yes.
-Description: This is a rom Based on Optimus S Sprint ZVJ Community Rom. Its themed with UOT Kitchen in blue... because i like blue . This is very much a WIP because its my First Rom Project I've released to the Community. AKA I'm still learning guys so take it easy on me! Any Suggestions will be considered and appreciated.
-Link: Kool-Blue

GingerSnap 1.4.0 (ported)
-Stable? As most of our gingerbread roms, this is a very stable rom.
-Description: Ginger Snap is the successor of Gamer's Talho Rom (GTR) and Moto RAZR-UI, this ROM is based on CM7.2 latest nightlies build, basically it's an optimized Ginger Bread ROM with some customization and modifications, light weighted bareboned ROM, meant to be slick, fast and slimmed a typical user and gamers would like to have. Now Ginger Snap offers the look and feel of Stock LG ROM. Everyone love's the stock ROM but we had some problems because its NOT customizable and not as FAST as CM in terms of performance and smoothness, that is why the IDEA of getting the stock ROM looks and feel with CM features and performance will be the best combination will ever had for our devices.
-Link: GingerSnap!

Wonderful Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs!

Paranoid Android Tablet UI
-Stable? As far as ICS can go, it's stable with very little bugs.
-Description: Paranoid Android offers the Tablet UI for any deice that's not a tablet! And here we are, for it on the Optimus V!
-Link: ParanoidAndroid

The Godzilla Rom
-Developer: jonny5449
-Stable? It's getting there. The necessary things work.
-Description: A Tweaked And Themed ICS Rom, Based upon BobzHome CM9 Rom
-Link: The Godzilla Rom

Quattrimus ICS
-Developer: tdm
-Stable? It's so very close to being fully stable. Everything almost works! It's in the early beta stages!!
-Description: quattrimus is Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) for the Optimus V. This is the product of some amazing work by many people
-Link: Quattrimus ICS

XperiaICS
-Developer: clodfelterac
-Stable? Pretty much. Home button isn't working but it should be fixed soon
-Description: n/a click link below for more information.
-Link: XperiaICS

CM9.0 RC0-BobZ
-Developer: BobZhome
-Stable? it's also getting there. The necessary things work.
-Description: Well, let's be honest. Unless you're living under a rock, you probably know what Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is. Furthermore, you should know what the CyanogenMod project is.
-Link: CM9.0 RC0-BobZ

Codename Android
-Developer: sellers86
-Stable? yes, with a few bugs
-Description: A while back, Gannon gave me his CNA project. Here I am with my first release (finally) and its very much alpha quality. Please only report issues if they are not in the not working!
-Link: CodeNameAndroid

VanillaBean
-Developer: TauSigmaNova
-Stable? As far as cm9 is concerned,yes. AOKP update coming soon. Some bugs.
-Description: Hey guys! Today, I bring to you the ROM that I have been working on for the last few days. This is my first venture into actually editing android, aside from flashing ROMs and the like. Unless you live under a rock, pineapple, cardboard box, or the like, you have most likely heard about Android 4.1, also known as Jellybean!
-Link: VanillaBean

EXCITING JellyBean ROMs

CM10.0.0 RC0-BobZ
-Developer: BobZhome
-Stable? As far as a jellybean rom can go, it's very stable. Few bugs but I'm sure we'll see fixes very soon.
-Description: Well, let's be honest. Unless you're living under a rock, you probably know what Android 4.1.1 (Jellybean) is. Furthermore, you should know what the CyanogenMod project is.
-Link: CM10.0.0 RC0-BobZ

Last edited:

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: The Wonderful ROMs of Our Amazing Optimus V!

Someone should do this with recoveries........cannibal wins them all though.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
You shouldn't put not recommended for daily use for Bobz rom. Its perfectly stable and high performanced. You also gave TDMs rom alot of Smileys which is singled out as " The Best ".

IMO, you should give them all an equal saying. Their all good for daily use too.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

You shouldn't put not recommended for daily use for Bobz rom. Its perfectly stable and high performanced. You also gave TDMs rom alot of Smileys which is singled out as " The Best ".

IMO, you should give them all an equal saying. Their all good for daily use too.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

*They're rofl

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Good idea :)

We have a thread (or two) like this stickied in the OS forum but we STILL get the occasional "what rom should i use?!?!" thread :rolleyes:

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Someone should do this with recoveries........cannibal wins them all though.

Not enough recoveries to justify a need for a thread like this, there really is only 4 that are good for everyday use.

Although the OP ca be updated to list the recoveries, but I would leave the OP opinion free, plus the OP has only about half of the IHO (Gengerbread) ROMS listed.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Not enough recoveries to justify a need for a thread like this, there really is only 4 that are good for everyday use.

Although the OP ca be updated to list the recoveries, but I would leave the OP opinion free, plus the OP has only about half of the IHO (Gengerbread) ROMS listed.

People also don't flash recoveries as much as roms. I ran the same recovery for almost a whole year.

@ilikechicken, the Inferior human organs rom should be renamed "backside" because it is also a sub rom of the IHO project. Blarf should get credit for the entire group of roms instead of Jerry's rom

Reactions: inceyet

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

People also don't flash recoveries as much as roms. I ran the same recovery for almost a whole year.

@ilikechicken, the Inferior human organs rom should be renamed "backside" because it is also a sub rom of the IHO project. Blarf should get credit for the entire group of roms instead of Jerry's rom
Either that or remove jerry's name as the author.

I think IHO should have it's own sub title under Gingerbread, with all the names/etc with all the links to either forum or download link

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site

Ok. If the "not recommended" thing is a big deal. I'll remove it with no problem.

Also I don't use tdm's rom xD I've been (constantly) using Mirage. Which is my favorite rom . I was just excited that tdm has almost everything working. But if the Smileys are an issue then I'll remove them.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
For me its all about the proper credit that's it and I think that's where some seem to forget. I'm not just singling you out and this isn't just for you this is for everyone. RESPECT everyones work and give the proper credit and in some cases its just a matter of asking the dev if you (again not just to you ilikechicken123) can post their work. In all ilikechicken123 love the tread great idea. :thumbup::D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site

This is why I said if something needs to be changed, just comment it. So far I changed Inferior Human Organs to BACKside Inferior human organs, Removed smileys from Quattrimus. Removed 'not recommended for every day use,' fixed the Thread description (long thing on top) so it makes more sense and removed Jerry as an author. I'm not adding another category (an IHO category) because it'll be more confusing and I made the category based on the android versions. If I made an IHO category, I might as well should have made a CM7 category, a CM9, AOSP, and AOKP.

I'm pondering the recovery. It can be useful but it might confuse people as well, if they're new to this.

Reactions: Encerspay45

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site

I got it all down xD haha. I think the guy that said that got confused because i didn't put BACKside on there. I just put IHO, but it's all fixed as of now. I already see some of the buried ROMs being bumped up.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I got it all down xD haha. I think the guy that said that got confused because i didn't put BACKside on there. I just put IHO, but it's all fixed as of now. I already see some of the buried ROMs being bumped up.

If could be that Backside is located in the IHO thread, which may ad to the confusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke