The Wonderful ROMs of Our Amazing Optimus V! 9/18/12

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I just wanna know which one would run the la besto

CM7dOV

Well currently any of the cm7 roms are excellent choices. Many like mirage rom I prefer om-Mandylion myself but lately been spending more time on cyanmobile.... There's a lot to see and try.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
OM-Mandylion was updated two days ago and I well be releasing an updater to CWM-Blue-Recovery and the first IHOUpdater app (which is based off the BacksideUpdater source code) tomorrow in the CWM-Blue-Recovery Tread.

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
OK, which ROM is the best? It depends on what are you looking for.
I look for functionality, the more the merrier/stability/wifi hotspot/esthetic (themes?)/recent update or activities

I have tried the following, each one of the them is enough to shame the stock ROM from Optimus in miles. In general, they ALL are fairly stable, no random crash or FC, runs pretty slick and peppy, battery last at least a day on fair use, WIFI stays on without dropping, GooglePlay works, boot relatively fast. I jotted these down from memory lane :) . Again, they ALL are so good, that, in practical there is no reason to flash the other, except I am looking for wifi hotspot because of the Nexus7.

Backside IHO w the greenmachine theme: JerryScript, CM7.1, initial 7/20/2011, latest 05022012; very slick/stable/fast, everything works, including WIFIhotspot;

SIII for Optimus V: ilikechicken123, his 1st port, CM7.2, initial 09062012, latest 091912; stable/fast/esthetic to the eyes, this is the newest among the four, everything except wifihotspot works and works very fast.

Ginger Snapp, finale, ThatGuyLurkin, our 14 year old young blood, CM7.2, initial 07/16/2012, latest ver 2.2; everything works including wifihotspot; Fast, pretty, slick, there is no reason to leave Ginger Snapp other than being curious about ICS.

Paranoid Android, ThatGuyLurkin, CM9 and ICS port, initial 06262012, latest 08152012, probably the most stable ICS port so far, admittedly I have only tried one, everything works except wifihotspot, fast/pretty and surprisingly stable, zero clash or FC except when attempted to do wifihotspot.

Again, I repeat, any one of them is enough to serve your needs, I tried them mainly because of curiosity AND looking for wifihotspot. I am confident you will like any one of the above. I pick these ROMs by random. I am sure the other listed under OP is equally fantastic.

Hope this helps,

bun

Last edited:

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay guys here's how I'll be doing my updates for my Ports and this thread. They USUALLY will be updated on the weekends (including Fridays) . Meaning if I need to update something and you're super anxious about something, look for It during the weekends because that's MOST LIKELY, when I'll update stuff and things (I said most likely, not always. There are some days when I'm super excited about a port and I just have to update early and share with you guys.)

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Bump. Sorry if I'm being a pain, but a lot has happened since this was last updated, and we could really use a post like this. I think it's more likely to get stickied if it receives regular updates.

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm back you guys! Sorry for being out so long! Been a little busy. Essays, parties, homework, children, family issues, self issues. It's a lot. But I'm back. I haven't left you guys. Give me a few hours and updates will start rolling ;)
-Sidenote: Just got a used LG Optimus M for $10 . Expect ROMs and Ports on the OM forums on adroidforums.com

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm back you guys! Sorry for being out so long! Been a little busy. Essays, parties, homework, children, family issues, self issues. It's a lot. But I'm back. I haven't left you guys. Give me a few hours and updates will start rolling ;)
-Sidenote: Just got a used LG Optimus M for $10 . Expect ROMs and Ports on the OM forums on adroidforums.com

We have an OM section here too.... :)