I flashed the IHO Backside rom a couple days ago and it works almost perfectly with only the ocassional lag (no overclocking performed.) But today i noticed that my wifi dosn't work properly, it says its connnected everywhere i look but when i try to use it, say in the play store it says no connection. When i open up google in dolphin it loads the page most of the way and then stops loading. It worked the day i flashed it. Any ideas? It's not like i need wifi because i have unlimited data but where i live my service isn't that great. But with the 3g/4g speed optimizer my data speeds have increased 10 fold. Still would be nice to have wifi. Thanks.
    06-26-2012 09:39 AM
    Maybe you should reflash?
    Do you know for sure that your router is working and there's no problems with it? I've never had this issue with backside.
    06-26-2012 11:09 AM
    is there anyway to reflash without having to go through restoring all my apps from ti-backup? and i'm not sure if it is. I will reboot the router when my dad gets off work.
    06-26-2012 11:26 AM
    is there anyway to reflash without having to go through restoring all my apps from ti-backup? and i'm not sure if it is. I will reboot the router when my dad gets off work.
    You can just reflash right over top

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-26-2012 11:33 AM
    How does that work? sorry, i'm kinda a noob to flashing. This is my first flash besides the cwm recovery.
    06-26-2012 11:35 AM
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one. Been using IHO for a few months and out of nowhere the wifi just decided to quit this weekend - it would sit there saying "Connecting..." then "Disconnected" and wouldn't show any available networks. Tried rebooting, purging the wifi cache, deleting all the remembered networks... nothing. Rather than re-flash the same ROM, I discovered that the devs here have pretty much everything from ICS working on these phones now, so I upgraded to quattrimus and have been very pleased so far.
    06-26-2012 02:26 PM
    Are there any features that you have found don't work so far? I really enjoy this rom but the wifi thing is making me mad.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-26-2012 02:30 PM
    And where can I download the rom?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-26-2012 02:39 PM
    The display drivers in ICS aren't as good as the ones in 2.x ROMs, so if you play a lot of graphic-heavy games or use Netflix on your phone, you're better off sticking with IHO. Aside from that, there are minor headaches such as needing a free third-party app to play video files and having to remove the pre-installed Voice Search and replace it with the one from the market, but if you ask me, it's a small price to pay to have the latest and greatest running on our dated little phones.
    06-26-2012 02:40 PM
    And where can I download the rom?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...rimus-ics.html

Since it's a whole different generation of ROM, after performing the standard backup steps (Titanium Backup for apps and a full nandroid in recovery), wipe your cache and dalvik-cache, then format your boot, cache, data, and system partitions for a clean slate.
    06-26-2012 02:45 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...rimus-ics.html

Since it's a whole different generation of ROM, after performing the standard backup steps (Titanium Backup for apps and a full nandroid in recovery), wipe your cache and dalvik-cache, then format your boot, cache, data, and system partitions for a clean slate.
    what are the differente mirriors for? is there any difference from x to x?
    06-26-2012 02:54 PM
    No, just multiple servers to download from in case one is down. Just make sure you choose the right device, i.e. for Optimus V use a mirror listed under "CM9 VM670." Don't download anything listed under AOKP as it is currently broken.
    06-26-2012 02:58 PM
    I know, what is AOKP?
    06-26-2012 03:51 PM
    I know, what is AOKP?
    AOKP = Android Open Kang Project
    06-26-2012 05:45 PM
    just a suggestion, and if you dont want to listen you dont have to, but ICS is in pre-beta. seeing as youve only used one rom, i wouldnt recommend using it until you get more experience
    06-26-2012 06:52 PM
    I know, i didn't plan on it anyway. i'm waiting for it to go to beta or nightly before i will use it.
    06-27-2012 08:17 AM
    I tried flashing over it to see if it would fix the wifi problem but it still dosn't work. It might just be the wifi network isn't supported by my phone. I will check with another wifi network.
    06-27-2012 08:18 AM
    could be the modules... flash bobzv4 or mrg666s kernel... :-)
    06-27-2012 08:29 AM
    I figured out its just my router, needed rebooted.
    06-29-2012 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD