[ROM-CM9]Paranoid Android Tablet UI~August 15th,2012 MIC FIXED

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Alright, seriously guys, please stop bumping threads unnecessarily. When there is an update, the OP will know where to go to post it.

Especially when there was a bump three hours before it. Bumps every once in a while are good, it let's the dev know that people are interested. I about quit working on cna because I would post an update, it would get three posts, then get buried. When that happens, it makes me think no one is interested, so why waste my time working on it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ICS-CM9]~~~~Paranoid Android TABLET UI~~~~June 27

Moderators are generally assigned specific areas of the forum, so I am here in the Optimus sections all the time.

Sellers, everyone talks about how you should make ROMs that you would like to use, and if they end up benefiting the community, then so be it. I sort-of agree with this. I feel like ROMs should be developed for the good of the community as well as yourself, in terms of learning exercises, and because it interests you as a general hobby. Also, just because you only got a few posts and your thread was "buried", that doesn't mean there are more people using it and just not posting.

Seems like more of a problem with the way ROMs are distributed and advertised throughout these forums, but that isn't an issue that can be corrected overnight, and has been attempted before. If you have any ideas, feel free to hit me up on Google Talk. Same goes for anyone else. I'm an open door for suggestions, and am here for you all.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Moderators are generally assigned specific areas of the forum, so I am here in the Optimus sections all the time.

Sellers, everyone talks about how you should make ROMs that you would like to use, and if they end up benefiting the community, then so be it. I sort-of agree with this. I feel like ROMs should be developed for the good of the community as well as yourself, in terms of learning exercises, and because it interests you as a general hobby. Also, just because you only got a few posts and your thread was "buried", that doesn't mean there are more people using it and just not posting.

Seems like more of a problem with the way ROMs are distributed and advertised throughout these forums, but that isn't an issue that can be corrected overnight, and has been attempted before. If you have any ideas, feel free to hit me up on Google Talk. Same goes for anyone else. I'm an open door for suggestions, and am here for you all.

What I meant by my post was that it was frustrating me and stressing me out and I didn't feel like putting myself through that anymore (hence the post on my thread asking if anyone is interested). Yes it is a hobby, but I'm not going to stress myself just for me. I agree with that statement too. Sorry for any confusion.

But let's get this thread back on topic guys.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: beastieboii

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ICS-CM9]~~~~Paranoid Android TABLET UI~~~~June 27

Update coming today! I was talking to Cole and he had me in the mood to do some testing. Here's what I fixed,

* Paranoid Settings

* DPI issues

Here's what broke again

*MMS - I Didn't fix it yet. I'm using a test build, so this will be working.

*Keyboard - Maybe I'll include a second keyboard, such as the HTC keyboard......?

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM-CM9]Paranoid Android Tablet UI~ UPDATE COMING

@thatguy--- im just happy to see that this is still alive... thanks for giving it another go!... :)

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

I didn't decompile the Framework.jar to fix MMS because at first I wasn't sure it was gonna boot. Didn't want to do all that work for nothing. Lol.

There is a REALLY important step to get the keyboard going though.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't decompile the Framework.jar to fix MMS because at first I wasn't sure it was gonna boot. Didn't want to do all that work for nothing. Lol.

There is a REALLY important step to get the keyboard going though.

All you need is the apns-confs.XML from /system/etc from quattrimus. That's all that was done to fix mms in Zackman's cm10 port.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

New Build is out!

Download: Paranoid Android 8-15-12 TGL.zip

Changelog:

- Synced with Beta2 Quattriumus

- Paranoid Settings fixed

- MMS still working, hopefully. My bill JUST JUST died.

- Mic is fixed!!!! You can now do phone calls :)

- Minor stuff

- Added Swift Key, made for Paranoid.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!

1. Wipe EVERYTHING

2. Flash Rom

3. Flash any tweaks, if you want

4. Boot up the Rom

5 Once the Rom is booted, Paranoid Settings, And DISABLE Hybrid Mode.

6. Reboot the phone!

7. Go back into Paranoid settings and Enable Hybrid setting

8. Go to List view apps( I believe it was called that)

9. Go to all, And change the DPI of Android Keyboard, And Swift Key beta to 160 by going to Custom DPI

10. Reboot, and Enjoy! :D

I will be posting pictures of how to do this in a few.

First go here.
4c62d649-331e-fb11.jpg

Edit the DPI stuff to look like this
4c62d649-3326-82b4.jpg

Reboot and you should have this
4c62d649-332e-f846.jpg

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I really hope to see "paranoid bean" on the V in the next couple months(3-6). :D
I feel awkward on anything but jellybean for some reason lol.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

Reactions: Encerspay45

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie