[ROM-CM9]Paranoid Android Tablet UI~August 15th,2012 MIC FIXED

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ICS-CM9]~~~~Paranoid Android TABLET UI~~~~June 27

id like to have a copy of #2 to play with... if everything works except data, we get that fixed and im sure a lot of folks would be running it as a daily... :)

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Pm me, ill try to help.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
Thanks Sellers. :D

I'll PM you when I get my phone set up. I would do it now, but am VERY busy.
id like to have a copy of #2 to play with... if everything works except data, we get that fixed and im sure a lot of folks would be running it as a daily... :)
It's more like, the only way to get the taskbar is to use the Build.prop from the other device, but that breaks Data, and identification of the phone due the the naming. I compared the 2 Build.prop's, and there's alot I don't understand about it. It doesn't make sense. Hopefully Sellers will know something. :)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Sellers. :D

I'll PM you when I get my phone set up. I would do it now, but am VERY busy.

It's more like, the only way to get the taskbar is to use the Build.prop from the other device, but that breaks Data, and identification of the phone due the the naming. I compared the 2 Build.prop's, and there's alot I don't understand about it. It doesn't make sense. Hopefully Sellers will know something. :)

You are very welcome. Hopefully we can get this working

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Oh man, I don't know where you got your info from, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to help. I can look at the build.prop and generally pick apart what the settings do, or at least what they are in relation to, as far as device settings, naming, data configuration, etc...but I am not a developer at all. If you want to PM me both the build.prop that fixes data and the one that fixes the taskbar, I can take a swing, but no promises at all. Sellers86 is a whiz kid from what I have seen though, so I'm sure someone out here can at least make a solid effort to get things going.

Reactions: sellers86

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh man, I don't know where you got your info from, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to help. If you want to PM me both the build.prop that fixes data and the one that fixes the taskbar, I can take a swing, but no promises at all. Sellers86 is a whiz kid from what I have seen though, so I'm sure someone out here can at least make a solid effort to get things going.

My guess with the data break as of now with no build.prop is the naming and possibly the placement of certain things. Quick question, what rom did you use as base.

EDIT: nevermind, found the credits :p

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

My guess with the data break as of now with no build.prop is the naming and possibly the placement of certain things. Quick question, what rom did you use as base.

EDIT: nevermind, found the credits :p

Truth. I know that having multiple entries in a build.prop can cause issues. The only thing that comes to mind as far as the taskbar is that the ROM runs in a different DPI than our phones by default, and it might be there, just not in the "right spot", so to speak. Happens with the Emergency Call button in all of our CM9 ROMs at the moment, try one with a DPI of 120 and the E-Call button shows up just fine on the pattern lock screens. I'd still love to take a crack at it. Too bad it can't be tonight, I'm wide awake and bored out of my skull. :p

Reactions: sellers86

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Truth. I know that having multiple entries in a build.prop can cause issues. The only thing that comes to mind as far as the taskbar is that the ROM runs in a different DPI than our phones by default, and it might be there, just not in the "right spot", so to speak. Happens with the Emergency Call button in all of our CM9 ROMs at the moment, try one with a DPI of 120 and the E-Call button shows up just fine on the pattern lock screens. I'd still love to take a crack at it. Too bad it can't be tonight, I'm wide awake and bored out of my skull. :p

Dude, its 2:30 in the morning and I'm going strong :p but what I mean is that the p500 stuff could break data because 1) GSM, enough said. 2) I think they have different boards. Similar but not the same. 3) something that I'm not thinking of. That happens a lot haha.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I know. Same size screen though, right? So, I assumed the taskbar stuff could have something to do with that. Won't have any idea until I can look at it though. It's only 1:45 here, lol. Trying to get a Linux distro to run on my dinosaur of a PC, but that's totally off topic. :)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I know. Same size screen though, right? So, I assumed the taskbar stuff could have something to do with that. Won't have any idea until I can look at it though. It's only 1:45 here, lol. Trying to get a Linux distro to run on my dinosaur of a PC, but that's totally off topic. :)

If you need help with the distro, let me know. Yeah same screen size. Idk I really need the props to compare to figure out.

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
If you need help with the distro, let me know. Yeah same screen size. Idk I really need the props to compare to figure out.

Lol I need help with a distro. TGL I hope you can make some progress with this rom. If I had any idea what I was doing of help in a heart beat

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Ill test sometime today. Although I just got really sick. Also upload the build.props and ill take a look at them too

I was just PMing you when someone knocked on the door. Left the phone on my bed, came back and the battery was out. :fail:

Good luck with the sickness bro :)

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Issues with Paranoid Settings:

Are you codes correct ?
Code:
--- a/services/java/com/android/server/wm/WindowManagerService.java
+++ b/services/java/com/android/server/wm/WindowManagerService.java
@@ -5962,7 +5962,7 @@ public class WindowManagerService extends IWindowManager.S
unrotDw = dw;
unrotDh = dh;
}
- int sw = reduceConfigWidthSize(unrotDw, Surface.ROTATION_0, density, un
+ int sw = reduceConfigWidthSize((int)(unrotDw / density), Surface.ROTATI
sw = reduceConfigWidthSize(sw, Surface.ROTATION_90, density, unrotDh, u
sw = reduceConfigWidthSize(sw, Surface.ROTATION_180, density, unrotDw, 
sw = reduceConfigWidthSize(sw, Surface.ROTATION_270, density, unrotDh,

Build.prop correct ?
Code:
ro.sf.lcd_density=192
qemu.hw.mainkeys=1
treshold_dpi = shortest-side-dp * 160  / 600
ro.sf.lcd_density=192
ro.cm.version=PARANOIDANDROID
ro.modversion=PARANOIDANDROID
ro.pa.version=PARANOIDANDROID-pa_maguro-1.5a-28JUN2012-180025

pad.prop configured right?
Code:
## DEFAULTS
%rom_tablet_base=192
%rom_phone_base=320
%rom_mid_base=260
%rom_mid_high_base=290
%rom_framework_dpi=250
%rom_systemui_dpi=220
%rom_launcher_dpi=290
%screen_default_width=360
%screen_default_height=567
%screen_default_layout=268435474
%screen_opposite_width=600
%screen_opposite_height=1018
%screen_opposite_layout=268435491

## CONFIGURATION
%hybrid_mode=1
%system_default_dpi=%rom_mid_base
%user_default_dpi=%rom_mid_base
%user_default_mode=1
android.dpi=%rom_framework_dpi
com.android.systemui.dpi=%rom_systemui_dpi

## PREFERENCES
com.android.phone.mode=1
com.android.inputmethod.dpi=%rom_phone_base
com.android.inputmethod.latin.mode=1
com.android.inputmethod.dpi=%rom_phone_base
com.android.camera.mode=2
com.android.camera.dpi=%rom_tablet_base
com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet.mode=1
com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet.dpi=%rom_launcher_dpi
com.anddoes.launcher.mode=1
com.anddoes.launcher.dpi=%rom_launcher_dpi
com.teslacoilsw.launcher.mode=1
com.teslacoilsw.launcher.dpi=%rom_launcher_dpi
com.android.chrome.mode=1
com.android.chrome.dpi=%rom_mid_high_base
com.android.calendar.mode=2
com.android.contacts.mode=2
com.android.email.mode=2
com.android.htmlviewer.mode=1
com.android.mms.mode=1
com.android.settings.mode=2
com.android.vending.mode=2
com.google.android.gm.mode=2
com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.mode=2
com.google.android.talk.mode=1
com.google.android.youtube.mode=2

If you need help let me know .

Reactions: ThatGuyLurkin

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
What the.... I scrolled through that, and remember seeing alot of that in the Build.prop's.

Ill PM you and Sellers when I get what I need. :)

Pad.prop should be configured already, yes.

Last edited:

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

pad.prop can be found in systems folder, and NO it is not already configured , this is why you are crashing when you go to the settings because the prefixes for it aren't correct. The pad.prop is the configuration file that lets your system (Optimus V) know what dpi values can be changed and what files are going to be manipulated to look as if it's on a tablet. This was my secret project I was working on before I left. I will be coming back thought when I finish some verification with my team. It's very simple to config the ROM right as long as you get the scripts and values written right. I like what you have become and I would like to see you complete this project. If you need any help feel free to GTalk me or send me a message and I will be glad to assist. All my post have to get verified now so if it takes alittle bit to get a response I apologize.

Reactions: ThatGuyLurkin

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
@Artist, I'm not good with ICS. To many external folders and inputs. Id love to have you help. :)

If I change the bbuild.prop, it works fine, but if I don't, it causes problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge