[ROM-CM9]Paranoid Android Tablet UI~August 15th,2012 MIC FIXED

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-CM9]Paranoid Android Tablet UI~August 15th,2012 MIC FIXE

the problems with reboots are kernel related, and seem to be baseband related as well. I dont have the problem on tdms kernel and Im on zv4, zv5 reports it less, and zv9, well, zv9 is unusable. lol

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

well fantastic it works much better, now no wifi though, wont turn on, and shows no mac address either. do you have this issue?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

well fantastic it works much better, now no wifi though, wont turn on, and shows no mac address either. do you have this issue?

did you switch to bobzhomes boot.img? if so, you will also need to replace the wifi modules.

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

okay sounds good... is that something copy pastable from one zip to another?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

take the four files from system/lib/modules and put them in paranoid. that *should* fix it

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

it did fix it, i was able to see wifi networks, so i disabled hybrid mode so i could reboot. it did the superuser request then i rebooted, as soon as it rebooted i saw the status bar say preparing sd card, then it hit the lg logo and rebooted itself again. but now i got everything working so it may have been a random fluke. tonight i think ill downgrade to the zv4 baseband and see if i have better performance.

as a side note now the mobile network is broke... lol
it shows 3g but wont load a page.. wifi is fine. but mobile networks worked before changing the modules, but wifi didnt..

edit: and the hard button lights are stuck on...

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

it did fix it, i was able to see wifi networks, so i disabled hybrid mode so i could reboot. it did the superuser request then i rebooted, as soon as it rebooted i saw the status bar say preparing sd card, then it hit the lg logo and rebooted itself again. but now i got everything working so it may have been a random fluke. tonight i think ill downgrade to the zv4 baseband and see if i have better performance.

as a side note now the mobile network is broke... lol
it shows 3g but wont load a page.. wifi is fine. but mobile networks worked before changing the modules, but wifi didnt..

dont downgrade to zv4, youll have a completely black screen. the drivers for the new screens arent present in the zv4 baseband kernel

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

warning understood. i dont want a brick. i got mobile network to pull up two pages on 1x. then when i went to edit light levels the phone froze. i guess i gotta wait till yall put together a version that works. i just prefer this rom over all others for its tablet view ability in gmail and settings and the browser.

ItsMoo

May 4, 2011
Visit site
So MMS was working for about 1 day, now I cant send or download any pics...any ideas? :thumbup:

Sent from my Paranoid Optimus V

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Its ICS, MMS is fixed. If It helps, I always had problems with MMS in ICS. They'd always take forever.

I'll try a new build when I get home.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: nerdmastax

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Its ICS, MMS is fixed. If It helps, I always had problems with MMS in ICS. They'd always take forever.

I'll try a new build when I get home.

I dont think its just ICS. i mean 3 people have reported it. its definitely not sending /: but do what you can c: good luck. Take your time.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
i would love that, would you be using bobs new kernel?

Yes :)

CAI got an update and the kernel is boss as well.

I dont think its just ICS. i mean 3 people have reported it. its definitely not sending /: but do what you can c: good luck. Take your time.

Ill try my best. :thumbup:

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

that is totally boss, im off tomorrow so im gonna play around all day with roms. mabye i can even get my machine to build a rom (last time got error 41). if i can figure out building enough to get a working rom ill be happy. i have two optimus v's (one old screen and one new glass screen) and a house full of computers and loads of time to kill. Its my moral duty to learn to build... lol

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Thinking of updating to paranoid android 2.+ ? CM10 maybe?

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

lol i think we need it working on cm9 before worrying about 10.

as a side note how is paranoid android made? can you take any ics rom and paranoid it? cellphone ui's drive me nuts, and paranoid is the best thing since sliced bread... (i would actually prefer full tablet ui.)