[ROM][ALPHA][WIP][ICS]: CodenameAndroid

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
After reading this feature list, I'm a bit confused as to hhow this is any different than aokp. Can anybody shed some light for me? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Or it may not be smooth because you're testing like 3 roms a day, johnny. You have to give your phone a break and let it settle in sometimes...

Not trying to be mean but I don't see how you can accurately test if you constantly jump from rom to rom.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Or it may not be smooth because you're testing like 3 roms a day, johnny. You have to give your phone a break and let it settle in sometimes...

Not trying to be mean but I don't see how you can accurately test if you constantly jump from rom to rom.

U have a point.......... OK will do

Rocking quattrimus and cna

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
One question sellers posted a ls670 build a little while ago I used that maybe it was slow cuz of kernel for different phone ? Just checking

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
One question sellers posted a ls670 build a little while ago I used that maybe it was slow cuz of kernel for different phone ? Just checking

That's part if what I meant by made for a different phone.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
no go. Still no wifi. I dug my laptop out and grabbed the wireless.ko from bobs rom and made a change to the build.prop. ill test sometime. I'm lazy :p

Reactions: topdawg661

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's wat I did on s . After install sit for 20mins :p
Changed carrier name on lock screen
Installed CAI kernel
Clocked to 768 Max smartassv2
Smoother than before but not the smoothest rom I have had but let's see if my phone likes it and decides to make it smoother :p:p:p
Also installed apex

Last edited:
Reactions: sellers86

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
made some progress on wifi... but not enough. i got it to turn on, but it doesnt pick any up. It was the build.prop edit that allowed it to turn on. I tried adding the wireless.ko from bobs build that i took the boot.img from and i get nothing. I honestly have no idea what to do at this point... ill check out the permissions.

Reactions: Badboytoast

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
made some progress on wifi... but not enough. i got it to turn on, but it doesnt pick any up. It was the build.prop edit that allowed it to turn on. I tried adding the wireless.ko from bobs build that i took the boot.img from and i get nothing. I honestly have no idea what to do at this point... ill check out the permissions.

Kool when wi fi works ill be on in a jiffy

I'm Rockin G.T.R On My Optimus $

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
got a link to your github/sources? ive been working with the v's wifi settings lately trying to get tethering to work. i might have a quick fix for the rom. what vendor files are you using and what kernel?

I haven't done any git, the vendor files are bobzhomes ics and the device files are modified bobzhome ics. Its not the kernel, I've tried different kernels. I've switch the wireless.ko in system/lib/modules with the one from the rom I pulled the boot.img from. The reason it wouldn't turn on is because the build.prop had it set to eth0 instead of wlan0. Now it will turn on, it just wont pick anything up.

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I wish I was a dev to help. The only thing I can offer is me being a test subject haha you ever need one for any rom just pm!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sellers86