07-19-2012 07:37 PM
174 1234 ...
tools
    06-28-2012 02:04 AM
    I say save $200 and buy the nexus 7 that's what I'm doing when it comes out mid July. You guys should look at those specs
    1.2 quad core tegra 3 cpu and 12 core gpu

Sent from my LG-VM696
    06-28-2012 02:06 AM
    I expected Jellybean to be bigger than it was. I expected 5.0, not 4.1. People are making a big deal out of building it when it's not going to be. Nothing too big will be changed, and you can see that from the screenshots. It will be put in CMs code the day it comes out, and will be on our device not long after that.

BUT, that doesn't mean that Google isn't going crazy this year with I/O. Last year, it was ICS + GNex + Google Music. This year, they've released a tablet. Which btw, I WILL get. No matter the cost. $200 for a Tegra 3, 7 inch, Google released (Always getting the latest updates), JellyBean tablet? HELL YES.
    Also, Nexus Q looks like a very revolutionary thing. It's like a magic ball, with what I'm guessing Google NFC, where you can transfer stuff between all Google devices. In my opinion, it was a matter of time. They needed a better way to get stuff between better than just "Chrome to Phone".

Anybody know what's up with that "Google Glass" thing? I don't know what it's significance is or what it does, yet it's $1500 for a preorder.
    06-28-2012 02:07 AM
    Anybody know what's up with that "Google Glass" thing? I don't know what it's significance is or what it does, yet it's $1500 for a preorder.
    I have seen ads about it on YouTube it looks pretty sick to me

Sent from my LG-VM696
    06-28-2012 02:10 AM
    Getting the nexus 7 is way easier then waiting JB to get to the OV

Sent from my LG-VM696
    06-28-2012 02:10 AM
    Well Team Liquid Vicious has a ROM already

Jelly Bean 100% Functional Deodex Data Etc Build - VZW

**This is for VZW not Virgin Mobile. However I'm sure one of you smart guys can figure it out to run on VM in the future, maybe **
    06-28-2012 02:28 AM
    Well Team Liquid Vicious has a ROM already

Jelly Bean 100% Functional Deodex Data Etc Build - VZW

**This is for VZW not Virgin Mobile. However I'm sure one of you smart guys can figure it out to run on VM in the future, maybe **
    I'm sure all they did was get the JB update, pull a system dump, and strip it down. Shouldn't be too hard, all honesty.
    06-28-2012 02:59 AM
    Well. Its not really a hype over devs guys. Like Gannon said. Google is always first to update their devices. Jellybean, big whoop. We have ICS, that's near 90% Perfect. No need to rush the devs for work were not doing.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    cole2kb, bkttk2, EnMod and 1 others like this.
    06-28-2012 03:57 AM
    I'm testing a jellybean rom very soon but it just boots most likely I will post screenshots when its availible for testing

I don't care who u are this is an awesome song
    06-28-2012 07:37 AM
    I'm testing a jellybean rom very soon but it just boots most likely I will post screenshots when its availible for testing

On what device?

Sent from my LG-VM696
    06-28-2012 10:36 AM
    I'm slowly porting it right now. But it will be buggy. I'm just using it to see if it will just work. ICS was hard to get working, but since this is more of a an upgrade rather than a whole new system it might be easier. And everyone is right. Its an SDK its not going to be very good and from the way it looks its not going to be stable enough for daily use until the source code is released.
    Its going to be on the V and S.
    illinoissparks18 likes this.
    06-28-2012 10:41 AM
    Well here is the problem I see: Project Butter
    Why might it be a problem? The 60FPS part. If we can get it back down to 30, we should be good. Now I'm not a dev or anything, but I know you need good hardware to run higher FPS and vsync and triple buffering aren't going to help. The V doesn't have top notch hardware and probably won't have the ability to run smooth 60FPS. We would have to knock Project Butter down to 30FPS, vsync, and then either double or triple buffering. That should also help with battery life because the chips won't need to churn out as many frames.
    That's just my thoughts, but I am not a dev so correct me if I'm wrong
    PS: A stripped down ROM based on JB would be awesome!
    06-28-2012 10:54 AM
    I'm slowly porting it right now. But it will be buggy. I'm just using it to see if it will just work. ICS was hard to get working, but since this is more of a an upgrade rather than a whole new system it might be easier. And everyone is right. Its an SDK its not going to be very good and from the way it looks its not going to be stable enough for daily use until the source code is released.
    Its going to be on the V and S.
    ^^^^^ Boss

06-28-2012 10:54 AM
    Well here is the problem I see: Project Butter
    Why might it be a problem? The 60FPS part. If we can get it back down to 30, we should be good. Now I'm not a dev or anything, but I know you need good hardware to run higher FPS and vsync and triple buffering aren't going to help. The V doesn't have top notch hardware and probably won't have the ability to run smooth 60FPS. We would have to knock Project Butter down to 30FPS, vsync, and then either double or triple buffering. That should also help with battery life because the chips won't need to churn out as many frames.
    That's just my thoughts, but I am not a dev so correct me if I'm wrong
    PS: A stripped down ROM based on JB would be awesome!
    I'm figuring that out. I'm going to see if it works without dumbing down project butter. But, I could probably dumb it down to 30 if need be.
    06-28-2012 11:00 AM
    Do any of you think the HTC One V would get a jellybean update?
    06-28-2012 11:00 AM
    Full jellybean isn't even out. What was released last night was just a dev preview. Don't be jumping the gun when cm9 is still in alpha
    06-28-2012 11:21 AM
    probably not officially but one of the amazing devs around here (on AC or xda or AT) might make a rom for it. virgin wouldn't push an update. They would rather you buy a new phone than them doing an official. Plus HTC probably wouldn't do it either because the one v is their "budget" device. So probably not officially but maybe through the custom Rom route.

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
    (Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)
    06-28-2012 11:27 AM
    Full jellybean isn't even out. What was released last night was just a dev preview. Don't be jumping the gun when cm9 is still in alpha
    100% complete agreeage Anthony lol.

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
    (Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)
    06-28-2012 11:28 AM
    It is a demo release but it is the full version bugs and all. There will be no additional features only fixes. Wonder what you think is missing? Oh and CM9 is on RC1 far from alpha.
    06-28-2012 11:32 AM
    CM9 just went RC. So not alpha. And the dev release has already had its feature freeze. Is just bug fixes from now on.
    However, I would suggest to people to stay on ICS. People can test when im done with porting (I'm at work so it'll be a little longer) but being an alpha port of an Alpha firmware. It will he incredibly unstable. I'm doing this so I can get those kinks out of the way. By mid july I want to have a near stable version of JB and I'll get CM9 onto it as well. I'm just preparing in advance.
    06-28-2012 11:57 AM
    On Virgin Mobile OTA, ill give it a 70% no

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Ryuk6666 likes this.
    06-28-2012 01:26 PM
    Then I think I'm going the galaxy nexus direction. I hear that the One V is amazing but everything Google gets the updates first. But I'm about $100 short....
    06-28-2012 01:31 PM
    It is a demo release but it is the full version bugs and all. There will be no additional features only fixes. Wonder what you think is missing? Oh and CM9 is on RC1 far from alpha.

CM9 just went RC. So not alpha. And the dev release has already had its feature freeze. Is just bug fixes from now on.
    However, I would suggest to people to stay on ICS. People can test when im done with porting (I'm at work so it'll be a little longer) but being an alpha port of an Alpha firmware. It will he incredibly unstable. I'm doing this so I can get those kinks out of the way. By mid july I want to have a near stable version of JB and I'll get CM9 onto it as well. I'm just preparing in advance.

I realize cm9 is not in alpha. What I meant is that all of OUR cm9 roms are in alpha. You misunderstood. My point is that there is no need to go porting jelly bean and there should be no rush because it will cause development for ICS to sloe if all the devs jumped to JB and that would leave us with two half functioning OS versions.

Be patient young padawans, dessert will soon arrive.

@BassOuji, its probably a better idea to get the source code when it comes out and build from that instead of porting a rom from the gnex (which is what it seems you're doing??)
    06-28-2012 02:33 PM
    I realize cm9 is not in alpha. What I meant is that all of OUR cm9 roms are in alpha. You misunderstood. My point is that there is no need to go porting jelly bean and there should be no rush because it will cause development for ICS to sloe if all the devs jumped to JB and that would leave us with two half functioning OS versions.

Be patient young padawans, dessert will soon arrive.

@BassOuji, its probably a better idea to get the source code when it comes out and build from that instead of porting a rom from the gnex (which is what it seems you're doing??)
    There are both ICS really. Jellybean is really just a refinement of ICS so everything will port over very fast. Plus all the AOSP are finished ROMs just because CM9 dragged their feet IMO is not reason to slow the the update process. Jellybean is on time and another will be rolling out at about the same rate 6 months the planned Google time frame.
    06-28-2012 03:02 PM
    I just read that Jellybean source is promised in July.
    06-28-2012 11:42 PM
174 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD