Jellybean thoughts

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Full jellybean isn't even out. What was released last night was just a dev preview. Don't be jumping the gun when cm9 is still in alpha

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Do any of you think the HTC One V would get a jellybean update?

probably not officially but one of the amazing devs around here (on AC or xda or AT) might make a rom for it. :D virgin wouldn't push an update. They would rather you buy a new phone than them doing an official. Plus HTC probably wouldn't do it either because the one v is their "budget" device. So probably not officially but maybe through the custom Rom route.

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
(Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Full jellybean isn't even out. What was released last night was just a dev preview. Don't be jumping the gun when cm9 is still in alpha

100% complete agreeage Anthony lol. :D

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
(Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

It is a demo release but it is the full version bugs and all. There will be no additional features only fixes. Wonder what you think is missing? Oh and CM9 is on RC1 far from alpha.

BassOuji

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

CM9 just went RC. So not alpha. And the dev release has already had its feature freeze. Is just bug fixes from now on.
However, I would suggest to people to stay on ICS. People can test when im done with porting (I'm at work so it'll be a little longer) but being an alpha port of an Alpha firmware. It will he incredibly unstable. I'm doing this so I can get those kinks out of the way. By mid july I want to have a near stable version of JB and I'll get CM9 onto it as well. I'm just preparing in advance. ;)

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Then I think I'm going the galaxy nexus direction. I hear that the One V is amazing but everything Google gets the updates first. But I'm about $100 short....

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It is a demo release but it is the full version bugs and all. There will be no additional features only fixes. Wonder what you think is missing? Oh and CM9 is on RC1 far from alpha.

CM9 just went RC. So not alpha. And the dev release has already had its feature freeze. Is just bug fixes from now on.
However, I would suggest to people to stay on ICS. People can test when im done with porting (I'm at work so it'll be a little longer) but being an alpha port of an Alpha firmware. It will he incredibly unstable. I'm doing this so I can get those kinks out of the way. By mid july I want to have a near stable version of JB and I'll get CM9 onto it as well. I'm just preparing in advance. ;)

I realize cm9 is not in alpha. What I meant is that all of OUR cm9 roms are in alpha. You misunderstood. My point is that there is no need to go porting jelly bean and there should be no rush because it will cause development for ICS to sloe if all the devs jumped to JB and that would leave us with two half functioning OS versions.

Be patient young padawans, dessert will soon arrive.

@BassOuji, its probably a better idea to get the source code when it comes out and build from that instead of porting a rom from the gnex (which is what it seems you're doing??)

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I realize cm9 is not in alpha. What I meant is that all of OUR cm9 roms are in alpha. You misunderstood. My point is that there is no need to go porting jelly bean and there should be no rush because it will cause development for ICS to sloe if all the devs jumped to JB and that would leave us with two half functioning OS versions.

Be patient young padawans, dessert will soon arrive.

@BassOuji, its probably a better idea to get the source code when it comes out and build from that instead of porting a rom from the gnex (which is what it seems you're doing??)

There are both ICS really. Jellybean is really just a refinement of ICS so everything will port over very fast. Plus all the AOSP are finished ROMs just because CM9 dragged their feet IMO is not reason to slow the the update process. Jellybean is on time and another will be rolling out at about the same rate 6 months the planned Google time frame.

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
There are both ICS really. Jellybean is really just a refinement of ICS so everything will port over very fast.
I think you may be underestimating the challenges to porting that can be created by updating the kernel, toolchain, and making some refinements to the base system and user interface. How long has ICS been out, and we still don't have a rock-stable, fully-featured ICS rom for our OVs? I hope you're right, but we should perhaps be careful not to get too demanding of our shrinking pool of devs*, much less our little old phones with their slow, single processors and small screens.

* Our phones are [being] discontinued, and people with the means to do so are slowly migrating to new phones as their current phones age or even stop working.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I think you may be underestimating the challenges to porting that can be created by updating the kernel, toolchain, and making some refinements to the base system and user interface. How long has ICS been out, and we still don't have a rock-stable, fully-featured ICS rom for our OVs? I hope you're right, but we should perhaps be careful not to get too demanding of our shrinking pool of devs*, much less our little old phones with their slow, single processors and small screens.

* Our phones are [being] discontinued, and people with the means to do so are slowly migrating to new phones as their current phones age or even stop working.

It doesn't matter how long it takes for ICS, the same thing happened with CM7. -.-

Took along time for it to be perfect. So its NOT all about ICS.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter how long it takes for ICS, the same thing happened with CM7. -.-

Took along time for it to be perfect. So its NOT all about ICS.

Even Cm7 still isn't perfect. Theres the headphone issue with calls and the lock ups from the rotation animation.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Its bothers me cuz people act like its cm9 or cm7 and comparing it. It bothers me for some reason

I don't care who u are :p this is an awesome song :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxytyRy-O1k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

THIS bothers you? I'm sorry, but is new OS's all you care about? All your post seem to be comparing one thing to another or asking for something to be fixed.

You don't understand that CM9 isn't perfect yet, and like Anthony said, CM7 still isn't perfect. You should be happy that we even have this stuff. Show respect to the devs.