Jellybean thoughts

K

kobequintana

I was wondering if a Jellybean Rom could be made for an OV

Sent from my LG-VM670

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see this as a reality. But could such an old phone handle JellyBean? It currently can handle ICS CM9 which wasn't thought possible...so I say go for it!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

K

kobequintana

I would love to see this as a reality. But could such an old phone handle JellyBean? It currently can handle ICS CM9 which wasn't thought possible...so I say go for it!

Thnx for the support

Sent from my LG-VM670

K

kobequintana

Jellybean should be on the OV it will be a major event for the OV.

~Vortex Corporation~ [LG OV]

K

kobequintana

Major event!? It'll be like any other rom. ~.~

Sense on the V, now that should've been a big event.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

But its jellybean the newest update. Lol.
Its like seeing a jellybean as big as an OV lolz

~Vortex Corporation~

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Why do you say it like that. I have a sneaky feeling that if a phone can run ics it can run jellybean. Like I've stated before, there are few huge changes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

K

kobequintana

Ics was a major event. This is a very small step up from ics

Isn't ICS and JB like to diff. things or is it just like a brother / sister thing

~Vortex Corporation~

K

kobequintana

While technically they are two different things, from what I saw and read, there are not that many changes from ics

Ok so they are different but not majorly different

~Vortex Corporation~

K

kobequintana

I think you may be underestimating the challenges to porting that can be created by updating the kernel, toolchain, and making some refinements to the base system and user interface. How long has ICS been out, and we still don't have a rock-stable, fully-featured ICS rom for our OVs? I hope you're right, but we should perhaps be careful not to get too demanding of our shrinking pool of devs*, much less our little old phones with their slow, single processors and small screens.

* Our phones are [being] discontinued, and people with the means to do so are slowly migrating to new phones as their current phones age or even stop working.

They should keep our phones up to date. Because OV's r as good as almost any other phone.
So I think every1 should start a potion to have VM and Google keep our phones up to date

~Vortex Corporation~

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae