07-19-2012 08:37 PM
174 123 ...
tools
    What do u think about jellybean do u think its portable????? I think it is. Talk about everything jellybean in this thread don't spam other threads

I don't care who u are this is an awesome song
    dzdzjb likes this.
    06-27-2012 11:17 PM
    from what i hear, it shouldnt be to hard to build. but from the sdk, it would be a lot of hard work and it wouldnt be worth it. it would be buggy as hell
    06-27-2012 11:22 PM
    from what i hear, it shouldnt be to hard to build. but from the sdk, it would be a lot of hard work and it wouldnt be worth it. it would be buggy as hell
    True until official source released its gonna be hard..... testing jellybean tommorow ( just booting really buggy and laggy needs things worked out)

sellers86, inceyet and StingDrop like this.
    06-27-2012 11:23 PM
    if they can build ics, they can build jellybean
    06-27-2012 11:23 PM
    if they can build ics, they can build jellybean
    They, meaning not us. IMO, there shouldnt be threads like this. Were lucky with ICS.

Sent from my Motorola Triumph using Tapatalk 2
    06-27-2012 11:26 PM
    They, meaning not us. IMO, there shouldnt be threads like this. Were lucky with ICS.

Oh well. Threads been made. And people have their own opinion.
    06-27-2012 11:28 PM

Just here so no one spams other threads

rebel69ization likes this.
    06-27-2012 11:28 PM

its actually a GREAT idea because tdms thread was getting spammed about it pretty hardcore
    dzdzjb likes this.
    06-27-2012 11:30 PM
    its actually a GREAT idea because tdms thread was getting spammed about it pretty hardcore
    ^i agree to that!
    06-27-2012 11:31 PM
    That's the reason I created no need for that in tdms thread

06-27-2012 11:33 PM
    No disreguard, i meant on Jelly Bean. We've been bumped by 2 OS's because of the devs. 2.3, and 4.0.

06-27-2012 11:35 PM
    No disreguard, i meant on Jelly Bean. We've been bumped by 2 OS's because of the devs. 2.3, and 4.0.

skys the limit bro. lol
    06-27-2012 11:35 PM
    Porting it isn't a question. It is a question of whether it can be built for our device. Honestly though, what's the point? On this phone? If you really want the latest and greatest just for kicks, go buy a Nexus and put it on Straight Talk or T-Mobile.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    ThatGuyLurkin likes this.
    06-27-2012 11:46 PM
    Good to see someone understands. Im sure it'll get working soon, but this thread is to early.

cole2kb likes this.
    06-27-2012 11:49 PM
    I think its too early also. They haven't even released the source code.
    06-27-2012 11:50 PM
    So is project butter a jelly beam only thing?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-27-2012 11:51 PM
    I think 4.1 is huge. Google is really stepping up their game. The new Google Search UI in addition to Google Now, Project Butter, and offline speech-to-text is crazy. Google Now tops Siri in a second. Why build 4.1 for our phones? Because many of us can't just go out and buy a new phone like that, it's just far too expensive. I'm really excited for Jellybean.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk 2
    06-27-2012 11:52 PM
    They added magazines to Google play! Its starting to out do iTunes. O.e (sorry for the off topic ness)
    06-27-2012 11:54 PM
    I can't just go out and buy a new phone either. I, as you can see, am tapping this out on my OV with a half broken touch screen, haha.

I just feel like it is asking too much. If I was a dev and knew the kind of upgrades I helped create to extend the life of this phone well beyond what it should be capable of, and started seeing posts about Jellybean on announcement day (or before, and there are some), this would be my face: O_O'

06-28-2012 12:02 AM
    I can't just go out and buy a new phone either. I, as you can see, am tapping this out on my OV with a half broken touch screen, haha.

I just feel like it is asking too much. If I was a dev and knew the kind of upgrades I helped create to extend the life of this phone well beyond what it should be capable of, and started seeing posts about Jellybean on announcement day (or before, and there are some), this would be my face: O_O'

I agree completely. I'm not expecting 4.1 from any devs. I tried just building ICS once. It was hell. That wasn't even fixing issues, just plain old building what others have already done. I'm simply stating how impressed I am with Google on this release.

On a side note, does anyone know how to get the new Google UI and voice recognition working on the android emulator? I really think those who are porting 4.1 from the emulator are wasting their time, as it will be close to unusable (Just like the Honeycomb port for the Nook Color) and without the new Google UI, Project Butter, or Offline Voice Recognition, it will really be no different then ICS. It will actually be far worse since it's an emulator port.

sellers86 likes this.
    06-28-2012 12:50 AM
    I agree completely. I'm not expecting 4.1 from any devs. I tried just building ICS once. It was hell. That wasn't even fixing issues, just plain old building what others have already done. I'm simply stating how impressed I am with Google on this release.

On a side note, does anyone know how to get the new Google UI and voice recognition working on the android emulator? I really think those who are porting 4.1 from the emulator are wasting their time, as it will be close to unusable (Just like the Honeycomb port for the Nook Color) and without the new Google UI, Project Butter, or Offline Voice Recognition, it will really be no different then ICS. It will actually be far worse since it's an emulator port.

ICS is pretty easy to build now.
    06-28-2012 12:57 AM
    FYI the Galaxy Nexus is alrdy getting ports of 4.1 JB

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...t-already.html
    06-28-2012 12:58 AM
    FYI the Galaxy Nexus is alrdy getting ports of 4.1 JB

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...t-already.html
    Been following the xda thread for three hours. There's screenies over there. Not much has changed... yet.
    06-28-2012 01:18 AM
    ICS is pretty easy to build now.
    Yeah I know, I'm just stupid when it comes to Linux.

But can anyone answer why Google Now and the other cool jellybean features shown off at I/O aren't present in the Emulator?

06-28-2012 01:21 AM
    Yeah I know, I'm just stupid when it comes to Linux.

But can anyone answer why Google Now and the other cool jellybean features shown off at I/O aren't present in the Emulator?

Anthony thinks its because google doesn't want to give everything away just yet, and that they only included what's need to build apps.
    06-28-2012 02:28 AM
174 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD