want to start optimus v clean. help?

rc1993

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
So my LG optimus v is laggy with too much third party adv.
Want it running smooth like it did before when I barely put cm7.(currently running)
Been a while since I've flashed my phones so links would be useful and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

rc1993

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I forgot some of the jargon. Custom recovery is the boot menu when you start up with the the three buttons(home+volume+power) then yes.

No not necessarily bone stock. I like my cm7. Just my phones too slow. Slow stock cm7. Like a clean phone running cm7. Or maybe another rom if anyone's recommends any good ones. Heard about cm9 but it still has some bugs so not ready for that one yet.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I forgot some of the jargon. Custom recovery is the boot menu when you start up with the the three buttons(home+volume+power) then yes.

No not necessarily bone stock. I like my cm7. Just my phones too slow. Slow stock cm7. Like a clean phone running cm7. Or maybe another rom if anyone's recommends any good ones. Heard about cm9 but it still has some bugs so not ready for that one yet.

Why haven't you wiped everything and reflash like you did the first time? Other than the loss of all current user data you should have the performance you did back then.

Last edited:

rc1993

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
....cuz I'm dumb...
Lol. Sorry but like I said I forgot alot of info on flashing and what not. Where could I wipe everything?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hold 3 buttons <HOME><VOL-> then <POWER> while booting up (release when you see the LG logo) should load your custom recovery. If you did not change the location/delete the original files you used to flash the first time they should still be there but make sure before you wipe anything. You can do that by using the "Flash zip from sdcard" to browse the file system. Most times they are in the root of your sdcard. There should be a ROM zip file and a GAPPS zip file. If they are there you should be ok to wipe then reflash to get back to a fresher OS. Just don't wipe /sdcard.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You might want to look to see if there is an update to your cm7 rom if its been very long since you flashed.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

rc1993

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
How do I know if it needs an update?
And well are there any other rom's better then cm7? Might change if I get a recommendation. Btw I use my phone mostly for Netflix and games like zenonia. If that helps.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
How do I know if it needs an update?
And well are there any other rom's better then cm7? Might change if I get a recommendation. Btw I use my phone mostly for Netflix and games like zenonia. If that helps.

It's hard to say what ROMs are "better." There are so many to choose from on the OV, it all really boils down to: what do you prefer? I use a stock Froyo ROM because it is simple, stable, and good on battery. CM7 ROMs have many more features and some are actively updated, like Mirage. CM9 builds have ICS features.

But here's the link to the official IHO CM7 BACKside ROM, the first one. You can download it to your SD card and flash it in recovery if you want a truly CLEAN install: http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/104687-rom-kernel-inferior-human-organs-unofficial-cm7-1-a.html

Alternately you could simply enter your custom recovery and wipe the cache and dalvik partitions. Doing this, regularly, can make the phone less sluggish.

If you want the phone to get back to a clean state, without installing a ROM, you can do a data wipe WITHIN the recovery, but you will lose all your apps and data - unless you have a backup on your SD like Titanium.

Finally, you could also try something simple, like downloading SDMaid from the Play store. This will helo clean your SD card and uninstall all those apps that you accumulated over time, but don't use anymore. That will also help your phone's performance speed up a bit. :)

Reactions: rc1993

rc1993

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to say what ROMs are "better." There are so many to choose from on the OV, it all really boils down to: what do you prefer? I use a stock Froyo ROM because it is simple, stable, and good on battery. CM7 ROMs have many more features and some are actively updated, like Mirage. CM9 builds have ICS features.

But here's the link to the official IHO CM7 BACKside ROM, the first one. You can download it to your SD card and flash it in recovery if you want a truly CLEAN install: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...inferior-human-organs-unofficial-cm7-1-a.html

Alternately you could simply enter your custom recovery and wipe the cache and dalvik partitions. Doing this, regularly, can make the phone less sluggish.

If you want the phone to get back to a clean state, without installing a ROM, you can do a data wipe WITHIN the recovery, but you will lose all your apps and data - unless you have a backup on your SD like Titanium.

Finally, you could also try something simple, like downloading SDMaid from the Play store. This will helo clean your SD card and uninstall all those apps that you accumulated over time, but don't use anymore. That will also help your phone's performance speed up a bit. :)

Thanks and just for personal knowledge. What is mirage? Something to do with cm7? Sorry for the prob noob questions but I'm not so tech savy.
Also. Could you provide a link to gapps? Just in case I decide to do a clean start.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks and just for personal knowledge. What is mirage? Something to do with cm7? Sorry for the prob noob questions but I'm not so tech savy.
Also. Could you provide a link to gapps? Just in case I decide to do a clean start.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

Mirage is a port of CyanogenMod 7 for the OV, like IHO backside, except it's a personal take and it's still being actively updated by mrg666. Check the OV Roms forum, the thread is right there.

Don't have a link for gapps. Simply Google gapps or "gapps cm7," you'll find it ;)

Reactions: rc1993

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital