Issues with OV

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
My computer is being an idiot right now, so sorry for lack of detail but I'm getting an edifying scripting issue, and a few other problems.
(I recorded a video to better demonstrate my problem)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfK7Qwqlf2E&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Does anyone know how to fix this? I've Googled it and have dug and dug for a simple answer, but I'm no android guru. I can't fix this w/ow.ly help. :-(

Sent from my Triumph using Android Central Forums

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i thought we answered this for you already... mabey not... looks like you have bobz recovery... all the roms for the ov are edify scripting so the one youre trying to install is made for something else... use one of the many iho roms... they all work... im partial to BACKside and Mirage myself.. but theyre ALL good... just different strokes for different folks... i also noticed you didnt wipe a thing before you installed... you cant do that... you need to wipe cache>(go to advanced)>wipe dalvik>wipe data/factory reset(from recoveryONLY)>repeat in that order two more times... then go to mounts/storage>format boot>format cache>format data>format system>(back to main menu)>install zip from sd>choose zip from sd>select the zip and install>choose zip from sd>select gapps and install>(back to main menu)>reboot system now.... let it do its thing... when prompted seleck 'skip' and finish the install if since you said its for someone else... they can do it later from settings>accounts & sync... this should get you going...

For the Optimus V (VM670, Virgin Mobile USA): <----(scroll down to this header)
https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common/wiki/Binary

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, and no, I Googled it and Googled it, after about a week I just succumbed posted today l. I may have posted in my sleep or something, lol, but I doubt it. :)

Thanks! I'm about to make dinner, but right after I will follow your instructions and follow up! :)

Sent from my Triumph using Android Central Forums

EDIT: Whoops, I went to my posts, apparently I had replied to and necro-ed a topic. So sorry about that! ^///^;"

Last edited:

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i also noticed that you held back/vol down/power... to get into recovery.... should be home/vol down/power to get into recovery... perhaps the previous rom was one for the optimus s (switches back/home keys)...

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
If the rom you tried to install is a "nightly" then it may have bugs or script errors causing these messages. They tend to be less stable. Alpha roms are in about the same category. Also make sure your recovery & rom are compatible. Sometimes the dev will recommend a recovery to run with their rom for a reason. Read their instructions carefully. Since your present recovery is still working, you have something to work with. It's not bricked. You can make changes, just do your research thoroughly first. I've used Backside IHO w/ CWMA Green Recovery by Jerry Script for almost a year now. That rom & recovery comes with an OTA updater. (Over-The-Air). It's first class!

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Only was able to watch some of it cause of my 3G, but in the Vid, you said you were spicing it up for a friend's birthday. Is it activated yet? Because if you put them on CM7, they wont be able to activate.

I recommend Xionia, because it has everything working.

If you use Drew's Cannibal recovery, USB doesn't work in recovery, so if you ever get stuck you have to do something else.

Have you solved the problem?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
@clodfelterac, I kept fiddling until I got something that worked. The back, volume down and powerbutton works for me, I didn't think anything of it.

@crickie, No wonder! My friend had a few roms on the SD card, so I kinda assumed they were for the OV, but when I would try installing any of em, it never helped. I even downloaded a few I thought were made just for the OV(in one of the rom threads on here!) and even THAT didn't work! D:

@ThatGuyLurkin, love your SN, but also, really? Cuz I used Harmonia 2.08 which is basically CM7.2(lookin at the stats page). I have it mostly setup already ;______; My friend had Xionia on there but it was one of the one not working, but it could be because I wasn't sufficiently wiping the phone(like Coldfelterac's initial instructions). The phone in and of itself IS working, but the activation thing may become a problem(she plans to use it as a PDA for a year while waiting for her contract w/verizon is up, and then simply activate the phone provided it's still running smoothly) And yes she knows what her present is(had to have her pick between my old intercept cuz she always has loved keyboards but I wanted her to test out the OV touch screen cuz she's always had TS issues), but the surprise is how awesome I'm making it- she's a huge pokemon fan and I still have the apks for pokedroid and gameboid. ;P

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
i think you can activate with harmonias aphrodite rom... throw that on there and it should be good to activate.... :)

Harmonia 1.7 or so, it is a froyo room that has the activate apk.

Edit: here's what your looking for:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=78956

Just throw that on, wipe everything, and flash that. :)

You know what they say, all toasters toast toast.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Aphrodite, now that's outdated.

You can keep contact with your friend and help her/him out. Help them activate the phone, then go back to CM7.

I suggest using Harmonia 1.8 or Bumble Bee rom.

After activating the phone, you can use CM7 with no problem. ;)

But, do you know what kind of problem your friend was having with Xionia? Its pretty much one of the most Stable recoveries with no problems, thanks to Zefie.

Also, you can always make a nandroid backup of Harmonia 2.0 and flash Harmonia 1.8. After doing that, you can guide her, Activate the phone, boot into recovery, wipe all, restore the backup, and boot up. :D?

If you have any problems, PM me. :)

Sidenote: Pkmon is awesome .....>_><_<

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Could she just activate via the website? As far as I know, she wants to port her number over from verizon(I did this with my old samsung intercept over a year ago). I have read in some cases with VM android roms that don't have the activation app, you can to it via that way.

Anyway, it's got Harmonia 2.08. That being said, if she can do the activation that way, it would be preferred, I have it mostly setup and that pesky activation app kinda does clog up the home screen. :p

Could I just slap in an activation.apk and install that to the phone(with it working)? But again, I doubt she'd activate it that way(unless she gets another stalker whom obtains her phone number right around the time her contract goes up).

My cousin is already paying the 35$/mo plan, so I'll probably get her to activate this phone via computer to test it if nobody knows if any of the above will work, and then switch it back to her phone a little after. Even so, it could mean she might be w/o her phone working for a few hours(she lives well over 100 miles away from me too, or I'd let her borrow my Triumph until I was done testing).

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
You have to activate using a froyo rom auch as Harmonia 1.8.

It doesn't work on CM7 because we never got a gingerbread update.

The activate app is a must because it connects with the website telling the serial numbers and what not. The nunbers on the back of the phone.

Your best idea maybe is to create a backup of Harmonia that your on.

Flash a froyo rom, Harmonia 1.8, leave it on there until she activates.

Once activated it, you cam guide her on how to wipe and restore that backup of Harmonia 2.0.

Its all up to you. ;)

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help everybody! The phone is 99% ready for her! I just have a few things to do(like ensure it's sparkling clean, charge it up, remove my google account(hey I had to get her some awesome paid apps for free somehow! :p) charge it up and whatnot. a really short list now!

:D

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Good luck. :)

Make sure you have everything planned out, because some people aren't good with electronics and are very confused. :p

meepzork

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have this same problem. the phone just keeps booting straight to clockworkmod. I tried following all the instructions at the top of the thread and theres no change. any ideas?

*PS more info: was previously rooted and flashed to harmonia, working fine. i decided to sell the phone so i restored from a backup to get it back to the stock rom. once back in the stock rom i wanted to make sure my information was wiped so i chose "privacy/factory reset", which (as i learned the hard way) was what screwed everything up. now the phone boots straight to clockworkmod and no matter what i flash (harmonia, xionia, restore from backup, etc) i cannot get out of CWM.

Please advise.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have this same problem. the phone just keeps booting straight to clockworkmod. I tried following all the instructions at the top of the thread and theres no change. any ideas?

*PS more info: was previously rooted and flashed to harmonia, working fine. i decided to sell the phone so i restored from a backup to get it back to the stock rom. once back in the stock rom i wanted to make sure my information was wiped so i chose "privacy/factory reset", which (as i learned the hard way) was what screwed everything up. now the phone boots straight to clockworkmod and no matter what i flash (harmonia, xionia, restore from backup, etc) i cannot get out of CWM.

Please advise.

From cwm flash cot recovery and there's a fix bootloop option. That's what you need

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware