08-24-2012 12:02 AM
35 12
tools
    So I live out where there's not the greatest service. Would changing my prl help me to make/receive better calls in my house?
    07-03-2012 12:16 AM
    Ok. So tgere are normal PRL's, and Corporate PRLs.

Corporate's are mostly used for roaming. Normal PRLs are for everything else. Normal use.

Click to view quoted image

22085 looks like the latest to me. I'm using 60687 currently. 11121 is the latest corporate PRL.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    And as I was JUST about to provide similar information. Lol
    (my source would have been: BatonRougeBroadband.Info - Home
    07-03-2012 12:24 AM
    So I live out where there's not the greatest service. Would changing my prl help me to make/receive better calls in my house?
    It could help, although it still varies. And using any other than Sprint/Virgin Mobile/Boost Mobile PRL's are practically useless due to the authentication protocols that other carriers, such as Verizon, use
    07-03-2012 12:27 AM
    How do I know which one would be a good one for me to use?
    07-03-2012 12:40 AM
    How do I know which one would be a good one for me to use?
    It's always a safe idea to use the latest Virgin Mobile, or Sprint PRL. (either should work perfectly fine, as ThatGuyLurkin and I have provided information that should help aid you)
    07-03-2012 12:58 AM
    Check VM/Sprint's reception chart. See if you are in a good zone first.

07-03-2012 02:13 AM
    Check VM/Sprint's reception chart. See if you are in a good zone first.

What information?

about the latest PRL's, and the one that you are currently using. could be helpful for him.
    07-03-2012 02:25 AM
    I don't understand it. Lol. I just know it has better reception

07-03-2012 03:46 AM
    I don't understand it. Lol. I just know it has better reception

This just sent my funny box on overdrive xD idk why, but that got me cracking up lol
    Ok, serious face now.
    From what I understand, when a PRL gets updated, it changes the order of cell towers to grab the signal from(to achieve the best possible signal), and to grow accustom to the new roaming contracts between carriers.
    In a nut shell, say Sprint is your carrier, and the PRL gets updated, it will try to grab the best signal from sprints towers, but also search for better signals from other carriers, and start roaming.. however, if say, Sprint cancelled their roaming contract with Verizon, then it will no longer search for a signal using Verizon's towers.

Since Sprint, Virgin MobileUSA, and Boost Mobile all use the same towers, you can use any of those 3 companies PRL, as long as it also searches for your native carriers towers (each do have their own separate towers).

(Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going off of my understanding of what the PRL is, using deductive reasoning..)

sent from my un-dead sammich
    07-03-2012 04:00 AM
    im sorry but id like a good prl for texas if its a hybrid i dont mind as long as it doesnt roam.. im trying to get the fastest sprint prl for me... and havent had much luck the new prl sucks...
    08-24-2012 12:02 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD