01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Support for different hardware between the P700 and our phones. Off the top of my head:

* LG specific stuff related to baseband, battery, and such.
    * Touchscreen drivers for Novatek and Hitachi screens.
    * BCM4325 driver for wifi.
    * MTD and yaffs2.

That's the bulk of it, but there may be a bit more.

I'm hoping that most of these can be copied from gingerkernel and tweaked. In fact that's what I'm doing right now...
    So I'm assuming this kernel is from pure google source?
    07-06-2012 03:29 PM
    I can't find a blue theme for aokp except COBOLt on the market but its for hpdi. Are their anymore or anyway to make it work on our phone

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-06-2012 03:53 PM
    sorry tdm, i had to ditch aokp... It was running great yesterday no reboots no anything. then today... well today ive had about 8 reboots in the last 15 minutes. Maybe the memory management stuff? thanks for the hard work though.
    Did you try the newest AOKP nightly?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-06-2012 04:00 PM
    I tried the Google Now app on aokp nightly 7/6 and it crashes. Apparently it is only suppose to work well on aosp roms. I thought AOKP was just AOSP on steroids. Am I wrong or missing something?
    07-06-2012 04:18 PM
    I tried the Google Now app on aokp nightly 7/6 and it crashes. Apparently it is only suppose to work well on aosp roms. I thought AOKP was just AOSP on steroids. Am I wrong or missing something?
    It has a modified Code, so it can be completely different from an AOSP build.
    07-06-2012 04:19 PM
    I can't find a blue theme for aokp except COBOLt on the market but its for hpdi. Are their anymore or anyway to make it work on our phone

Download the theme, download a dpi changer, change dpi to hdpi(don't remember it off the top of my head), apply the theme, reboot, change dpi back to 160, enjoy.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-06-2012 04:49 PM
    140 is the hdpi number you need to change it to
    07-06-2012 04:50 PM
    140 is the hdpi number you need to change it to
    160 is the default dpi for Quattrimus, and is MDPI, so why would you lower it to 140? It looks like 200+ is HDPI. I heard them say somewhere else in teh old Quattrimus thread to change it to 140 as well.

Maybe I just have it backwards, but when I saw you said HDPI, I noticed that HDPI isn't at 140..
    07-06-2012 06:15 PM
    160 is the default dpi for Quattrimus, and is MDPI, so why would you lower it to 140? It looks like 200+ is HDPI. I heard them say somewhere else in teh old Quattrimus thread to change it to 140 as well.

Maybe I just have it backwards, but when I saw you said HDPI, I noticed that HDPI isn't at 140..
    I'm on some pretty strong pain meds, I don't know why I put hdpi but 140 is what you need to change it to get the themes to work

07-06-2012 06:21 PM
    I must be doing something wrong.

I wiped everything. I flashed Quattrimus (AOKP b1) and gapps. Everything was running buttery smooth two days ago, but suddenly yesterday my Optimus started force quitting its way out of anything and everything (apps, settings, being woken up, idling at the home screen). Now it just freezes for about a minute before going into some sort of boot loop. I say boot loop because often the device won't even finish booting before it goes back to the LG screen. Sometimes it goes through but won't last a minute before it freezes and restarts again.

I went back and wiped everything a second time, repeating the flashing process. Still, the freezes and restarts keep coming back.

BTW, I haven't messed with the overclocking feature or changed the settings much aside from disabling the boot animation (jerk, etc). I don't have that many apps installed. Hell, I just uninstalled three of them right before it force restarted again. It's gotten to the point where the thing won't last 2 minutes before crapping out.

Does the fact that I'm running xionia (CWMA v1.2518.6) as my recovery of choice mean anything?
    07-06-2012 06:30 PM
    Wow, this is so much easier to spin up the ICS kernel using the P700 sources. It's almost compiling already after a couple hours of work. I spent two weeks on the other project and didn't get this far...
    07-06-2012 06:33 PM
    Wow, this is so much easier to spin up the ICS kernel using the P700 sources. It's almost compiling already after a couple hours of work. I spent two weeks on the other project and didn't get this far...
    I hate when I realize all my hard work was in vain when there was an easier way.
    07-06-2012 06:37 PM
    Just out of idle curiosity, what is this going to gain us? Better stability? Smaller kernel? I haven't taken the step that far yet, just wondering is all..

07-06-2012 06:40 PM
    Saved

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2
    07-06-2012 06:44 PM
    GOD I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

It makes you feel so stupid when you do that. Tried to make a simple GUI app in Linux using QT 1.0 thought that was the latest version and I was slaving away, find out I was using a REALLY old version, I almost killed myself that day. >.>

Also, not to be a puppy killer, but do you think we can have a beta test soon for the kernel?
    dzdzjb likes this.
    07-06-2012 06:48 PM
    Just out of idle curiosity, what is this going to gain us? Better stability? Smaller kernel? I haven't taken the step that far yet, just wondering is all..

It might fix memory errors, kernel timing errors, and other low system level bugs.

Basically we are using a kernel(2.6.35) that was made around 2.3, so it still has a lot of the low level system settings for that system(2.3). What we have done is gone through the older kernel to make it compatible with ics by adjusting everything(By fusing some 2.3 kernel source with 4.0 Kernel source). But because it was made for 2.3, there are a lot of little bugs that can cause a lot of mess-ups. So by doing this we are boosting the compatibility of ICS with our phones, because this source is 100% google ics Kernel source.

In theory this should fix a lot of random reboots, and other little random bugs... In theory at least.

Also this should add a HUGE performance boost to I/O because in Kernel 2.6.38 google and other kernel devs redid the whole I/O system in Linux boosting it by A LOT. I still notice it to this day and im on 3.2
    inceyet, tdm, tcrider84 and 6 others like this.
    07-06-2012 07:00 PM

Does aokp use cm9 themes? I am on cm9 running steel blue cm9 theme from the market.. didn't need any Modding to make it work...

Edit:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...me.SteelBlueNG

Just read their description you can use it on aokp

07-06-2012 07:05 PM
    Mixer ics is also good

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/
    07-06-2012 07:29 PM
    Download the theme, download a dpi changer, change dpi to hdpi(don't remember it off the top of my head), apply the theme, reboot, change dpi back to 160, enjoy.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    HDPI is 140
    07-06-2012 07:33 PM
    just read the bit about new kernel sources. really stoked. ive been working off your source since bobzhomes still has a few issues. i can help with porting the bcm4325 drivers easily. just have to make sure to also pick up the extra gpio and bluetooth bits. plus in the current kernel i already did this just havent committed anything but probably should change the bcm4325 driver to be named "bcm4325" instead of "wireless" and rename the proprietary bins to match as well, just for the sake of not having 3 different names for one driver in the boardconfig (rtecdc, wireless, bcm4325 all = bcm4325 )
    07-06-2012 07:50 PM
    I don't feel bad, I never expected LG to release ICS on a msm7x27 platform, so this is manna from heaven (or Korea).

Yes this is google source, modified to support our hardware.

It should make the phone more stable and also play nicer with ICS stuff... Like the new adreno libs, the new network stuff, etc. But it may take a few iterations to get there.
    joerivera17 likes this.
    07-06-2012 07:51 PM
    I don't feel bad, I never expected LG to release ICS on a msm7x27 platform, so this is manna from heaven (or Korea).

Yes this is google source, modified to support our hardware.

It should make the phone more stable and also play nicer with ICS stuff... Like the new adreno libs, the new network stuff, etc. But it may take a few iterations to get there.
    I'll be more then glad to test it out as soon as you release one!!!
    07-06-2012 08:01 PM
    also btw the main problem with wifi hotspot not working is that in wpa_supplicant_8 hostapd is nested inside it as a sub-make directory. in wpa_supplicant 6 hostapd is seperated. was a simple matter of digging up the gingerbread hostapd and rewriting the makefile a bit to work inside wpa_supplicant 6.

still having a bit of trouble with it reguarding hostapd.conf and loading the ap firmware correctly, but i can atleast get it to turn on for a few seconds. i think maybe its looking for hostapd.conf and not finding it. it stumps me how they did it in iho, but im on a mission, ill figure it out, i hope lol.
    tdm, andrewnelson23 and mlson like this.
    07-06-2012 08:03 PM
    also btw the main problem with wifi hotspot not working is that in wpa_supplicant_8 hostapd is nested inside it as a sub-make directory. in wpa_supplicant 6 hostapd is seperated. was a simple matter of digging up the gingerbread hostapd and rewriting the makefile a bit to work inside wpa_supplicant 6.

still having a bit of trouble with it reguarding hostapd.conf and loading the ap firmware correctly, but i can atleast get it to turn on for a few seconds. i think maybe its looking for hostapd.conf and not finding it. it stumps me how they did it in iho, but im on a mission, ill figure it out, i hope lol.
    The new kernel might actually fix this.
    07-06-2012 08:04 PM
    The new kernel might actually fix this.
    ehh, i have my doubts because wpa_supplicant_6 and 8 and hostapd are all in system/external, not the kernel. but theres a chance the hostap driver in the updated kernel might be better, even though config_hostap isnt set by default in our kernel or in ihos. not sure. o.o
    07-06-2012 08:10 PM
2,975 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD