01-05-2016 04:35 PM
2,975 ... 102103104105106 ...
tools
    Lol don't get all teary eyed, quattrimus is about Android 4, and jb is still 4. It is certainly going to take some work to get back to what we have with beta2, but we went through this before... Remember the 4.0.4 upgrade for alpha8? That sucked but it all worked out.
    Last time on "As Quattrimus Turns":

As I.C. Sandwich (ICS) lays on his deathbed, J.B. (JellyBean) arrives at the hospital just in time to listen to his father's final words: "J.B., I've been in this world for a very long time. I've done things in my life that may seem impossible, but I couldn't give up. I had to endure it all to see it through. To ensure that you had a future to look forward to."

"I've also made a lot of memories with friends and loved ones, good and bad. But thanks to the support of the people that I cherish, you included, I can leave this world with no regrets. This is your time now. Don't let it be a waste. Goodbye son. I love you."

Does J.B. has what it takes to carry on his father's legacy? Or will it be nothing but a burden to him? Only time will tell "As Quattrimus Turns".
    Nate456, purpulehaze, tdm and 12 others like this.
    09-23-2012 07:33 AM
    ^Jelly Bean looks like a kid with greasy Hair.

Yeah. I noticed it to. HDPI files. I'm gonna do some messing around though. Good luck to you guys too.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-2012 08:02 AM
    Lol, Lurkin, if you get it working, tell me :P
    09-23-2012 05:08 PM
    I was looking around, and it seems that the Galaxy S (the original) only had 512mB of memory. I wonder how big the actual OS is for that build...
    09-23-2012 08:59 PM
    I was looking around, and it seems that the Galaxy S (the original) only had 512mB of memory. I wonder how big the actual OS is for that build...
    I haven't looked at the official requirements for ram but I have no reason to believe that 512mb is going to be a problem. It's the flash size that's our biggest issue.

I will be starting to work on jb shortly, and when I release, I expect it will require sdext. I plan to put system apps on it this time, which means you won't be able to remove or change your sdcard without either a backup and restore or a reinstall.
    09-23-2012 10:50 PM
    I haven't looked at the official requirements for ram but I have no reason to believe that 512mb is going to be a problem. It's the flash size that's our biggest issue.

I will be starting to work on jb shortly, and when I release, I expect it will require sdext. I plan to put system apps on it this time, which means you won't be able to remove or change your sdcard without either a backup and restore or a reinstall.
    I would be sure to state in big bold red highlighted letters that the rom won't boot if you take out the sdcard. Even though half of the people won't see it.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    monepone likes this.
    09-23-2012 11:02 PM
    You should put in the tips and tricks section that we should have fairly fast sd-cards. I plan to purchase a 16gb class 10 sdcard.
    09-23-2012 11:05 PM
    At most retailers (CompUSA, Tigerdirect, Microcenter, Amazon, etc) you can get a 32 gig MicroSD 32 gig class 10 for around 30 bucks. It's worth it. Trust me. If you have this phone, it's literally the top end of what it can take. One time fee and you'll never say, "Ya know, I coulda done better."

Also, I'm with TDM on this one. I think as we move forward, we just have to accept that the SD mandatory thing is gonna happen.
    09-23-2012 11:32 PM
    At most retailers (CompUSA, Tigerdirect, Microcenter, Amazon, etc) you can get a 32 gig MicroSD 32 gig class 10 for around 30 bucks. It's worth it. Trust me. If you have this phone, it's literally the top end of what it can take. One time fee and you'll never say, "Ya know, I coulda done better."
    That's money I don't have at the moment. But I should aim for it anyways.
    09-23-2012 11:36 PM
    I already view sd-ext mandatory for the OV and the WFS. Neither handset has enough internal memory to run ics well (or jb at all) without it.

Thus he spake
    09-24-2012 07:57 AM
    I will be starting to work on jb shortly, .
    Will this involve a new kernal, or has that project been abandoned?

(Thanks for all your hard work.)
    09-24-2012 09:17 AM
    Will this involve a new kernal, or has that project been abandoned?

(Thanks for all your hard work.)
    They are more or less independent. But I still plan to work on the kernel when I get a chance.
    09-24-2012 09:22 AM
    Just got a good CM10 compile so it looks like JB is getting close.
    09-24-2012 05:21 PM

---------- Post Merged at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:21 PM ----------

So your Jelly Bean Rom is definitely gonna be here within two weeks or whatever? That'd be awesome!!! I always wanted to try a AOKP Jelly Bean rom! And as much as I love BobZhome I prefer your ICS over his so I'm sure JB will be no different, very excited to see what you come up with!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    tdm likes this.
    09-24-2012 05:24 PM
    So your Jelly Bean Rom is definitely gonna be here within two weeks or whatever?
    No official ETA, of course. But a good compile for CM is a promising first step. Next step is to see if it boots.

I'm usually able to get AOKP running within a day or two after getting CM running.
    09-24-2012 05:32 PM
    No official ETA, of course. But a good compile for CM is a promising first step. Next step is to see if it boots.

I'm usually able to get AOKP running within a day or two after getting CM running.
    Will first hopeful release be a multi-rom including install for the 'sniper' phones and optimus line?

Sent from my Optimus V via Tapatalk
    09-24-2012 06:05 PM

If it boots up and everything and you need a tester I would be more then happy to, I love your roms, you always do such a great job

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    tdm and Encerspay45 like this.
    09-24-2012 06:34 PM
    Can't wait

09-24-2012 06:35 PM
    Will first hopeful release be a multi-rom including install for the 'sniper' phones and optimus line?

Sent from my Optimus V via Tapatalk
    Separate roms for thunderc and sniper, but yeah I'm working on sniper too. And I've got a vs920 that it's just begging for some jb.
    YoshinJaa and Encerspay45 like this.
    09-24-2012 07:01 PM
    Separate roms for thunderc and sniper, but yeah I'm working on sniper too. And I've got a vs920 that it's just begging for some jb.
    CANNOT WAIT!

09-24-2012 07:11 PM
    I've been a little skeptical about jb running on the OV, but then again I didn't think ics would happen either. I have a great deal of respect for your work, and I'm eager to see what you come up with.

Thus he spake
    tdm and Encerspay45 like this.
    09-24-2012 08:12 PM
    Well, Bob and Zak had JB on OV, so it's all possible.
    09-24-2012 08:35 PM
    a shout out to jb people LG optimus one has most features of aosp working jb!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1895244
    Aosp jb now possible to port

monepone, koeylondon and inceyet like this.
    09-24-2012 08:55 PM
    a shout out to jb people LG optimus one has most features of aosp working jb!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1895244
    Aosp jb now possible to port

It's available, but not 100% possible.

Its AOSP, as in stock.

jonny5449 and koeylondon like this.
    09-24-2012 10:55 PM
    I have a nine month old constantly engaged in random acts of cuteness, so a functional camera is a non negotiable for me. I haven't followed jb development on the OV but the last time I tried it the camera didn't work, and it ran crazy slow. :banghead:

Thus he spake
    Encerspay45 likes this.
    09-25-2012 12:04 AM
2,975 ... 102103104105106 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD