01-05-2016 04:35 PM
2,975 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    ehh, i have my doubts because wpa_supplicant_6 and 8 and hostapd are all in system/external, not the kernel. but theres a chance the hostap driver in the updated kernel might be better. not sure. o.o
    Reason why I'm thinking as such, new drivers are such nice things :3
    07-06-2012 07:14 PM
    I don't feel bad, I never expected LG to release ICS on a msm7x27 platform, so this is manna from heaven (or Korea).

Yes this is google source, modified to support our hardware.

It should make the phone more stable and also play nicer with ICS stuff... Like the new adreno libs, the new network stuff, etc. But it may take a few iterations to get there.
    Nice! What does this mean in terms of drivers, hardware acceleration, etc?

The new kernel is going to be great! I can't wait, thanks so much! If we even get lucky enough to get hardware acceleration and new drivers, this is going to be even better!
    07-06-2012 07:42 PM
    Nice! What does this mean in terms of drivers, hardware acceleration, etc?

The new kernel is going to be great! I can't wait, thanks so much! If we even get lucky enough to get hardware acceleration and new drivers, this is going to be even better!
    The new kernel will give that, because the drivers will be compiled into ICS source code. Its how linux works

New Kernel == new Modules(Drivers)

Now some will be back ported, but either way this will increase out compatibility
    07-06-2012 07:48 PM
    The new kernel will give that, because the drivers will be compiled into ICS source code. Its how linux works

New Kernel == new Modules(Drivers)

Now some will be back ported, but either way this will increase out compatibility
    Sweet! The only last thing we need to do is edit the build.prop to say we're a Google Nexus (or other) phone, so we can install "incompatible" apps.
    07-06-2012 07:53 PM
    Sweet! The only last thing we need to do is edit the build.prop to say we're a Google Nexus (or other) phone, so we can install "incompatible" apps.
    It doesnt work like that, we will get new drivers and stuff, but the reason why he get the "incompatible app" warning is because some apps use built using the arm7 NEON instructions, which arm6 does not have. Basically the new drivers will just make the system run more smooth, and snappier !
    07-06-2012 07:55 PM
    I don't feel bad, I never expected LG to release ICS on a msm7x27 platform, so this is manna from heaven (or Korea).

Yes this is google source, modified to support our hardware.

It should make the phone more stable and also play nicer with ICS stuff... Like the new adreno libs, the new network stuff, etc. But it may take a few iterations to get there.
    Wait, is the msm7x27 Google source released for another phone such as Optimus S? If so, that could mean really good things, not just a new kernel and drivers, but also hardware acceleration!

It doesnt work like that, we will get new drivers and stuff, but the reason why he get the "incompatible app" warning is because some apps use built using the arm7 NEON instructions, which arm6 does not have. Basically the new drivers will just make the system run more smooth, and snappier !
    That makes sense, but what also about the apps that don't run on 2.2, which was the original stock OS? I'm pretty sure Google knows our Optimus V only has (officially) 2.2. What'd be even more amazing though was if Virgin Mobile released an ICS (or even JellyBean) OS for us, but probably not since I think they stopped supporting our phone.

Edit: Optimus V is back in stock, so MAYBE they still support it..
    07-06-2012 08:00 PM
    Wait, is the msm7x27 Google source released for another phone such as Optimus S? If so, that could mean really good things, not just a new kernel and drivers, but also hardware acceleration!

That makes sense, but what also about the apps that don't run on 2.2, which was the original stock OS? I'm pretty sure Google knows our Optimus V only has (officially) 2.2. What'd be even more amazing though was if Virgin Mobile released an ICS (or even JellyBean) OS for us, but probably not since I think they stopped supporting our phone.

Edit: Optimus V is back in stock, so MAYBE they still support it..
    Because higher API apps are backward compatible, its the hardware not the OS.
    07-06-2012 08:04 PM
    tested out CM9 for a week then swapped to AOKP for a couple days. not sure if it's my specific device or what, but i definitely prefer running CM9.

with AOKP i had random force closes and lags. CM9 i'm running much smoother. i'm sure it's personal preference as well, but a far as AOKP goes i don't need all the customizations.

i'm totally gonna steal their boot logo though, cuz i'm batcrap crazy on unicorns.

sent from space.
    cbucz24 likes this.
    07-06-2012 09:12 PM
    Looks like I'm not gonna be around to see this fom hit it's full potential. I upgraded today to the One V. It's sad to leave, but it's worth it.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    07-06-2012 09:35 PM
    I go on vacation and come back to a beta build. Awesome job getting to this point, tdm. This new kernel talk sounds promising also..
    tdm likes this.
    07-06-2012 09:45 PM
    I'm running the CM9 Quattrimus beta, I don't know how to take a screenshot (super noob) I thought at first it was my CPU settings now I'm running 768/245 CONSERVATIVE. I don't if this happens on the AOKP; haven't tested it yet because of reboot issues.
    07-06-2012 10:14 PM
    Holy hell.... AOKP is as smooth as butter. Zippy and responsive as well as looking very nice on our less than average screen.

Hats off to TDM and the team as always.
    tdm and Badboytoast like this.
    07-06-2012 10:29 PM
    There is a bug in AOKP beta 1.
    If you hold the power button it opens the screen(where power off, reboot, and airplane mode) twice.
    07-06-2012 10:44 PM
    Beta!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    07-06-2012 11:19 PM
    There is a bug in AOKP beta 1.
    If you hold the power button it opens the screen(where power off, reboot, and airplane mode) twice.
    I noticed this too
    07-06-2012 11:19 PM
    Love it runs smooth luckily it worked. Tried to rom out my girls precedent with gingerbread and bricked it. Anyways back on topic.. not sure if its me or what but I tend to freeze a good amount of times to the point it reboots after I am in my browser alot

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-06-2012 11:21 PM
    can't install youtube on aokp, google play say's "package invalid", also tried with a downloaded apk, and get the same results, "aplication not installed"....some help?...please?
    07-07-2012 12:09 AM
    can't install youtube on aokp, google play say's "package invalid", also tried with a downloaded apk, and get the same results, "aplication not installed"....some help?...please?
    Youtube doesnt work on this ROM, read the main thread.
    07-07-2012 12:10 AM
    I suspect there is a memory leak somewhere causing reboots. If it's in the kernel, I hope the new ics kernel will solve it. I hope to have it running next week.
    07-07-2012 12:39 AM
    I suspect there is a memory leak somewhere causing reboots. If it's in the kernel, I hope the new ics kernel will solve it. I hope to have it running next week.
    Not to sound entitled or special or anything... but did my kernel panic help you out to figure this out?
    07-07-2012 12:51 AM
    Hey tdm, thanks for the great work on Quattrimus.

I've installed AOKP b1 on my OV and thought I'd tell you what I've noticed so far. I don't know if all of these have already been reported.

First, the uptime counter (settings>about>status>uptime) is not counting time as it should. If I turn on my screen and look at it and it says 32 minutes and I turn off my screen and do something for like 20 minutes, I'll look at it again and it will say something like uptime is 34 minutes.

Holding the power/lock button on the phone to bring up the power off and reboot menu will open the menu twice. So if you click the back button another menu will be right behind it.

When I first installed aokp on the phone it was like 90% unstable. It would crash and reboot everything I would try to scroll in menus and reboot on pretty much everything. When I got it to work long enough to change some settings I turned off scrolling cache and changed the cpu to 480/600 and it has been relatively stable since that.

The phone still reboots at random times so things nothing I can predict and get a logcat of. But I have noticed that the top menu crashes pretty often..

Lastly, trying to boot into then phone while it is in the powered off charging state is a hit and miss. Most of the time holding the power button in the charging state will turn on the phone but it will go right back to the charging state.

Hope this helps.
    tdm likes this.
    07-07-2012 12:51 AM
    Not to sound entitled or special or anything... but did my kernel panic help you out to figure this out?
    Sorry haven't looked at it since I found the p700 kernel.
    07-07-2012 12:59 AM
    Sorry haven't looked at it since I found the p700 kernel.
    WELL FINE
    07-07-2012 01:05 AM
    The reboots have only happened to me on CM9. It would crash nonstop. I flashed AOKP and it has only frozen once, and that was more my fault. Otherwise, it's been much smoother.

CM9 also gave me the split screen issue, but as others said, toggling the screen once fixes it.
    07-07-2012 01:21 AM
    I'm running the CM9 Quattrimus beta, I don't know how to take a screenshot (super noob) I thought at first it was my CPU settings now I'm running 768/245 CONSERVATIVE. I don't if this happens on the AOKP; haven't tested it yet because of reboot issues.
    How the heck did you root the phone, put a custom recovery on it, properly wipe everything and install a custom rom on it and overclock it without knowing how to take a screenshot? :P haha it's easy as one-two. hold the power button. click take screenshot. haha
    BuggerZ likes this.
    07-07-2012 01:29 AM
2,975 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD