01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    I have had zero reboots on cm9 ever since beta1 pre3. I don't use a lot of applications though, and I overclock at 480 and 768. Also, I do not have an sd ext-partition made yet. (I actually just learned what that actually is, learning how to dual-boot my computer into Ubuntu using a partition (btw if anyone can help me with partitioning an hp, you should pm me! All four of the ext's are used up! But I do have some ideas on how to get around that.)
    07-07-2012 02:38 AM
    ooohhhmygod.

hostapd6 with wpa_supplicant 6 inside the p700 ICS
    sources under external. ;JLKSDNF;DJKH;SHJ
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-07-2012 02:49 AM
    ooohhhmygod.

hostapd6 with wpa_supplicant 6 inside the p700 ICS
    sources under external. ;JLKSDNF;DJKH;SHJ
    So we got the hotspot fix?
    inyourface09 likes this.
    07-07-2012 02:53 AM
    not sure yet. gotta compile it first
    07-07-2012 03:10 AM
    I scanned through the 7 pages of the thread but couldnt find it
    are there fixes for
    1. clock lag
    2. gmail white page issue
    If these were already addressed in the thread can someone please point me to the page?
    thnx
    Clock lag doesn't look like there's a fix yet.

Gmail white page issue, this is what I did:
    -Go into Manage Apps
    -Go to the "Running" tab
    -Hit "Show Cached Processes" at the bottom
    -Find the "Email" app process
    -Kill it (click into it and press "Stop")
    -Relaunch Email app.

This has worked for me a couple of times, and is a heck of a lot better than rebooting your Optimus.

Oh and before I forget... Mic input does not seem to work when in a call using wired headphones. (MIC3 compatible headphones) Anytime I answer a call with my headphones in the other person cannot hear me and I cannot hear them at all.

tdm: I remember on the old thread for alpha there was a bug tracker, and I know that it could be a nuisance with people reporting the same junk over and over again... but I would assume it would help keep things kinda organized and help with bug reporting, as oppose to you having to read each post and digest it for bug info. Either way, I am so very pleased with this ROM. I love that my older crappy phone can run ICS. It's totally worth a forced reboot every day or so or minor issues here and there.
    07-07-2012 04:12 AM
    Please Oh, Please Oh, Please im hating IHO
    Thanks for anyone whos personally putting time into this I really apreciate it.
    (although a useless post)
    07-07-2012 04:50 AM
    Why would you hate IHO? It's IHO that got mostly everything going.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    cbucz24, Conrail16 and mlson like this.
    07-07-2012 06:08 AM
    So yesterday, finally got my phone to not reboot after a bt call. Normally to save battery, I'd hang up turn off my headset, then turn bt off on my phone. That's when it rebooted every time.
    But yesterday, I hung up, turned off my headset an left on bt on my phone. It never rebooted. Something must hang after a call. I waited like 4hrs, then just for grins I turned it off. An bam, it still did it.
    So, there must be some driver call that doesn't close properly after bt calling is disconnected. And only calling, turning on and off with a2dp doesn't do it.
    Just figured I'd say something, rebooting after every call was a bit annoying. So I'm glad I found a work around for now...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    tdm likes this.
    07-07-2012 09:30 AM
    How the heck did you root the phone, put a custom recovery on it, properly wipe everything and install a custom rom on it and overclock it without knowing how to take a screenshot? :P haha it's easy as one-two. hold the power button. click take screenshot. haha
    I knew HOW to take a screenshot, just not didn't know the benefit of it or what it did. Embarrassed to ask I like to figure things out on my own. I like to worry the big things first then sweat the small things
    andrewnelson23 likes this.
    07-07-2012 09:34 AM
    I knew HOW to take a screenshot, just not didn't know the benefit of it or what it did. Embarrassed to ask I like to figure things out on my own. I like to worry the big things first then sweat the small things
    The benefit is if something is on the screen like what settings your running, keyboard too high, things out of the ordinary, you take a screenshot and upload it to let other bright ppl fix it. Lol

sam_soren84 likes this.
    07-07-2012 10:09 AM
    @inyourface--- iho is awesome... and still runs way faster than any of our 4.0 roms... dont knock it... more than likely its the way you had it set up...
    mlson and Conrail16 like this.
    07-07-2012 10:15 AM
    so im still experiencing issues when downloading anything from the Play store; after installing anything (even a keyboard skin) the system places a shortcut on the homescreen and tries to place a widget as well. ROM or ICS issue?

Sent from my Quattrimus ICS Optimus V
    07-07-2012 10:31 AM
    I fixed my freezing issues by setting the minimum cpu speed to 480MHz.
    I can now run at 600MHz... If I set the minimum back to 245MHz it will freeze within 10 minutes.

Seems strange that doing that fixed it.
    07-07-2012 10:41 AM
    so im still experiencing issues when downloading anything from the Play store; after installing anything (even a keyboard skin) the system places a shortcut on the homescreen and tries to place a widget as well. ROM or ICS issue?

In Market settings is "Auto-add widget" enabled? If so, that places a shortcut each time a new app is installed to the home screen. Shouldn't be a ROM or ICS issue.
    ItsMoo, cmerlyn and chuckconnors like this.
    07-07-2012 10:43 AM
    In Market settings is "Auto-add widget" enabled? If so, that places a shortcut each time a new app is installed to the home screen. Shouldn't be a ROM or ICS issue.
    i didnt think to look at settings within the Market...:what: thanks buddy.

07-07-2012 11:04 AM
    Love the ICS ROM. Thank you so much to TDM and all the others for their hard effort. I have been using ICS as my main since beta pre 3 and love it.

tdm and Badboytoast like this.
    07-07-2012 11:23 AM
    The benefit is if something is on the screen like what settings your running, keyboard too high, things out of the ordinary, you take a screenshot and upload it to let other bright ppl fix it. Lol

I get it now. Super Noob just gained +1000exp
    07-07-2012 11:35 AM

07-07-2012 11:47 AM
    Leveled up twice and learned the skill dunce
    sam_soren84 likes this.
    07-07-2012 12:20 PM
    Absolutely too many fcs and reboots! Though assuming tdm said it was the kernel(EVIL KERNEL), I guess I'm waiting for the new one!
    topdawg661 likes this.
    07-07-2012 12:37 PM
    So, by downloading the nightly, its actually just a updated build not an actual nightly patch that can be applied to the current build your running, correct? If not, then I'm confused, because they have the same bites

07-07-2012 01:07 PM
    As some have said on the previous thread, many of the reboot issues can be fixed by setting the minimum CPU frequency to something above its lowest setting (320 works for me, so does 480), and perhaps changing the CPU governor - I use Smartass V2. I had previously been getting reboots every ten minutes, now I haven't had a single one in a week of heavy usage after doing these changes.
    07-07-2012 01:38 PM
    So, by downloading the nightly, its actually just a updated build not an actual nightly patch that can be applied to the current build your running, correct? If not, then I'm confused, because they have the same bites

Yes, as of now nightly builds are full roms. Note that they are zip files.
    Badboytoast and jto101680 like this.
    07-07-2012 01:48 PM
    Yes, as of now nightly builds are full roms. Note that they are zip files.
    Has romkeeper been dropped or just put on the back burner for now? I liked the nightly deltas and updated from cm9 bp1 to 3 with it then haven't seen updates

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-07-2012 04:16 PM
    Sorry, another question about moving files to SD-EXT.

SD card portioned as 2GB ext from the recovery . No problems so far. When I go there in File explorer it’s totally empty right now.

Titanium backup has all my old apps stored in /SDCARD/TitaniumBackup

1. Do I reinstall apps from Titanium Backup first and then move them to SD-EXT?
    2. Do I need to try and change the restore location in Titanium first? When I search for the file after I restore it in Titanium I can only find the APK in the Titanium folder. When I go the app in Titanium it says its at "/data/app…file name" but when I go to that location in File explorer it says the directory is empty.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help. I have everything on this ROM working and it’s fantastic but have never had a good handle on how to utilize the SD-EXT partition.
    07-07-2012 04:21 PM
2,975 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD