01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    If someone could give me a step by step to set up the SD Ext i'd appreciate it, I'm currently running Cold as Ice from a while back with Canibal Touch Recovery/ I also have Jerry's recovery on my SD card if needed. I will be flashing CM9 Beta later this week, I tried AOKP and it wasn't for me personally. I just need the steps to set it up
    07-07-2012 05:04 PM
    Sorry, another question about moving files to SD-EXT.

SD card portioned as 2GB ext from the recovery . No problems so far. When I go there in File explorer its totally empty right now.

Titanium backup has all my old apps stored in /SDCARD/TitaniumBackup

1. Do I reinstall apps from Titanium Backup first and then move them to SD-EXT?
    2.Do I need to try and change the restore location in Titanium first? When I search for the file after I restore it in Titanium I can only find the APK in the Titanium folder. When I go the app in Titanium it says its at "/data/appfile name" but when I go to that location in File explorer it says the directory is empty.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help. I have everything on this ROM working and its fantastic but have never had a good handle on how to utilize the SD-EXT partition.
    Sounds like you already have it working.. pretty much if you have an ext partition setup the rom will use it automatically

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    mousergoodwin likes this.
    07-07-2012 05:15 PM
    Sorry, another question about moving files to SD-EXT.

SD card portioned as 2GB ext from the recovery . No problems so far. When I go there in File explorer its totally empty right now.

Titanium backup has all my old apps stored in /SDCARD/TitaniumBackup

1. Do I reinstall apps from Titanium Backup first and then move them to SD-EXT?
    2.Do I need to try and change the restore location in Titanium first? When I search for the file after I restore it in Titanium I can only find the APK in the Titanium folder. When I go the app in Titanium it says its at "/data/appfile name" but when I go to that location in File explorer it says the directory is empty.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help. I have everything on this ROM working and its fantastic but have never had a good handle on how to utilize the SD-EXT partition.
    with these you don't have to mess with the partion the rom does it all on its own and for TB I usually just reinstall it from the play store and as far as accessing it u use es file explorer

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    mousergoodwin likes this.
    07-07-2012 05:21 PM
    with these you don't have to mess with the partion the rom does it all on its own and for TB I usually just reinstall it from the play store and as far as accessing it u use es file explorer

Just so I'm clear, is there any reason the SD-EXT folder appears empty in file explorer? Seems pretty strange to me.
    07-07-2012 05:29 PM
    Has romkeeper been dropped or just put on the back burner for now? I liked the nightly deltas and updated from cm9 bp1 to 3 with it then haven't seen updates

It's on the back burner at the moment. But it won't be long before it's serving up nightly deltas.
    07-07-2012 05:31 PM
    Just so I'm clear, is there any reason the SD-EXT folder appears empty in file explorer? Seems pretty strange to me.
    You'll need a root file manager to see them

inceyet likes this.
    07-07-2012 05:34 PM
    I'm running the CM9 Quattrimus beta, I don't know how to take a screenshot (super noob) I thought at first it was my CPU settings now I'm running 768/245 CONSERVATIVE. I don't if this happens on the AOKP; haven't tested it yet because of reboot issues.
    Two things: You'll probably get fewer reboots if you raise your minimum clock speed to 480. There's considerable discussion in this and other threads about clock speeds, but a good general rule is to start with 480/600 and explore other values carefully. (When I'm at 480/600, I don't get reboots or other such problems.)

Second: the Conservative governor is probably not suited as well to mobile devices as it is to certain kinds of desktop or laptop computers. I think there's a thread on XDA that discusses in depth most of the available governors and their benefits, but you're probably best off using one of those specifically crafted for mobile devices, such as SmartassV2, InteractiveX, SavagedZen. I think there are a few others, but Conservative, OnDemand, Performance, and Powersave were designed with desktops, laptops, and servers in mind, not mobile devices.
    gabraham likes this.
    07-07-2012 05:50 PM
    I fixed my freezing issues by setting the minimum cpu speed to 480MHz.
    I can now run at 600MHz... If I set the minimum back to 245MHz it will freeze within 10 minutes.

Seems strange that doing that fixed it.
    May seem strange, but if you do a little searching around the Optimus V forums, you'll find countless posts that say about the same thing, and posts by some of our luminaries, such as LeslieAnn, noting that our hardware is not designed to be clocked at such slow speeds. Clocking capabilities are largely a hardware issue; our hardware doesn't seem to be cut out for it.

We might try convincing TDM to either set our clock speeds to 480/600 or noting in the OP or his informational page that most people's OVs become more stable with these speeds as a basis. I have a suspicion that a lot of us install the ROM and leave the speeds at their defaults, and then get frustrated with an unstable system that doesn't need to be that way.
    07-07-2012 06:17 PM
    What's with all the EXT questions? :l

07-07-2012 06:24 PM
    @tdm: I know you removed the swag papers from AOKP, but I think I recall you saying you were going to post them separately. Is that on the agenda still, or is that possibility excluded by the license, or what? No big deal, of course, I'm sure I could pull them from another ROM, but I was just curious. Thanks!
    07-07-2012 06:28 PM
    @tdm: I know you removed the swag papers from AOKP, but I think I recall you saying you were going to post them separately. Is that on the agenda still, or is that possibility excluded by the license, or what? No big deal, of course, I'm sure I could pull them from another ROM, but I was just curious. Thanks!
    Yeah I just haven't gotten around to it yet. It was kind of a pain in the past but I'm moving to automated scripts, so it's a one time expense now.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-07-2012 06:35 PM
    AOKP:

i am randomly being booted off my home network, when i go to check my wi-fi settings my home network shows up as being 'out of range'

i have to disable/enable wifi to solve the issue.
    07-07-2012 06:54 PM
    stupid question but will this rom work with the optimus slider
    07-07-2012 07:04 PM
    AOKP:

i am randomly being booted off my home network, when i go to check my wi-fi settings my home network shows up as being 'out of range'

That's the same problem I've had on every ICS rom

07-07-2012 07:15 PM
    AOKP:

i had the same problem then i downloaded "Advanced Wifi Lock" from the market and it fixed the problem
    Mack07018 and droiddekka like this.
    07-07-2012 07:15 PM
    Two things: You'll probably get fewer reboots if you raise your minimum clock speed to 480. There's considerable discussion in this and other threads about clock speeds, but a good general rule is to start with 480/600 and explore other values carefully. (When I'm at 480/600, I don't get reboots or other such problems.)

Second: the Conservative governor is probably not suited as well to mobile devices as it is to certain kinds of desktop or laptop computers. I think there's a thread on XDA that discusses in depth most of the available governors and their benefits, but you're probably best off using one of those specifically crafted for mobile devices, such as SmartassV2, InteractiveX, SavagedZen. I think there are a few others, but Conservative, OnDemand, Performance, and Powersave were designed with desktops, laptops, and servers in mind, not mobile devices.
    i have been running my phone at 729 and have not had one reboot yet
    07-07-2012 07:20 PM
    stupid question but will this rom work with the optimus slider
    No but I have a slider and I plan to support it soon. Watch the slider forum for details.
    07-07-2012 07:24 PM
    I'm stumped on the WiFi hotspot problem. I've been at it almost 3 weeks.it's probably some kernel issue. Patiently waiting to see what tdm does with the p700 kernel. I tried. .

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-07-2012 08:06 PM
    I'm stumped on the WiFi hotspot problem. I've been at it almost 3 weeks.it's probably some kernel issue. Patiently waiting to see what tdm does with the p700 kernel. I tried. .

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    You still get a thanks!

And I think this new kernel in general is going to be the fix for most, if not all problems in this ROM.

Its really not the Libs/Frameworks/Apps its mostly the modules, shell, and kernel. We just need to hope, and give good luck to tdm to see if he can work his magic on the p700 kernel source
    07-07-2012 08:12 PM
    Having issues with 3g on both my phones running cm9 beta1. Rebooting seems to fix it. Do you think this is a kernal issue. Also when I have that issue my bars are not blue.

07-07-2012 08:29 PM
    Having issues with 3g on both my phones running cm9 beta1. Rebooting seems to fix it. Do you think this is a kernal issue. Also when I have that issue my bars are not blue.

Strange issue... 3g had been working good for me long before beta... full wipe and reflash?

07-07-2012 10:02 PM
    whats the best way to get my voice search BUTTON working again? i tried editing system/usr/keylayout/thunderc.keypad.kl but all it did was bork my home key.

what am i missing here?
    07-07-2012 11:48 PM
    Drew is helping with the ics kernel. He has it compiling but it won't boot yet.
    tcrider84, mlson, inceyet and 4 others like this.
    07-08-2012 12:00 AM
    Running AOKP version...I am running into a lot of "insufficient space" whenever I want to download something...I don't have anything new from when I was on the IHO ROM, and it's a pain in the *** because although I have a smoother running phone with ICS, I can't install any new apps/themes. I can't really delete anything else either, since I use all the apps I currently have installed. Everything else is great though!
    07-08-2012 12:05 AM
    Running AOKP version...I am running into a lot of "insufficient space" whenever I want to download something...I don't have anything new from when I was on the IHO ROM, and it's a pain in the *** because although I have a smoother running phone with ICS, I can't install any new apps/themes. I can't really delete anything else either, since I use all the apps I currently have installed. Everything else is great though!
    You need an ext partition for this ROM. There is not enough internal memory for more than a small handful of apps.

sent from my un-dead sammich
    07-08-2012 12:10 AM
2,975 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD