01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Hey TDM, as much as I have NO developing experience at all, I saw Gannon's Porting tutorial and feel up to the challenge to port a ROM to the Optimus V, preferably ICS based. Though I know a GB ROM would be /way/ easier to port, after having ICS, I just can not force myself back to 2.3 at all. Could I use Beta 1 of Quattrimus as a base (with all credit to you for the base, if i succeed?) for my port attempt?
    I really don't like porting, I feel compiling from sources is more proper and safer. But if you want to try, go for it.
    TauSigmaNova and topdawg661 like this.
    07-09-2012 11:42 AM
    I really don't like porting, I feel compiling from sources is more proper and safer. But if you want to try, go for it.
    Not to de-rail the topic, but it's nice every once in a great while to take a tiny break away from ETAs and repetitive posts of issues / bugs. Would you recommend someone wait for AOSP to use as a base instead of CM9? Makes sense in my head, but I'm also not a developer.
    07-09-2012 12:10 PM
    here's the newest bootanimation from AOKP..http://aokp.co/index.php/news

@tdm i pulled this from the AOKP milestone 6 update that came out yesterday. I noticed they have a lot of fixes implemented into the newest build. I know your super busy with the kernel and everything else. But if you havent seen this yet, it may help some things...
    Ive tried to resize the images, but its not playing..so here is the original for the p990. its close in size, its a little off to the right..oh well
    07-09-2012 12:57 PM
    here's the newest bootanimation from AOKP..AOKP | News

@tdm i pulled this from the AOKP milestone 6 update that came out yesterday. I noticed they have a lot of fixes implemented into the newest build. I know your super busy with the kernel and everything else. But if you havent seen this yet, it may help some things...
    Ive tried to resize the images, but its not playing..so here is the original for the p990. its close in size, its a little off to the right..oh well
    It's probably not playing because you probably pulled the images from the zip, resized them, and stuck them back in the zip. Am I right? If so, that's the wrong way to do it. You need to zip the folder they're in using 7zip... better yet, just google "How to make a bootanimation"
    07-09-2012 01:06 PM
    AOKP boot animation will be fixed in the next nightly.
    07-09-2012 01:22 PM
    Keep in mind, I know NOTHING about this at all. My goal
    -Go ahead, tell me I'll fail, I'm aware. Even experienced Devs probably would struggle with this, let alone someone with absolutely ZERO. ZERO development for Android knowlege-
    But, I digress. With the sources apparently available and google at my fingertips, I'm gonna try to mix Jellybean and ICS somehow. It's gotta be possible somehow, even if in limited changes.

;_;
    07-09-2012 02:27 PM
    Sorry for the double, but TDM
    I'm gonna start with porting over the apps.
    Is it enough to do just the /system/apps folder or do I also need the /system/framework to get it just to boot
    07-09-2012 03:46 PM
    It's always cool to hear about another user's plans to tackle development or porting, but to prevent too much off topic discussion, it would be awesome if you could continue this via private message, a new thread, or maybe a post in the Building Your Own ROM thread would help you out. Thanks!
    topdawg661, inceyet, tdm and 2 others like this.
    07-09-2012 03:48 PM
    Sorry for the double, but TDM
    I'm gonna start with porting over the apps.
    Is it enough to do just the /system/apps folder or do I also need the /system/framework to get it just to boot
    Again:

I don't do ports.
    I don't recommend ports.
    Please don't discuss ports in this thread.

Thanks!
    07-09-2012 04:12 PM
    Yeah, definitely, sorry about that. I'll take it to PMs for now.

Congrats on making Moderator, Cole!
    cole2kb likes this.
    07-09-2012 04:12 PM
    Iloader is not working on beta. It's was working in alpha but now it just fc.
    07-09-2012 04:14 PM
    just an idea reguarding iptables until we get the new kernel, i realize i did things kindve backwards, but perhaps the way to go about it would be to use the ics iptables and update the kernel's iptables related files to match. idk why i did it backwards, im left handed, maybe that has something to do with it. lol. also by saying this im just shooting an idea i might work on, not asking anything of tdm, #1 priority is new kernel, im just looking to update what we have until we get something better ^.^
    07-09-2012 04:45 PM
    Got the kernel to compile and now it's on to figuring out why it won't boot. It appears the crash is in decompress_kernel(), which is just about the earliest thing that is called. Gotta check memory setup and stuff.
    07-09-2012 07:23 PM
    just an idea reguarding iptables until we get the new kernel, i realize i did things kindve backwards, but perhaps the way to go about it would be to use the ics iptables and update the kernel's iptables related files to match. idk why i did it backwards, im left handed, maybe that has something to do with it. lol. also by saying this im just shooting an idea i might work on, not asking anything of tdm, #1 priority is new kernel, im just looking to update what we have until we get something better ^.^
    Yeah absolutely. Take everything netfilter related from an ICS kernel and drop it into mine. See what happens...
    07-09-2012 07:33 PM
    is there a reason youtube works on cm9 but not aokp?loved aokp but really need youtube
    07-09-2012 07:47 PM
    is there a reason youtube works on cm9 but not aokp?loved aokp but really need youtube
    Kappacat found a huge clue, check the vortex thread and give him lots of thanks
    07-09-2012 08:30 PM
    Is mobile hotspot fixed yet??? I need it for school!
    07-09-2012 08:39 PM
    Not yet but it will

~Vortex Corporation~
    07-09-2012 09:01 PM
    Just a friendly reminder that "Partition SD Card" REALLY DOES partition your SD card!

... I wasn't thinking and I just deleted 3 years of baby pictures... Proof that even once you know what you're doing you still make dumb mistakes...
    droiddekka likes this.
    07-09-2012 09:20 PM
    Just a friendly reminder that "Partition SD Card" REALLY DOES partition your SD card!

... I wasn't thinking and I just deleted 3 years of baby pictures... Proof that even once you know what you're doing you still make dumb mistakes...
    Ouch. Bum deal

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-09-2012 09:45 PM

Tried image recovery programs?
    07-09-2012 09:58 PM
    Tried image recovery programs?
    I really figured there was no hope... Anything you'd recommend?
    07-09-2012 10:00 PM
    Ouch. Bum deal

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    There is an application on the internet to retrieve data from erased SD cards just do a thorough Google search

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    07-09-2012 10:01 PM

Good luck with that sir, I know my girlfriend would kill me if I ever did anything like that. You might want to consider using something like Dropbox in the future to automatically upload your photos. It's a nice feeling to have a failsafe.
    07-09-2012 10:30 PM
    ironically, I just backed up my music last week... but ya know... it was taking a long time to transfer the files so I thought "Well I'll just backup the rest later..."

Hindsight 20/20...
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-09-2012 10:38 PM
2,975 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD