01-05-2016 04:35 PM
2,975 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Alright, potential noob question here - sorry if this has already been asked and answered, this forum's search feature sucks. How come /data/data is not moved to the sd-ext along with /data/app and the dalvik-cache? I was surprised to find today that I was down to like 20mb on the data partition because the data directories from a few apps (notably Netflix and Dolphin Browser) were using a lot of space.

I worked around the problem for now by clearing Dolphin cache and uninstalling Netflix since it doesn't work under ICS anyway, but it seems like only a matter of time before /data/data fills up the data partition.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to have a separate partition for data, so you would need one ext for apps and one ext for data. There is some info about it over on the xda thread, as well as the old quattrimus alpha thread

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-11-2012 11:45 AM
    Checking out the changelog for 20120711, and there appears to be only one change (by @tdm) that might affect use, but I'm not exactly sure what that change means:

What exactly does this mean? When I see a change like this, I'm usually inclined to not bother flashing. It doesn't look like an important change, but I thought I'd ask first.
    now I could be wrong, but tdm said something yesterday about a change in the branch that broke his nightly compile so he had to fix it? It could be from that?
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-11-2012 12:18 PM
    Anyone figure out how to get a working data toggle on aokp? It's no big deal but would be super convenient. Considering all of the other features the lack of a simple data toggle is kinda aggravating, especially when one is depicted in the toggles settings. Lol
    Use the airplane mode toggle. It works for me. Where I work has great signal strength but horrible data. So I use wifi. And when I disconnect from wifi it doesn't always pick up 3g. So I toggle airplane mode and it comes back

07-11-2012 12:23 PM
    just use a root capable file explorer and move fb and such from system/app to sd/ext, reboot... or delete them from system/app and reinstall from playstore... they should move automagically...
    I gave it a look using ES File Explorer with root enabled and I didn't see any of the apps I listed about in system/app . I tried to look in /sd-ext but didn't see anything except a few subdirectories. I think I read that there is some permissions issues when trying to view files in /sd-ext?

I also tried removing one of the apps and reinstalling from playstore and it ended up the same: no way to move to sd/phone. I'm pretty confused.
    07-11-2012 01:38 PM
    Works for me, too. I don't seem to have microbes, at least in my phone...

Same here on the S version of aokp. The preview for microbes won't even work.

bubbles is working for me but microbes has never worked on my phone which sucks cuz id like to use it

Bubbles an the unicorn work fine. Microbes not working here either. It won't display the preview. I just tried to set it and it flashed a few times then went to the default.

Thanks guys. I can't even get bubbles to work. It just says unfortunately bubbles has stopped working. And microbes doesn't even show the preview as well. Just wanted some confirmation. Thanks

Sent from my Decomposing Quattrimized AOKP OV.
    07-11-2012 02:17 PM
    I need a link for this rom please
    07-11-2012 02:43 PM
    I need a link for this rom please
    first post.

Sent from my Quattrimus ICS Optimus V
    topdawg661 likes this.
    07-11-2012 02:53 PM
    first post.

Yes it is I have browsed this forum many times over in the past and always found what I needed. I have no access to a PC and could use a link.
    07-11-2012 02:55 PM
    Originally Posted by ItsMoo
    first post.

Yes it is I have browsed this forum many times over in the past and always found what I needed. I have no access to a PC and could use a link.
    Don't need a PC just get from the op or use goo.im and get it from there

07-11-2012 03:04 PM
    I gave it a look using ES File Explorer with root enabled and I didn't see any of the apps I listed about in system/app . I tried to look in /sd-ext but didn't see anything except a few subdirectories. I think I read that there is some permissions issues when trying to view files in /sd-ext?

I also tried removing one of the apps and reinstalling from playstore and it ended up the same: no way to move to sd/phone. I'm pretty confused.
    plug your phone into the pc sd & ext should both pop up...
    inceyet likes this.
    07-11-2012 05:19 PM
    @tdm, how is the kernel work going?

Did you get the kernel to decompress yet?
    Haven't had much success yet. I got frustrated and started back on the merge from gingerkernel. Except this time I'm going one release at a time, and with an eye on the p700 kernel as I go.

I'm working on 2.6.36 now. When it's done, I'll update the ROM. Then the same with 2.6.37, 2.6.38, 2.6.39, 3.0, and finally ICS.

In the meantime, I am also tweaking the p700 kernel to see if I can get it to work.

So the two kernels will converge at some point.
    07-11-2012 06:05 PM
    Alright, potential noob question here - sorry if this has already been asked and answered, this forum's search feature sucks. How come /data/data is not moved to the sd-ext along with /data/app and the dalvik-cache? I was surprised to find today that I was down to like 20mb on the data partition because the data directories from a few apps (notably Netflix and Dolphin Browser) were using a lot of space.

I worked around the problem for now by clearing Dolphin cache and uninstalling Netflix since it doesn't work under ICS anyway, but it seems like only a matter of time before /data/data fills up the data partition.
    Because /data/data holds system data also. So if you pull your sdcard with it relocated, you basically get a factory reset. I might implement this as an option if lots of folks are running out of space with sdext, but it's kinda risky.
    Anonymo and s13-d like this.
    07-11-2012 06:08 PM
    Checking out the changelog for 20120711, and there appears to be only one change (by @tdm) that might affect use, but I'm not exactly sure what that change means:

What exactly does this mean? When I see a change like this, I'm usually inclined to not bother flashing. It doesn't look like an important change, but I thought I'd ask first.
    Merge remote-tracking branch means that they changed the same file that I did, and the changes were merged. The relevant changes should be just below that entry.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-11-2012 06:09 PM
    I'm working on 2.6.36 now. When it's done, I'll update the ROM.
    Got about 2/3 done today, so maybe 2.6.36 will be ready tomorrow.
    07-11-2012 07:09 PM
    one quick question , to flash nightly do we flash the first one or the latest one.
    This is my first time flashing nightly.
    07-11-2012 07:20 PM
    Got about 2/3 done today, so maybe 2.6.36 will be ready tomorrow.
    Not sure if it is fixed but my videos don't play and a lot of the stuff I download from internet seems to download double and even upload double not sure if it just me and what's been done with the new update I wanna stay up to date but can't flash every day... and good job on the work

07-11-2012 07:21 PM
    one quick question , to flash nightly do we flash the first one or the latest one.
    This is my first time flashing nightly.
    just flash the lastest after you do the usual wipe/format... an sd/ext is highly advised...
    joerivera17 likes this.
    07-11-2012 07:33 PM
    Cab anyone confirm native hotspots is working in the latest nightly? Thanks alot,

07-11-2012 07:36 PM
    Haven't had much success yet. I got frustrated and started back on the merge from gingerkernel. Except this time I'm going one release at a time, and with an eye on the p700 kernel as I go.

I'm working on 2.6.36 now. When it's done, I'll update the ROM. Then the same with 2.6.37, 2.6.38, 2.6.39, 3.0, and finally ICS.

In the meantime, I am also tweaking the p700 kernel to see if I can get it to work.

So the two kernels will converge at some point.
    GEH! Run of bad luck i guess...

Either way we just need a newer kernel to possibly fix all the durp. Lets face it, its mostly because our kernel is facing some software aging, so either way we need a new one.

And who knows, this one might fix most, if not all of our glitches!

Keep your head up tdm! You got this far, I know u can finish it! Full faith in you buddy!

You have the full Optimus Dev/user team behind you! We will do what we can for you!
    07-11-2012 07:41 PM
    Cab anyone confirm native hotspots is working in the latest nightly? Thanks alot,

Shouldn't be. But it will likely be fixed with the ics kernel based on what I've heard.
    inyourface09 likes this.
    07-11-2012 07:44 PM
    I'm having a problem, and I hope someone can help with it. I put Quattrimus beta on my V, and now I cannot boot into recovery. Whether I try reboot menu recovery option or power + vol up, it boots into Quattrimus. For that matter, power off reboots into Quattrimus - I have to pull the battery to power down. I'd like to try a newer ROM and gapps, but if I can't boot into recovery ...

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Sounds related to the no-charging/cannot power off issues that some of us have. See Post #7384 in the archived thread (I'll migrate that to this thread when I have time).

For now, three followup questions:

Q. Does it properly power off if you disconnect the power/USB cable before doing "Power off"?
    Q. If so, does it automatically startup as soon as you plug in the power cable?
    Q. Does your phone charge, i.e. does the battery icon indicate charging?
    07-11-2012 08:02 PM
    Sorry, I'm a newbie here. I'm using Quattrimus Beta 1 and it's been working great, but today I was changing the lock screen settings and I somehow ended up with a lock screen that won't let me unlock my phone. I chose the option that lets you have a normal lock screen before it shows the pattern unlock screen and I was looking at the different styles, when I must have done something wrong. Now all I get is a lock screen with the time and battery usage and there is no way to unlock it. I tried reinstalling the ROM and that didn't undo the problem. I was wondering if there is anything else I can do other than wiping and starting over. I appreciate any help I can get with this.
    07-11-2012 08:26 PM
    Sorry, I'm a newbie here. I'm using Quattrimus Beta 1 and it's been working great, but today I was changing the lock screen settings and I somehow ended up with a lock screen that won't let me unlock my phone. I chose the option that lets you have a normal lock screen before it shows the pattern unlock screen and I was looking at the different styles, when I must have done something wrong. Now all I get is a lock screen with the time and battery usage and there is no way to unlock it. I tried reinstalling the ROM and that didn't undo the problem. I was wondering if there is anything else I can do other than wiping and starting over. I appreciate any help I can get with this.
    You probably unselected make pattern visible. Just slide your finger across the screen where the lock normally is and it should unlock. Same thing if you actually created a pattern. Otherwise you're gonna have to start over

monepone likes this.
    07-11-2012 08:33 PM
    You probably unselected make pattern visible. Just slide your finger across the screen where the lock normally is and it should unlock. Same thing if you actually created a pattern. Otherwise you're gonna have to start over

I tried what you suggested, but no luck. It's just the regular lock screen with the time/date/battery showing, not the pattern unlock screen (which I would imagine would be just a blank screen). I tried swiping from the bottom center to the right where the lock/unlock target would normally be and that doesn't work either. Thanks for your help. I guess I'll just have to start from scratch.
    07-11-2012 08:43 PM
    I tried what you suggested, but no luck. It's just the regular lock screen with the time/date/battery showing, not the pattern unlock screen (which I would imagine would be just a blank screen). I tried swiping from the bottom center to the right where the lock/unlock target would normally be and that doesn't work either. Thanks for your help. I guess I'll just have to start from scratch.
    Pull down your notification bar on the lockscreen and Press the settings icon. It will bypass the lockscreen and then you can fix it in the settings. This happened to me too.
    monepone and strabo231 like this.
    07-11-2012 08:48 PM
2,975 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD