01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Pull down your notification bar on the lockscreen and Press the settings icon. It will bypass the lockscreen and then you can fix it in the settings. This happened to me too.
    I already wiped, but thanks for the info... Maybe it will help someone else having the same problem. I think I tried to pull down the notification bar because I got an email while I was trying to unlock it and it wouldn't come down. Anyway, thanks again.
    07-11-2012 10:02 PM
    Well, I guess it should be a bug report anyway. If you switch your lockscreen style to Honeycomb, the option to unlock it and any other shortcuts on there completely disappear. Just tried it and sure enough, it happened again and I had to unlock by going to settings in the notification bar.
    07-11-2012 10:11 PM
    okay sorry for the newb question. I installed cm9 and everything is great. I see that to get voice search to work I need to delete the apk. So my question is this

do I unzip the gapps.zip and delete the voicesearch.apk file and then rezip things and flash gapps.

is it too late to get voice search working if I already flashed gapps?

thanks for the help. Looks great.
    07-11-2012 10:31 PM
    Cab anyone confirm native hotspots is working in the latest nightly? Thanks alot,

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    native hotspots have not been officially fixed. I've gotten them to partially work using a custom compile but functionality is less than useable still. Best bet is to wait for tdm to finish the new kernel.
    07-11-2012 10:33 PM
    Tdm will want a 3.0 kernel before he starts jellybean. It will make the transition alot easier since it uses the same kernels. Its hard to build a 3.0 kernel for our phone because there is no officially supported device with our chip sets. Be patient everybody, when the 3.0 kernel is ready, it will make a huge improvement on ics which will make jellybean that much more awsome

sent from my Nokia 5110
    HurrrDurrrDURP and LeoLawliet like this.
    07-11-2012 11:24 PM
    Sorry, I'm a newbie here. I'm using Quattrimus Beta 1 and it's been working great, but today I was changing the lock screen settings and I somehow ended up with a lock screen that won't let me unlock my phone. I chose the option that lets you have a normal lock screen before it shows the pattern unlock screen and I was looking at the different styles, when I must have done something wrong. Now all I get is a lock screen with the time and battery usage and there is no way to unlock it. I tried reinstalling the ROM and that didn't undo the problem. I was wondering if there is anything else I can do other than wiping and starting over. I appreciate any help I can get with this.
    Same thing happened to me. I had to call myself from another phone answer it and while in call hit Home button then go into settings and change lock screen. Sounds stupid but it worked.
    07-11-2012 11:24 PM
    I learked on Bobzhomes change log(love you still bobzhome and your cm7 kernel) and he overclocked the gpu!!! Is that possible on our phones including our gpu chips are low quality?
    07-11-2012 11:41 PM
    Tdm will want a 3.0 kernel before he starts jellybean. It will make the transition alot easier since it uses the same kernels. Its hard to build a 3.0 kernel for our phone because there is no officially supported device with our chip sets. Be patient everybody, when the 3.0 kernel is ready, it will make a huge improvement on ics which will make jellybean that much more awsome

sent from my Nokia 5110
    I talked to him about the kernel and JB and he said that the kernel will be the least of my worries (that kind of scares me lol). im trying to build with the .35 kernel
    07-11-2012 11:52 PM
    I thought I would let you know that the speakerphone option doesn't seem to work it only makes the sound quieter. Also sounds don't seem to be too loud in general can they be boosted? And there seems to be a lot of reboots when using navigation. I have the Virgin Mobile Optimus V just for further info.
    07-12-2012 12:16 AM
    Just flashed the 711 build and it just kept rebooting had to get off and go back to gtr...btw my card is partioned and I didn't even get a chance to oc..... the boot animation is WAY better 100% great job tdm :thumbup::thumbup: is that happening to anyone else

tdm likes this.
    07-12-2012 01:09 AM
    Well, I guess it should be a bug report anyway. If you switch your lockscreen style to Honeycomb, the option to unlock it and any other shortcuts on there completely disappear. Just tried it and sure enough, it happened again and I had to unlock by going to settings in the notification bar.
    Honeycomb works perfect for me. Honeycomb never had shortcuts though, did you set any?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-12-2012 02:14 AM
    Honeycomb works perfect for me. Honeycomb never had shortcuts though, did you set any?

No, I just saw that guy's post and remembered it happening to me too, so I went messing around with them again to see which one was doing it. The culprit was Honeycomb. Simply switching to that style makes my lock disappear. Someone in the S thread is having the same problem.
    07-12-2012 02:24 AM
    Odd. What happens if you reflash.

Flashed the 07-11 nightly. I no longer have those random reboots
    Also, what boot animation were you talking about?

07-12-2012 02:52 AM
    Odd. What happens if you reflash.

Flashed the 07-11 nightly. I no longer have those random reboots
    Also, what boot animation were you talking about?

I think they were talking about aokp

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-12-2012 03:35 AM
    Great rom but I've noticed a bug in manage apps: the bar at the bottom for free /used space is inverted. Used space is free space and free is used. Any way to fix that?
    07-12-2012 03:45 AM
    Great rom but I've noticed a bug in manage apps: the bar at the bottom for free /used space is inverted. Used space is free space and free is used. Any way to fix that?
    Not a bug. Its just as it is. Blue is the used spaced, grey is free.

07-12-2012 03:49 AM
    I think they were talking about aokp

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Yes. It works perfect for me. :/

I have bad reception on ICS roms, stops me from using it.

sellers86 and inceyet like this.
    07-12-2012 03:51 AM
    How do you install the nightly downloads ....I'm new to all of this ..plus my phone keeps rebooting and freezing up
    07-12-2012 05:35 AM
    I'm running aokp will leaving my screen density on 340 hurt anything I kinda like it

07-12-2012 05:45 AM
    I'm running aokp will leaving my screen density on 340 hurt anything I kinda like it

I doubt it would hurt anything. What does the OV screen look like at 340? Can you post a screenshot? I set mine down to 140 and kind of like it.
    07-12-2012 05:53 AM
    How do you install the nightly downloads ....I'm new to all of this ..plus my phone keeps rebooting and freezing up
    Do you have it overclocked? Mine is pretty stable as long as I don't OC more than 729.
    07-12-2012 05:56 AM
    It just feels cleaner smoother an if I at 340 its says its xhpdi so can I use themes for xhpdi phones?

07-12-2012 07:01 AM
    It just feels cleaner smoother an if I at 340 its says its xhpdi so can I use themes for xhpdi phones?

No. Thats LDPI. XHDPI would be 120-130 maybe. I know 140 is perfect for HDPI.

Update: Rom locked up on me when downloading an app from the store.

Update2: My reception hit rock bottom. Going back to gingerbread :o

07-12-2012 07:40 AM
    No. Thats LDPI. XHDPI would be 120-130 maybe. I know 140 is perfect for HDPI.

Update: Rom locked up on me when downloading an app from the store.
    It actually works as xhdpi because that is an xhdpi density. I've used that density and it works but it is better to use the lower density.
    07-12-2012 08:28 AM
    It actually works as xhdpi because that is an xhdpi density. I've used that density and it works but it is better to use the lower density.
    Can you apply XHDPI themes at a density so huge?

Do NOT change your DPI to 250+(It could be 220+ or so)

You won't be able to get off the lockscreen.

07-12-2012 08:29 AM
2,975 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD