01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    to anyone that dl'd the modified build.prop previously, im sorry if your experiencing some rr's...
    ive been experiencing a few myself so i checked the build.prop and i had forgotten to adjust a few values... the build.prop has been fixed so please redownload if you would like to use it... sorry for the inconvience everybody...
    inceyet, dingermtb and Badboytoast like this.
    07-13-2012 03:51 PM
    Google is your friend.
    And its pretty straight forward..
    Copy all of your sdcard contents to your computer, reboot into recovery, partition sdcard,choose a size(in megabytes), then copy everything back to your sdcard, and you're done.

No need to reflash the rom, and making a nandroid would be kinda pointless, it only partitions your sdcard, not your phone.

sent from my un-dead sammich

07-13-2012 03:53 PM
    The bt is a current issue for some and plus what are you oc at I suggest interactivex 600/480 I haven't had any rr except when I mess with the oc

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!
    i dont use bluetooth at all tho.

seems like if disable and then re-enable mobile data that i can switch between 3g/wifi without any problems...is that the only fix there is?
    07-13-2012 04:13 PM
    Is the new kernel in this nightly?
    07-13-2012 04:23 PM
    Is the new kernel in this nightly?
    Yeah each of his nightly have the newest edition and I think that's what he's doing till the ics kernel is done

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!
    07-13-2012 04:58 PM
    Google is your friend.
    And its pretty straight forward..
    Copy all of your sdcard contents to your computer, reboot into recovery, partition sdcard,choose a size(in megabytes), then copy everything back to your sdcard, and you're done.

I did notice an issue with using a cheap/no name micro sd card for an sd-ext partition. After switching out for name brand (PNY) microSD my reboot problems went away.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-13-2012 06:35 PM
    hi everybody im new to the whole hackin of mobile devices i just started tryin to flash roms on my LG-VM670 with a older version 2.2.1 and ive flashed a couple of roms but can not find one that works without bein faulty. are their any roms that actually work right everyone rom i done flashed either all my contacts didnt show up , wi-fi didnt work, or the app store didnt work. please help im tired of my lil optimus bein out dated
    07-13-2012 07:14 PM
    to anyone that dl'd the modified build.prop previously, im sorry if your experiencing some rr's...
    ive been experiencing a few myself so i checked the build.prop and i had forgotten to adjust a few values... the build.prop has been fixed so please redownload if you would like to use it... sorry for the inconvience everybody...
    Haven't had a rr yet, but loving this mod. Seems to make AOKP faster and smoother. I was using CM9 because it felt smoother on my phone, but figured i'd give your build.prop a shot. I'm now back on AOKP. This is awesome: )

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    clodfelterac likes this.
    07-13-2012 07:17 PM
    Every app I try to install I get "package file is invalid". Any ideas? CM9 beta 1(not nightly). Not any specific app, just about all of them.
    07-13-2012 07:23 PM
    hi everybody im new to the whole hackin of mobile devices i just started tryin to flash roms on my LG-VM670 with a older version 2.2.1 and ive flashed a couple of roms but can not find one that works without bein faulty. are their any roms that actually work right everyone rom i done flashed either all my contacts didnt show up , wi-fi didnt work, or the app store didnt work. please help im tired of my lil optimus bein out dated
    If your new to flashing roms then this one might not be ready for you. Try using Mirages IHO rom and remember you must flash the corect gapps.
    07-13-2012 07:29 PM
    I challenge that last statement, because we are now at least three persons with charging/power-related issues.

I've tried to troubleshoot this as best as I can; see Post #7384 in the archived thread (I'll migrate that to this thread when I have time). It would be useful if anyone with similar problems can confirm if they experience the exact same problems, or if they differ slightly.

A late update (not in that post): Twice (out of probably 30 flashes) I did indeed manage to get the charging going (always directly after a fresh ROM flash). However, after unplugging the power cable a few times, it would no longer charge whatever (rebooting, wiping cache, reflashing) I tried.. The 2nd time I got it to working, I didn't touch the phone and I confirmed that it did indeed charge (from 35-100%). To me it appears that there is some kernel(?) process that is in charge (pun not intended) of charging and that it is very unstable or not detecting the input current on our phones. Everything else works great with this ROM.

Please read Post #7384 before asking what I've tried; it contains lots of information.

Thanks,

Henrik

I did in fact read this post before I even asked for help. I did a search which brought me to that thread. I tried everything you did and I had no problems charging on the cm7 roms, but when I got to this rom again it still wouldn't charge. I have wiped everything. I was using an older recovery but updated to the cannibal 1.2 recovery. I still had 0 luck.

I have had zero problems ever going from rom to rom and then I hit this problem. I can't seem to figure out what the deal is with the charging.

when in cannibal open touch this is the process I used.

wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    wipe system, data, cache
    advanced ---> wipe dalvik cache
    mounts and storage ---> format (boot, system, data, cache)

Then I flash the rom, then flash gapps

is there anything I am missing that I need to wipe.

should I format the sd-ext?
    should I mount or unmount anything?

Thanks for any help. I really love this rom and I don't really want to go back to cm 7.2 with all the cool features on ICS.

Thanks for all you guys do.

Kyle
    07-13-2012 07:48 PM
    Something that may help improve battery life is using the SmartassV2 CPU governor. Set your clocks to ???/122. After I had mentioned it in the VS660 thread, a user replied and stated that after using the SmartassV2 governor he had experienced much better battery life and has not had any lag that he had experienced before and that it felt like a different device.

"One thing about the smartass governor is that when the screen is off it will lower the maximum CPU frequency, which on our device I believe will be either 320MHz, or if your minimum CPU frequency is above that, it will use that instead. That could explain how it is helping with battery."
    07-13-2012 07:58 PM
    I did in fact read this post before I even asked for help. I did a search which brought me to that thread. I tried everything you did and I had no problems charging on the cm7 roms, but when I got to this rom again it still wouldn't charge. I have wiped everything. I was using an older recovery but updated to the cannibal 1.2 recovery. I still had 0 luck.

I have had zero problems ever going from rom to rom and then I hit this problem. I can't seem to figure out what the deal is with the charging.

when in cannibal open touch this is the process I used.

wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    wipe system, data, cache
    advanced ---> wipe dalvik cache
    mounts and storage ---> format (boot, system, data, cache)

Then I flash the rom, then flash gapps

is there anything I am missing that I need to wipe.

should I format the sd-ext?
    should I mount or unmount anything?

Thanks for any help. I really love this rom and I don't really want to go back to cm 7.2 with all the cool features on ICS.

Thanks for all you guys do.

Kyle
    As a work around you can charge while in recovery. Or possibly when it's off.

07-13-2012 07:59 PM
    id advise the /ext... i only have 55 apps and it still helped me... my internal used is 19mb... ics takes up a lot of space... youll see... :-)
    07-13-2012 08:02 PM
    id advise the /ext... i only have 55 apps and it still helped me... my internal used is 19mb... ics takes up a lot of space... youll see... :-)
    I'd advise this as well, the system needs more space to breath. Remember the system make LARGE caches of its apps, so that 1 MB app might expand into 3MB after the cache!
    07-13-2012 08:20 PM
    As a work around you can charge while in recovery. Or possibly when it's off.

The phone will not charge in recovery

and if the phone is off and I plug it in then the phone will turn on by itself.

Also the phone is not recognized by the computer.
    07-13-2012 08:36 PM
    hey about the bluetooth hardcoded mac bug: there was a patch made to fix that a while ago--

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post1787344

was made for iho but the code should work reguardless. it alters these two files:

brcm_patchram_plus.c
    bdaddr_read.c

which are device/vendor specific and shouldnt have any effect on the rest of the rom

edit:

brcm_patchram_plus.c changes were already implemented in the default ics cm android_system_bluetooth repo. only bdaddr_read.c needs updating. I've forked cm_android_system_bluetooth gingerbread branch and applied the changes to see the differences in case it needs to be ported elsewhere:

Gingerbread brcm_patchram_plus.c changes

baddr_read.c ics changes
    I don't like that approach, I believe the vendor btld binary reads the bt, mac. I just haven't had time to look at it.
    tcrider84 likes this.
    07-13-2012 09:03 PM
    Getting close with the 2.6.36 kernel. They made some changes to the arm code that cause failed boots. I've almost got it tracked down.

Maybe, just maybe, fixing this will let the p700 kernel boot...
    07-13-2012 09:08 PM
    Getting close with the 2.6.36 kernel. They made some changes to the arm code that cause failed boots. I've almost got it tracked down.

Maybe, just maybe, fixing this will let the p700 kernel boot...
    >Maybe, just maybe, fixing this will let the p700 kernel boot
    >>fixing this will let the p700 kernel boot
    >>>let the p700 kernel boot
    >>>>p700 kernel boot
    >>>>>boot

[HL]YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES[/HL]

I KNEW U COULD DO IT TDM!!!!
    andrewnelson23 and sellers86 like this.
    07-13-2012 09:25 PM
    Somebody really wants that p700 kernel
    HurrrDurrrDURP likes this.
    07-13-2012 09:53 PM
    Somebody really wants that p700 kernel
    I just have a feeling deep down its going to be the solution to all of the current ICS problems, and throw us right into a RC.

I just know deep down its just the GingerKernel showing its age.
    07-13-2012 09:57 PM
    I just have a feeling deep down its going to be the solution to all of the current ICS problems, and throw us right into a RC.

I just know deep down its just the GingerKernel showing its age.
    The fact that its actually a modded froyo kernel as well....
    07-13-2012 10:04 PM
    no its not... lol. its a modified gingerbread kernel. froyo kernels are .32
    07-13-2012 10:08 PM
    I thought it was a modded ls670 gingerbread kernel?
    07-13-2012 10:11 PM
    I mean 2.6.35 - 3.0 had A LOT of memory management upgrades, along with a HUGE I/O overhall. So having a native 3.0 kernel will probably make ICS work, the cause of the random reboots and other DURP is from memory errors in the first place. So having the kernel ICS was made for will probably make it run at its full capacity !!
    07-13-2012 10:13 PM
2,975 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD