01-05-2016 04:35 PM
2,975 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    I just made an /ext. And WOW! It did everything all by itself. Also flashed the new nightly(hadn't updated since like July 2nd) but it's SO fast! I dont know if it's the nightly's or the /ext, or if maybe amphetamines is starting to really churn some gears, but something happened and now its BLAZING fast. Love it!
    tdm likes this.
    07-13-2012 10:59 PM
    Enable tile rendering:
    Tile rendering is a more efficient form of GPU composition, and boosts performance since each frame is split into tiles.
    [TWEAKS][ICS] ICS/CM9 performance tweaks! [UPDATED] - xda-developers

ive also noticed that ro.max.fling_velocity= can go higher so im going to try 12000
    and add ro.min.fling_velocity=8000
    List Of Some Build.prop Tweaks
    Just an updata thanks to this post and the cm9 tweaks I an able to turn Bluetooth ON and OFF with out a reboot! I add all the tweaks ,except for the no boot image ! Thanks coldfelterac! YouTube is starting to play a little like a video instead of the slide show!
    I am about to try your build.pro will report back

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    clodfelterac likes this.
    07-13-2012 11:32 PM
    tdm, do you know why voice search(gapps 4/29) does not work when flashing a new rom and why it must be uninstalled and installed as a user app instead from play store?
    07-14-2012 12:58 AM
    Is any one else album cover not showin up on apollo?
    07-14-2012 02:40 AM
    Is any one else album cover not showin up on apollo?
    Mine didn't

07-14-2012 02:51 AM
    Needing a change in my optimus's life, so I'm gonna download the newest build. But one question, Is aokp beta1pre1 the newest or cm9 beta1pre3?

07-14-2012 02:58 AM
    ^^
    Nightly aokp

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    braxton355 likes this.
    07-14-2012 03:20 AM
    Still no wifi hotspots fix?
    07-14-2012 03:28 AM
    Still no wifi hotspots fix?
    Dude, this has been answered a trillion times.

NO.
    NYET
    NADA
    NEGATIVE.

On almost every page prior it is mentioned. There is as of now no NATIVE hotspots. Use Barnacle until the 3.0 kernel where it might be fixed.

Also, I think it is a known issue about Apollo. Neither my Tab 10.1 or Optimus show Album covers and when they do they're pixelated as all hell.
    topdawg661 likes this.
    07-14-2012 06:23 AM
    I get real good album covers, more than I originally had they usually show up only when I listen to a song from the album when connected to data/internet though, but after they show up they are there for good. Even appear on lockscreen. Everything works amazingly, really looking forward to future milestones but would be happy as a clam if production stopped dead!
    07-14-2012 07:40 AM
    -snip-
    Error checking needs to be disabled via dalvik otherwise the dalvik value will override the build.prop ones. You'll have to put this:

Code:
    dalvik.vm.checkjni=false
    ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
    ro.kernel.checkjni=0
    which includes the other two you'd normally put there to completely disable checking.

Also, the comment for purgable assests is incorrect; it does not give a faster reboot just frees up more RAM during regular usage. Faster reboots can be achieved with:

Code:
    persist.sys.shutdown.mode=hibernate
    which changes your shutdown mode from completely shutting off to simply hibernate.

As for theheap values, it's a bit different with ICS now. Heapstartsize is your starting heap for apps. Heapgrwothlimit is the maxiimum an app can grow for RAM, and lastly heapsize itself is the limit before the OS starts garbage collecting.

Windowsmgr value has a max limit of 300. 500 will just get cut to 300.

I'm noticing a huge deal of tearing scrolling around so I'm gonna see if I can work around with buiild.prop, otherwise maybe tdm can enable vsync in the code if it's off.

Last thing for me I'm going to fiddle with the composition type. Our GPU can't handle the GPU value so test aorund with copybit (value of "dyn") and see if there's any changes in performance. Otherwise, mdp will do just fine. I don't think our phones support the c2d value so I'll just mess around with dyn for now.
    clodfelterac likes this.
    07-14-2012 08:00 AM
    I must be exceptionally lucky. I've been running 245/806 interactiveX for a week or two with no reboots or notable stability issues. I'm still on the 7/2 nightly because I figured I could wait for the next larger milestone/update (kernel!) to reflash. Barnacle tether is working great. Battery life (even without something like juicedefender) is very good... Easily solid enough for a daily driver.

The folks with the charging issue need to get together and figure out what they have in common... different recovery? Unusual/off-brand SD cards? Aftermarket AC charger? Something about their wipe/flashing ... There must be *something* different because most of us aren't having any problems and the hardware itself only comes in 2 versions.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
    07-14-2012 08:12 AM
    I must be exceptionally lucky. I've been running 245/806 interactiveX for a week or two with no reboots or notable stability issues. I'm still on the 7/2 nightly because I figured I could wait for the next larger milestone/update (kernel!) to reflash. Barnacle tether is working great. Battery life (even without something like juicedefender) is very good... Easily solid enough for a daily driver.

The folks with the charging issue need to get together and figure out what they have in common... different recovery? Unusual/off-brand SD cards? Aftermarket AC charger? Something about their wipe/flashing ... There must be *something* different because most of us aren't having any problems and the hardware itself only comes in 2 versions.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
    You should upgrade and see if you have any noticable speed improvements? Mine was fast on the 7/2 nightly, but last night I flashed last night's nightly and WOAH. It's lightning fast.
    07-14-2012 08:28 AM
    I get real good album covers, more than I originally had they usually show up only when I listen to a song from the album when connected to data/internet though, but after they show up they are there for good. Even appear on lockscreen. Everything works amazingly, really looking forward to future milestones but would be happy as a clam if production stopped dead!
    Really..what build are you on? i'm on cm9 bata 1
    07-14-2012 10:52 AM
    Switching to cm9 nightly is better how?
    07-14-2012 10:55 AM
    Error checking needs to be disabled via dalvik otherwise the dalvik value will override the build.prop ones. You'll have to put this:

[code]dalvik.vm.checkjni=false
    ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
    ro.kernel.checkjni=0

which includes the other two you'd normally put there to completely disable checking.
    thankyou... i have adjusted/added the values...

Also, the comment for purgable assests is incorrect; it does not give a faster reboot just frees up more RAM during regular usage. Faster reboots can be achieved with:

Code:
    persist.sys.shutdown.mode=hibernate
    which changes your shutdown mode from completely shutting off to simply hibernate.
    thankyou... i have edited the comment and added the line...

As for theheap values, it's a bit different with ICS now. Heapstartsize is your starting heap for apps. Heapgrwothlimit is the maxiimum an app can grow for RAM, and lastly heapsize itself is the limit before the OS starts garbage collecting.
    thankyou... this is what i thought... i dont see any problems with the values... 32m has been recommended over and over for the best experience from my research...

Windowsmgr value has a max limit of 300. 500 will just get cut to 300.
    thankyou... i have adjusted the value...

I'm noticing a huge deal of tearing scrolling around.
    this is what initially got me to mess with the build.prop... i was hoping
    ro.max.fling_velocity=12000
    ro.min.fling_velocity=8000
    would help and from my experience it has... its better than what it was... but is still noticible...
    this is by far the best experience ive had with aokp thus far and i know sooner or later itll all be worked out thanks to the sharing of knowledge, and excellent devs and community we have here... :-)

the edited build.prop has been attached for those who would like to use it... directions on page 26/post #638... the attachment on that post has been updated also...

*attachment removed... new values netted three rr's within five minutes...*
    dingermtb and inceyet like this.
    07-14-2012 11:37 AM
    Really..what build are you on? i'm on cm9 bata 1
    same build, cm9 beta 1
    Like I say I have to play the song with data connected and I think it only works if I have Apollo open at the time but it does work
    07-14-2012 12:16 PM
    i've almost got the aokp beta set up perfectly!

480/748 performance
    barnacle
    quikpic
    nova launcher
    the new version of TIbu is working nicely also

the voice search button would be cool to have back...any way to do that? i already tried the 'button remapper' it was useless.
    07-14-2012 04:35 PM
    use tb to uninstall the voice search app and then go to the play store and download voice search.
    07-14-2012 04:46 PM
    i've almost got the aokp beta set up perfectly!

480/748 performance
    barnacle
    quikpic
    nova launcher
    the new version of TIbu is working nicely also

the voice search button would be cool to have back...any way to do that? i already tried the 'button remapper' it was useless.
    Any rr and how about browsing also which version you on?

Edit: well you must be one of the lucky ones I just tried that combo and instant rr oh well ...600/480 interactiveX is stable for me no rr even while browsing btw I'm on the 7/12 nightly

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!
    07-14-2012 04:51 PM
    @clodfelterac
    Did you get that build prop updated I saw that you had needed to make some edits . Wanted to try it out. Thanks

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!
    andrewnelson23 likes this.
    07-14-2012 04:55 PM
    use tb to uninstall the voice search app and then go to the play store and download voice search.
    exactly but i want to get the voice button (next to the Camera button) working again.

has anyone done that yet?

07-14-2012 06:04 PM
    exactly but i want to get the voice button (next to the Camera button) working again.

has anyone done that yet?

It brings up the previous apps like holding the home button does. Just tried it.
    Badboytoast likes this.
    07-14-2012 06:33 PM
    ^wow! what an awesome feature! i can't believe that was hiding right under our noses...
    07-14-2012 07:07 PM
    It brings up the previous apps like holding the home button does. Just tried it.
    Wow I didn't know that! Since it was not working on cm7 I never used it till I read your post!

07-14-2012 07:17 PM
2,975 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD