01-05-2016 04:35 PM
2,975 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    Pure curiosity over what was commented. I use that function allot so it will help me.
    07-14-2012 08:00 PM
    I would like that voice button to do something else...I use the home button to open previous apps....and yes I knew about this feature already
    isntanything and droiddekka like this.
    07-14-2012 08:12 PM
    @clodfelterac
    Did you get that build prop updated I saw that you had needed to make some edits . Wanted to try it out. Thanks

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!
    im working on it... ive been experimenting with values and variations on on the tweaks... i lost (inadvertently deleted) the prop i had made previously when cleaning up my desktop (workspace)... so i made another one and have been trying to get it all ironed out... a.i. said he was gonna mess with it too, so he may have something in the works... or not... ill post it when i get it done and tested... :-)
    07-14-2012 09:18 PM
    Murphys law is kicking my butt on the kernel project.

Good news, I found the commit that breaks booting.

Bad news, it's a huge merge that changes hundreds of files.

So I'll need to sort that out manually unless I can find the individual commits in the linus tree.

A lesser dev would have given up, but Drew had to go and ask Ricardo Cerquiera about it so now I have to prove it can be done.
    07-14-2012 10:40 PM

So I'll need to sort that out manually unless I can find the individual commits in the linus tree.

A lesser dev would have given up, but Drew had to go and ask Ricardo Cerquiera about it so now I have to prove it can be done.
    Thank u for all the hard work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    07-14-2012 10:49 PM

I would've given up when it wouldn't compile... lol. I can not read kernel errors

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-14-2012 10:54 PM

Dear god... good luck my friend
    07-14-2012 11:51 PM
    Btw, jb kernel is 3.1.10. Thats so close to ics @ 3.0.8, I'm sure it will be doable.
    07-15-2012 12:55 AM
    Btw, jb kernel is 3.1.10. Thats so close to ics @ 3.0.8, I'm sure it will be doable.
    Will it work on ics? Probably the dumbest question I've ever asked.

07-15-2012 12:58 AM
    What can I do about battery drain?..my battery went from full to 46% in less than 2 hours with only bout 20 texts sent..says. screen on is using 74% of my battery...I lock my screen when not in use and have brightness down all the way
    07-15-2012 01:37 AM
    It's not unlikely that it would work; I don't know about Android kernels specifically, but at least with Linux in general, a system that is compatible with one kernel is compatible with kernels of similar versions. It gets tricky with proprietary device drivers, since their code is, well, proprietary (and therefore not available for devs to study or change). Since devices that commonly use proprietary drivers often provide us with graphics and wireless connectivity, and since they (proprietary devices) are likely to be officially compatible with only one kernel (or a small range of kernel versions), it's conceivable that it's more trouble than it's worth. On the other hand, if the kernels don't break anything that those proprietary drivers depend on, and if our hardware is still fully supported in the kernel (not unlikely ), it is pretty likely that a newer kernel can be used in ICS.
    sellers86 likes this.
    07-15-2012 02:01 AM
    It's not unlikely that it would work; I don't know about Android kernels specifically, but at least with Linux in general, a system that is compatible with one kernel is compatible with kernels of similar versions. It gets tricky with proprietary device drivers, since their code is, well, proprietary (and therefore not available for devs to study or change). Since devices that commonly use proprietary drivers often provide us with graphics and wireless connectivity, and since they (proprietary devices) are likely to be officially compatible with only one kernel (or a small range of kernel versions), it's conceivable that it's more trouble than it's worth. On the other hand, if the kernels don't break anything that those proprietary drivers depend on, and if our hardware is still fully supported in the kernel (not unlikely ), it is pretty likely that a newer kernel can be used in ICS.
    That's probably the longest "maybe" statement I've read thus far.

And about the 7/14 aokp nightly, I think the SD ext script might be broken, none of my apps load, but when I flash back to 7/13 aokp nightly, all of my apps are there.
    Just thought I'd mention that, since no one else has..

sent from my un-dead sammich
    Sollsun and Badboytoast like this.
    07-15-2012 02:44 AM
    That's probably the longest "maybe" statement I've read thus far.
    I suppose I am rather talented with maybes... Perhaps.
    Compeek and bornagainpenguin like this.
    07-15-2012 03:32 AM
    The phone will not charge in recovery

and if the phone is off and I plug it in then the phone will turn on by itself.

Also the phone is not recognized by the computer.
    Just for others who follow this: These are documented issues in Post #7384.

Can someone confirm that the VM670 phone is able to charge in Recovery mode, e.g. Cannibal Open Touch v1.2? I doubt it myself, but if it does for someone that is a giant clue for troubleshooting.
    07-15-2012 10:35 AM

Almost surely. But there is no need. The best setup is to have a matched system.
    07-15-2012 10:51 AM
    Something that may help improve battery life is using the SmartassV2 CPU governor. Set your clocks to ???/122. After I had mentioned it in the VS660 thread, a user replied and stated that after using the SmartassV2 governor he had experienced much better battery life and has not had any lag that he had experienced before and that it felt like a different device.

"One thing about the smartass governor is that when the screen is off it will lower the maximum CPU frequency, which on our device I believe will be either 320MHz, or if your minimum CPU frequency is above that, it will use that instead. That could explain how it is helping with battery."
    Seeing as how my post was completely ignored, here it is again...

FYI, I have not had a single random reboot on this ROM at all. I have not done anything to my build.prop either.

EDIT: Also, seeing all you people running stuff like 600/480 on InteractiveX (not specific to anybody, just an example) and complaining about battery life and possible random reboots just makes me facedesk.
    lesheifner and nitestalkr like this.
    07-15-2012 10:52 AM

Your stubbornness is a benefit to us all.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-15-2012 10:53 AM
    @clodfelterac
    Looking forward to your new build.prop. I was using yours from the other day. Had no rr's, but my phone kept freezing when typing or clicking on the market. Switched back to the original build.prop, and it's no longer freezing.
    07-15-2012 11:35 AM
    you can try this one if youd like... seems ok but ive still noticed a visual artifact here and there... im gonna dl the latest nightly in a bit and ill keep messing with the prop... but theres only so much that it can do... let me know what you find... ;-)

*** DO NOT flash this zip... extract it... the file is inside***
    make a nandroid if you dont already have one... extract the file and place it in /system after you rename/whatever the original... boot to recovery>wipe cache/dalvik>reboot

-edited 07172012...
    07-15-2012 12:05 PM
    I got 1900, 2320, and 1893 on Antutu Benchmark test. I'm at the number 1 spot in the Optimus V rankings.
    Aww yeah.

Thanks for all the hard work tdm! Awesome Rom.

btw, what governor do you guys recommend?
    tdm likes this.
    07-15-2012 12:26 PM
    Probably in the wrong spot, sorry, but any thoughts on a JB release for the Optimus V/S?

Oh, and BTW I'm loving the rom! Only a reboot about once a week otherwise all is well. Thanks.
    07-15-2012 01:23 PM
    Probably in the wrong spot, sorry, but any thoughts on a JB release for the Optimus V/S?

Oh, and BTW I'm loving the rom! Only a reboot about once a week otherwise all is well. Thanks.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ughts.html#anb
    07-15-2012 01:29 PM
    I got 1900, 2320, and 1893 on Antutu Benchmark test. I'm at the number 1 spot in the Optimus V rankings.
    Aww yeah.

Thanks for all the hard work tdm! Awesome Rom.

btw, what governor do you guys recommend?
    What build you on and what are you oc to get those kind of numbers

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!
    07-15-2012 02:47 PM
    What build you on and what are you oc to get those kind of numbers

I am on the latest nightly: 7/15
    Using No-Frills Cpu to overclock.
    On performance governor
    Using Minimum: 768 MHz
    Maximum: 768 MHz
    inceyet likes this.
    07-15-2012 03:52 PM

Okay I don't know what was going on but I found how to get the individual commits. There are 8456 commits between my "good" and "bad" points. So it should take about a dozen tests to narrow it down from here. That's not bad at all, really. I can probably do that tomorrow.

If anyone is an expert at driving git, here's what I saw previously:

Code:
    git log --reverse upstream/korg/linux-2.6.36.y | grep "^commit"
    commit a99d17966cfa65cd1767cbddb209166c18fedc74
    commit 6e57559022a2c6e3decfb77a228f8a354ac23ba1
    And this shows the 8456 commits between the above:

Code:
    git log --reverse a99d17966cfa65cd1767cbddb209166c18fedc74..6e57559022a2c6e3decfb77a228f8a354ac23ba1 | grep "^commit"
    I haven't been using git for very long so maybe there's something I'm overlooking, but that seems strange and, dare I say it, wrong.
    07-15-2012 03:55 PM
2,975 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD