01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    do i have to download all of those
    The only ones you HAVE to have are the ones included in Gapps. Voice search is the only one you need to download from the link.

EDIT: Voice search is included in Gapps also, you are just replacing one with the other.
    07-20-2012 09:15 PM
    I was talking about voice dialer and not voice search. I ended up installing the dialer from betapre3 and all is good again.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    07-20-2012 10:50 PM
    Voice dialer and voice search = 2 different things.
    07-20-2012 11:20 PM
    Just tried this again for the first time since alpha. I'm simply blown away at how quick everything is! The last several ics roms I tried all had some cumulative lag, and this doesn't.

thus he spake.
    tdm and joerivera17 like this.
    07-21-2012 12:00 AM
    Can you tell us what changes you made / what this should do?
    07-21-2012 12:28 AM
    What is the difference between cm9 and aokp? I'm wanting to try something different...my battery life sucks and I'm running advance task killer...still 50% battery drain in a few hours
    07-21-2012 01:56 AM
    What is the difference between cm9 and aokp? I'm wanting to try something different...my battery life sucks and I'm running advance task killer...still 50% battery drain in a few hours
    aokp has more customization options... and unicorns... ;-)
    07-21-2012 02:07 AM
    Ooooh I like unicorns..lol....imma try it...
    Worse comes to worse I just re-flash

Do I need to install gapps with the aokp?
    07-21-2012 02:09 AM
    anyone running aokp care to try a new modded build.prop?...
    (nandroid beforehand)<--- in case you dont like it for whatever reason...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdk73aicug6134e/build.prop
    feedback is appreciated... :-)

-attached a list of added/adjusted lines/values from the 0715aokp nightly...

found here:
    Geek Yogi Android - build.prop tweaks (Root Only)
    So do I just flash this on top or by its self or put the build prop in myself. Plz excuse that noob question but if I'm gonna get knee deep into the dev community which I do I need to learn as much as possible. Thank s

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-21-2012 02:19 AM

Do I need to install gapps with the aokp?
    Yes, with all ics roms. The google legal department won't let us include it.
    07-21-2012 02:20 AM
    07-21-2012 02:32 AM
    Yes, with all ics roms. The google legal department won't let us include it.
    Even aosp? I think its a bunch of crap anyways.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    TauSigmaNova likes this.
    07-21-2012 02:33 AM
    Even aosp? I think its a bunch of crap anyways.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    All ICS roms.. some devs do take the risk and include gapps, and often Google doesn't do anything about it, but there's always that small chance where Google will take action.

sent from my un-dead sammich
    sellers86 likes this.
    07-21-2012 03:26 AM
    So do I just flash this on top or by its self or put the build prop in myself. Plz excuse that noob question but if I'm gonna get knee deep into the dev community which I do I need to learn as much as possible. Thank s

If its a flash able zip, then you flash over your current rom. Always back up before you flash.

sent from my un-dead sammich
    inceyet likes this.
    07-21-2012 03:28 AM

replace the original... added directions to post...
    07-21-2012 03:36 AM
    anyone running aokp care to try a new modded build.prop?...
    (nandroid beforehand)<--- in case you dont like it for whatever reason...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdk73aicug6134e/build.prop
    feedback is appreciated... :-)

-attached a list of added/adjusted lines/values from the 0715aokp nightly...

found here:
    Geek Yogi Android - build.prop tweaks (Root Only)

* goes in system/ (in place of original)
    * rename original .bak (in case you want to go back to the original and you didnt make a nandroid)
    Gonna try when i wake up. I'll report back. BTW, love your build props, ao i'm sure this will be just as awesome: )

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    clodfelterac likes this.
    07-21-2012 03:39 AM
    Gonna try when i wake up. I'll report back. BTW, love your build props, ao i'm sure this will be just as awesome: )
    dont thank me, thank tdm... all i did was add/adjust some stuff i found... :-)
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-21-2012 03:50 AM
    Would your adjusted build prop be fine on cm9? I don't like aokp
    07-21-2012 08:06 AM
    Es file explorer won't let me change anything system related... .it has root access checked, I just can't modify... any ideas?

Edit: got it! Trying now
    07-21-2012 08:28 AM
    To all those Netflix people out there, I might have found a solutuion! I'm going to test it out tonight, but I'm fairly certain it'll work WITHOUT HARDWARE ACCELERATION.
    monepone and nitestalkr like this.
    07-21-2012 08:37 AM

So far so good. Seems a lot faster, though I did wipe cache/dalvik. I almost can't tell that my data was throttled last week!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    clodfelterac likes this.
    07-21-2012 08:54 AM
    Another thought I had was to make hybrid roms.

The only differences in roms between the thunderc models are:

boot.img
    system.prop
    Mms.apk

If I can pack up all versions of each of these and create a script to install the appropriate file set at install time, that would reduce the traffic by almost 2/3.

And if I can find a way to build template versions of these and replace the values after the build, that would reduce the build time by almost 2/3.
    Here's a way to make one build tdm.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1461712
    Its called aroma installer. I'm thinking this is what your wanting to do.
    07-21-2012 09:42 AM
    To all those Netflix people out there, I might have found a solutuion! I'm going to test it out tonight, but I'm fairly certain it'll work WITHOUT HARDWARE ACCELERATION.
    If you can figure out how to get it working you'd be my bestest friend lol..even on PC it is soooo out of sync...drives me nuts...considering canceling my Netflix account
    07-21-2012 10:18 AM
    If you can figure out how to get it working you'd be my bestest friend lol..even on PC it is soooo out of sync...drives me nuts...considering canceling my Netflix account
    Well the fix is mainly just to get the picture working. On ics, hardware acceleration doesn't work. So, while trying Netflix, you can get audio, but no picture. My fix is to show the picture and play the audio without hardware acceleration.

I'm not sure about the syncing picture and audio, I don't know how good it'll be. I guess we'll see! I don't think it'll be too bad.
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-21-2012 10:36 AM
    So far so good. Seems a lot faster, though I did wipe cache/dalvik. I almost can't tell that my data was throttled last week!

Gonna try it now. I'm in the same boat. Throttled last week, lol.

07-21-2012 10:57 AM
2,975 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD