01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    TDM I'm down for the idea! I got 2 gig. partition since ICS works great. I'm ready for any you through out! Your roms awesome! We all thank you and all other devs that work hard and long countless hours on these roms!! Thank you to all rom porters too!!
    tdm likes this.
    07-22-2012 03:38 PM
    I'm a noob and to be honest I don't know much when it comes to all this but something I noticed while sitting in front of my laptop and saving bookmarks to my phone ...they automatically appears in my bookmarks on the laptop....that's kinda cool...but annoying at the same time...guess that's what happens when you link your android to your Google account...lol...but all my old PC bookmarks went poof!
    You can stop syncing bookmarks by going into system settings, accounts & sync, choose google account in question, uncheck box next to sync browser. Hope it helps
    07-22-2012 03:48 PM
    If this is the route we are taking all of us should get fast SDcards. I am looking into a 16gb class 10.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-22-2012 04:17 PM
    But i dont hav a computer available

This Song Rocks:
    Forever Given Forever You
    By: Evanescence
    You can't do it without one. It formats the sdcard.
    07-22-2012 04:23 PM
    Ok i know it dose that but do cant i just make 1 with out all the sd card data and just get it all back

This Song Rocks:
    07-22-2012 04:29 PM
    He can do it in recovery don't need a computer

Get Google drive backup everything
    07-22-2012 05:44 PM
    Real quick here guys. Just thought I would share since you guys were talking about buying sd cards. Just saw in the suggested for you section of my Amazon account a Sandisk Ultra HC 16 GB class 10 for 16.45 with free shipping. Carry on :-P

nitestalkr likes this.
    07-22-2012 05:48 PM

But i dont hav a computer available

This Song Rocks:

He needs to backup.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-22-2012 05:50 PM

Do i need to mount the sdext

This Song Rocks:
    07-22-2012 05:51 PM

He needs a computer to get the contents of his sdcard back... without one, everything that was on his sdcard (like photos, music, nandroids, other content), will be gone.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    07-22-2012 05:51 PM
    He needs to backup.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Y

This Song Rocks:
    07-22-2012 05:52 PM
    He needs a computer to get the contents of his sdcard back... without one, everything that was on his sdcard (like photos, music, nandroids, other content), will be gone.

But i dont really care about that and do i need to mount the sdexit

This Song Rocks:
    07-22-2012 05:53 PM
    Do i need to mount the sdext

This Song Rocks:
    No. If you are in recovery create the partition, wipe the dalvik, and boot the phone. The phone will mount the ext and move the files on its own

07-22-2012 05:54 PM
    If this is the route we are taking all of us should get fast SDcards. I am looking into a 16gb class 10.

I'm thinking about getting a 32GB soon.. my 16GB fills up too fast, not sure what class it is,(4 or 6?? Or other Sh**ty Walmart San disk class.) But it does work well enough for ICS.
    Either way, I'm perfectly fine with using an ext for jb. Been using one since I rooted back in august and used link2sd with BACKside, so its nothing Im worried about, its become the norm for me.

07-22-2012 05:56 PM
    No. If you are in recovery create the partition, wipe the dalvik, and boot the phone. The phone will mount the ext and move the files on its own

Ok thank u and do i need the sd card back up

This Song Rocks:
    07-22-2012 05:57 PM

Google Drive install from market to phone backup everything then he can partition in recovery
    jto101680 likes this.
    07-22-2012 06:02 PM
    Ok i parated it and i wiped dalvik an booted but now it says i have a damaged sd card so i reformated it do i re-partition it

This Song Rocks:
    07-22-2012 06:11 PM
    Google Drive install from market to phone backup everything then he can partition in recovery
    After partitioning the card, he won't be able to install the ROM.... because the ROM image would have been downloaded to the phone's SD card, and partitioning the card erases everything on the card.

Unless he downloads the ROM, installs it, then partitions the card - but after partitioning, the ROM image will be erased.

It's very risky to flash a ROM, especially a nightly, without a backup. What if the ROM install fails and he can't install Google Drive because the phone won't boot? Better safe than sorry... and without a computer, there isn't any backup.

Better idea would be to flash the ROM, get a BRAND NEW SD CARD, swap it out with the old one, save the old card as a physical backup in case there are any problems, then partition the new SD card.
    07-22-2012 06:19 PM
    After partitioning the card, he won't be able to install the ROM.... because the ROM image would have been downloaded to the phone's SD card, and partitioning the card erases everything on the card.

Unless he downloads the ROM, installs it, then partitions the card - but after partitioning, the ROM image will be erased.

It's very risky to flash a ROM, especially a nightly, without a backup. What if the ROM install fails and he can't install Google Drive because the phone won't boot? Better safe than sorry... and without a computer, there isn't any backup.

Better idea would be to flash the ROM, get a BRAND NEW SD CARD, swap it out with the old one, save the old card as a physical backup in case there are any problems, then partition the new SD card.
    Ok so after making a sdexit i cant flash roms

This Song Rocks:
    07-22-2012 06:23 PM
    You can still flash ROMs, but only if you're still able to boot your phone. Sometimes a ROM install won't work, so you always want to keep a nandroid backup on your SD card - you might want to get a second SD card if you ever need to wipe your SD card (like if you need to partition the card to make and sdext).

If your phone boots up and sdext is working, you're good to go!
    07-22-2012 06:26 PM
    You can still flash ROMs, but only if you're still able to boot your phone. Sometimes a ROM install won't work, so you always want to keep a nandroid backup on your SD card - you might want to get a second SD card if you ever need to wipe your SD card (like if you need to partition the card to make and sdext).

If your phone boots up and sdext is working, you're good to go!
    Ok thank you and also google drice u can access from any thing so i can just back up my sd card to that and if it dont wrk i go to my GPA's use his computer and restore it

This Song Rocks:
    07-22-2012 06:30 PM
    How do i know when i have the sdext

This Song Rocks:
    07-22-2012 06:50 PM
    Hey guys..couple things. I was thinking it might be a good idea to start a different thread on the whole sd discussion? Didn't do it yet because I thought I would ask for suggestions as what to name it. Second thing is I created a write up for the thread to explain the background and the process, and thought I'd see if a few of you that already knew how this works wouldn't mind kinda proof reading over it real quick? Don't mean to step on toes. Didn't think anyone would have a problem with getting this off the thread here. Thoughts?
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-22-2012 06:59 PM
    Hey guys..couple things. I was thinking it might be a good idea to start a different thread on the whole sd discussion? Didn't do it yet because I thought I would ask for suggestions as what to name it. Second thing is I created a write up for the thread to explain the background and the process, and thought I'd see if a few of you that already knew how this works wouldn't mind kinda proof reading over it real quick? Don't mean to step on toes. Didn't think anyone would have a problem with getting this off the thread here. Thoughts?
    You could name it The SD Card Thread

This Song Rocks:
    07-22-2012 07:03 PM
    You could name it The SD Card Thread

This Song Rocks:
    Sorry. I should have been a little more specific. I guess I was wanting to know if we should make it a branch of this thread with the rom name included, or just a general thread. Never messed with creating a thread here before.
    07-22-2012 07:06 PM
2,975 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD