01-05-2016 04:35 PM
2,975 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    Yeah I changed the settings.....whew ....my bf keeps getting made cuz he says all I do is play with my phone...now he knows how I felt when he was Modding xboxes and playstations
    Don't worry, my girlfriend, family, and my friends get annoyed with how much time I spend improving my phone, and with how much I talk about it, and they just don't understand the love I have for my widdle V. xD
    Its become more than just a little hobby, its become a way of life at this point.
    I stay up every night, just to flash the latest nightly of aokp, usually 2-4am GMT +7 (or whatever timezone AZ is in).
    I'm probably one of the first to download the fresh nightlies.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    07-22-2012 11:22 PM
    Don't worry, my girlfriend, family, and my friends get annoyed with how much time I spend improving my phone, and with how much I talk about it, and they just don't understand the love I have for my widdle V. xD
    Its become more than just a little hobby, its become a way of life at this point.
    I stay up every night, just to flash the latest nightly of aokp, usually 2-4am GMT +7 (or whatever timezone AZ is in).

So true my mom and grandparents always get mad bcuz all i do is mess with my phone and upgrade it lol
    They dont understand the way we do what we do

This Song Rocks:
    Forever Given Forever You
    By: Evanescence
    inceyet likes this.
    07-22-2012 11:35 PM

I work graveyard shift so i keep coming back to the page all night till the new nightly shows up and I do it at work....I was complaining about my phone not going into deep sleep....but maybe it doesnt because i dont leave it alone long enough for it to lol
    07-23-2012 12:19 AM
    I work graveyard shift so i keep coming back to the page all night till the new nightly shows up and I do it at work....I was complaining about my phone not going into deep sleep....but maybe it doesnt because i dont leave it alone long enough for it to lol
    Yea that's why the deep sleep issue never bothered me, I'm surprised with how much I use my phone, it lasts nearly the whole day, and I put it down for maybe 5-10 minutes tops throughout the day xD
    And when I'm not messing with my phone, its plating music till I start dorking with it again.. and I still squeeze ~15+ hours out of it, running at 844/480 savegedzen. Very rarely it dies on me, but when it does, I just pop in 1 of my 2 spare batteries. And I rarely need either of them.

07-23-2012 12:30 AM
    This is sad, our loved ones being neglected do to the love affair we have with our ov'. I've even passed it on to the next generation when I gave my five year old daughter my old optimus m, she plays with her phone as much as I do with my phone.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2012 12:36 AM
    This is sad, our loved ones being neglected do to the love affair we have with our ov'. I've even passed it on to the next generation when I gave my five year old daughter my old optimus m, she plays with her phone as much as I do with my phone.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Uh oh. I'm working on an OM build.....
    nitestalkr, sellers86 and inceyet like this.
    07-23-2012 12:41 AM
    If I go from CM9 to AOKP do I have to wipe data?
    07-23-2012 12:51 AM
    If I go from CM9 to AOKP do I have to wipe data?
    No, just wipe cache and dalvik, and you're good.
    Its what I do every now and then when I want to test a CM9 only tweak. I use AOKP as my daily, but occasionally switch to CM9 to see how its coming along. I experience 0 problems when only wiping cache and dalvik, when switching between the two.

drymarro likes this.
    07-23-2012 12:52 AM
    Might wanna wipe system too.
    07-23-2012 12:58 AM
    Uh oh. I'm working on an OM build.....
    Just when you think there can't possibly be anymore rabbits in his hat
    07-23-2012 01:04 AM
    Might wanna wipe system too.
    Actually, its not necessary, I used CM9 to disable 270degree rotation, so it would stick in AOKP, I didn't wipe the system partition, and still no issues... its almost like a ghetto hybrid CM9 AOKP quattrimus. Whatever can be changed in CM9 and not AOKP, I make the changes in CM9, wipe cache and dalvik, then flash AOKP and gapps, and the settings stick, with no issues. I think i should have shared this earlier.

And since its basically the same ROM, just different mods, AOKP would overwrite anything that would screw things up in the system partition. Its kinda like flashing an update, as long as its the same OS or ROM, you only need to wipe cache and dalvik cache.

flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-23-2012 01:07 AM
    Actually, its not necessary, I used CM9 to disable 270degree rotation, so it would stick in AOKP, I didn't wipe the system partition, and still no issues... its almost like a ghetto hybrid CM9 AOKP quattrimus. Whatever can be changed in CM9 and not AOKP, I make the changes in CM9, wipe cache and dalvik, then flash AOKP and gapps, and the settings stick, with no issues. I think i should have shared this earlier.

So whene switching cm9 nightlys i have to flash gapps

This Song Rocks:
    07-23-2012 01:10 AM

This Song Rocks:
    Yes, whenever you flash either AOKP or CM9, you always need to flash gapps with it. Along with anything else you usually flash on top of the ROM ie boot animations, system tweaks, etcetera.

07-23-2012 01:13 AM

This Song Rocks:
    If you do a complete wipe, or you are flashing a new rom yes. Along with anything you added like boot animations, etc. If you just wipe dalvik and cache and flash over top with an updated nightly no.
    07-23-2012 01:13 AM
    Actually whenever I've dirty flashed the nightlies for cm9,I lost gapps, so I think you do have to flash that as well.

By the way... Flashers Anonymous, anyone?! Hahahaha
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-23-2012 01:22 AM
    If you do a complete wipe, or you are flashing a new rom yes. Along with anything you added like boot animations, etc. If you just wipe dalvik and cache and flash over top with an updated nightly no.
    Actually, in my experiences, when just installing an update, wiping cache/dalvik, and I don't flash gapps, the market won't work, nor will anything included in gapps. Only way to get em working again was to flash gapps on top of the nightly update.

andrewnelson23 likes this.
    07-23-2012 01:22 AM
    Actually whenever I've dirty flashed the nightlies for cm9,I lost gapps, so I think you do have to flash that as well.

By the way... Flashers Anonymous, anyone?! Hahahaha
    You beat me by fractions of a second xD

07-23-2012 01:23 AM
    You beat me by fractions of a second xD

Win
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-23-2012 01:26 AM
    Actually, in my experiences, when just installing an update, wiping cache/dalvik, and I don't flash gapps, the market won't work, nor will anything included in gapps. Only way to get em working again was to flash gapps on top of the nightly update.

Whene i flashed a bew nightly i didnt flash gapps and every thing still wrked for me

This Song Rocks:
    07-23-2012 01:26 AM
    Hmm strange, especially since Andrew uses CM9 and I use AOKP, and we both experience the same issues when we don't flash gapps during a dirty flash.

07-23-2012 01:31 AM

And since its basically the same ROM, just different mods, AOKP would overwrite anything that would screw things up in the system partition. Its kinda like flashing an update, as long as its the same OS or ROM, you only need to wipe cache and dalvik cache.

I think this may be placebo. Im pretty sure the updater-script is set to wipe system. I havent looked at it thoroughly, but thats what I remember

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-23-2012 01:35 AM
    Whene i flashed a bew nightly i didnt flash gapps and every thing still wrked for me

This Song Rocks:
    Are you sure? To be sure, go to accounts and sync and if your Google account is still there than you haven't lost gapps.
    07-23-2012 01:42 AM
    Are you sure? To be sure, go to accounts and sync and if your Google account is still there than you haven't lost gapps.
    Yhup every thing is still the same

This Song Rocks:
    07-23-2012 01:46 AM
    Yhup every thing is still the same

This Song Rocks:
    Try opening market.

07-23-2012 01:46 AM
    I think this may be placebo. Im pretty sure the updater-script is set to wipe system. I havent looked at it thoroughly, but thats what I remember

AOKP doesn't have any options to disable specific rotations, 0, 90, and 270 are enabled by default in AOKP, but in CM9 you can disable them individually, and that setting stuck when I dirty flashed aokp.
    Its because it doesn't exist in AOKP, so the script doesn't wipe it (if the script wipes anything), and then, only 0, and 90 are rotatable, 270 doesn't rotate.
    So no, its not a placebo. Its the setting persisting from CM9 into AOKP.

07-23-2012 01:48 AM
2,975 ... 4546474849 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD