01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 4748495051 ...
tools
    I use 844/480 savagedzen, but recommend 787/480 savagedzen or anything in the 700 range using savagedzen.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    Gotcha. Thanks man
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-23-2012 03:15 AM
    You bet I am! What's the difference anyway, besides that?
    strabo231 likes this.
    07-23-2012 03:16 AM
    You bet I am! What's the difference anyway, besides that?
    Thekraven removed somethings in his version, and trimmed some of the apps, here's what I'm going to try now: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

07-23-2012 03:19 AM
    Yeah I honestly never broke down the difference either. I know the file size is double from small to regular (24 v. 49.6). Everybody says it works great on the S with CAI, but lots on the V have had problems with it
    07-23-2012 03:23 AM
    Yeah I honestly never broke down the difference either. I know the file size is double from small to regular (24 v. 49.6). Everybody says it works great on the S with CAI, but lots on the V have had problems with it
    I've never had issues with it, other than flashing it every time. But if using the full gapps doesn't require reflashing after each nightly, then I'm going to use the full gapps. Especially since quattrimus uses the sdext script. The small gapps was created before quattrimus had the ext script because of the limited space in early alpha builds. But now that the script is in quattrimus, its safe to use full gapps, especially sense you don't need to reflash every time, it'll save that extra 30 seconds - couple minutes when flashing.

Badboytoast and strabo231 like this.
    07-23-2012 03:47 AM
    OK...I'm still having issues with voice search....I put the gapps zip on my PC...unzipped it..took out voice search apk...rezipped it....put the zip on my SD card and tried to install it and it wouldn't install...I'm doing something wrong
    07-23-2012 05:12 AM
    OK...I'm still having issues with voice search....I put the gapps zip on my PC...unzipped it..took out voice search apk...rezipped it....put the zip on my SD card and tried to install it and it wouldn't install...I'm doing something wrong
    let me guess, you are on windows. lol. I always had problems modifying zip files on windows. My advice would be to leave the zip alone and flash it, download a root capable file explorer off of the market, navigate to system/app, mount R/W, delete the voice search apk, reboot, then install voice search off of the market
    droiddekka and Jesse40219 like this.
    07-23-2012 05:16 AM
    There's no need to unzip it, just open it, and delete the apk, put it back on your SD card, and flash.
    When you unzip it, you need to zip it up using the 'store' zip method instead of the 'compress' zip method.

varockchick likes this.
    07-23-2012 05:22 AM
    Exactly what are you doing when you flash an update, that makes gapps stick?
    The one I tried(you provided) doesn't carry over when I flashed the 7/23 AOKP build.
    All I do is wipe cache and dalvik cache.
    Play store keeps closing before it loads. Same with all other Gapps content and my Google account.

07-23-2012 06:52 AM
    I've never had to reflash gapps on a dirty flash. I just clear cache and dalvik first. The only time i have to is when doing a full wipe. I was using kraken most recently too.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    07-23-2012 07:11 AM
    I've never had to reflash gapps on a dirty flash. I just clear cache and dalvik first. The only time i have to is when doing a full wipe. I was using kraken most recently too.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    I've always had to reflash gapps to get it working again, tried thekravens, and the latest ICS gapps. My account isn't synced to my phone, unless I flash gapps on a dirty flash.
    I wipe cache and dalvik cache, flash quattrimus, and unless I wanna use gapps, I need to flash it too.
    In the year that I've been rooted, I've always needed to flash gapps on top on the ROMs..

07-23-2012 07:16 AM
    Totally noob question.....what is "swagger"?
    07-23-2012 07:47 AM
    Totally noob question.....what is "swagger"?
    Lol...It's just a setting to make you feel awesome. It doesn't actually do anything. Here's the urban dictionary definition:

http://m.urbandictionary.com/#define?term=swagger
    07-23-2012 09:46 AM
    Swagger.
    Something, We, All, Got, Going, Everywhere, Right
    "Swagger is for boys, class is for men."
    Its basically a word, made by "thugs", "gangsters", or other groups of the African American youth in the hip-hop/rap community, to describe their "way with women", or style. It's their "mojo", if you will.
    "Oooh boy, I like that swagger."
    ""He's got so much swagger, he's getting all the ladies!"
    (Changed the above word choice, to be more appropriate.)

Badboytoast likes this.
    07-23-2012 12:21 PM
    Lol...It's just a setting to make you feel awesome. It doesn't actually do anything. Here's the urban dictionary definition:

Urban Dictionary
    ahhhh i see...So if I'm in a really good mood and thoroughly enjoying my newest nightly I can just turn my "swagger" on...lol....I saw that in the toggles and was like WTF is that?
    kappacat likes this.
    07-23-2012 12:33 PM
    ahhhh i see...So if I'm in a really good mood and thoroughly enjoying my newest nightly I can just turn my "swagger" on...lol....I saw that in the toggles and was like WTF is that?
    Careful, once you turn it on, you might not be able to turn it off... I had that issue once, and when I said it while hanging out with some friends, they looked at me and said, "and? What's the problem with that? Why would you WANT to turn odd your swagger?" Then when I mentioned it was my phone, they thought I was crazy!! xD

andrewnelson23 likes this.
    07-23-2012 12:57 PM
    Exactly what are you doing when you flash an update, that makes gapps stick?
    The one I tried(you provided) doesn't carry over when I flashed the 7/23 AOKP build.
    All I do is wipe cache and dalvik cache.
    Play store keeps closing before it loads. Same with all other Gapps content and my Google account.

I wish I had some kind of gratifying answer about this, but I honestly don't. I don't do anthing special to it. I just wipe cache and dalvik, and falsh the new nightly and reboot the phone. Thats it.
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-23-2012 01:19 PM
    I wish I had some kind of gratifying answer about this, but I honestly don't. I don't do anthing special to it. I just wipe cache and dalvik, and falsh the new nightly and reboot the phone. Thats it.
    Ok, thanks for trying though, I don't really mind having to flash gapps each and every time, because like I said, I've always had to do it since day 1 of my flashing saga. Oh well.

07-23-2012 01:27 PM
    Ok im downloading the new cm9 nightly but it didnt stop at 100 its on 115!!!!! What do i do???

This Song Rocks:
    Forever Given Forever You
    By: Evanescence
    07-23-2012 02:17 PM
    Ok im downloading the new cm9 nightly but it didnt stop at 100 its on 115!!!!! What do i do???

This Song Rocks:
    Talk about 115%

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2012 02:19 PM
    Talk about 115%

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    C

This Song Rocks: