01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    Running the latest aokp nightly with no problems. Thanks again tdm.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    tdm likes this.
    07-23-2012 06:36 PM
    Can easily change that with by editing eri.xml in /system/framework/framework-res.apk with a hex editor. If you don't know how a quick google search would be a good idea.
    Yeah, i plan on editing but can be a hassle doing after each nightly. I wish ICS Reloaded would come back.

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2012 06:37 PM
    Yeah, i plan on editing but can be a hassle doing after each nightly. I wish ICS Reloaded would come back.

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Unless tdm adds the option to change the clock position into quattrimus cm9, like in Jerry's BACKside IHO rom, its going to have to suffice. Although, I can make a flash able zip if someone provides the edited files. After all, not every nightly actually has any changes, so the flash able zip SHOULD work, until there are any changes made to the framework-rez.apk, and then I'd need a new set if edited files for the flash able zip.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    07-23-2012 06:48 PM
    Unless tdm adds the option to change the clock position into quattrimus cm9, like in Jerry's BACKside IHO rom, its going to have to suffice. Although, I can make a flash able zip if someone provides the edited files. After all, not every nightly actually has any changes, so the flash able zip SHOULD work, until there are any changes made to the framework-rez.apk, and then I'd need a new set if edited files for the flash able zip.

An edit from the latest cm9 nightly to say un dead sammich. Not sure if everyone would want that but here it is.
    nitestalkr likes this.
    07-23-2012 06:52 PM
    An edit from the latest cm9 nightly to say un dead sammich. Not sure if everyone would want that but here it is.
    Lol, I'd be the only one to use this xD

We were hoping for a change in the clock position to be centered that I could package for everyone to use.

07-23-2012 06:54 PM
    Ah, I don't know how to do that.

This page has a tutorial on how to it seems.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1773930
    07-23-2012 07:11 PM
    Ah, I don't know how to do that.
    Its all good, I'm looking into how to do so myself, but it seems that some files in the cm9 nightly builds, prevent such additional changes to the system menu, unless added in when the ROM is built. Which is why I'm suggesting that tdm adds the option to cm9 quattrimus. Of course that won't be right away, and would take him a few weeks before getting around to it. But I'm sure we can all wait for him to start adding stuff like that to the ROMs, especially after he gets the kernel working.

07-23-2012 07:26 PM
    Been working on a little of this and a little of that today. Poked at the kernel a bit, but still won't boot. Getting close to automated delta builds with romkeeper. And started seriously working on ics for my marquee.

I'll try to find some time to fix some outstanding issues like the bluetooth reboots soon.
    07-23-2012 07:56 PM
    Idk how but im running out of space on my SD card

This Song Rocks:
    Forever Given Forever You
    By: Evanescence
    07-23-2012 08:01 PM

This Song Rocks:
    we cant help you there....
    07-23-2012 08:13 PM

This Song Rocks:
    Using a file explorer, goto your sdcard, and goto the goo manager folder, delete all old builds of quattrimus. I had to do this today too.

07-23-2012 08:15 PM
    Using a file explorer, goto your sdcard, and goto the goo manager folder, delete all old builds of quattrimus. I had to do this today too.

Could it b the sdext

This Song Rocks:
    07-23-2012 08:29 PM
    Could it b the sdext

This Song Rocks:
    Depends, what is your SD card storage size? And how large did you make the sd-ext?? Other than that, sdext doesn't affect your SD cars storage space.

07-23-2012 08:46 PM
    Depends, what is your SD card storage size? And how large did you make the sd-ext?? Other than that, sdext doesn't affect your SD cars storage space.

The sd card size is 2GB and i think i made the ext size the 3digit nber 1 that starts with 1 can i dele the ext

This Song Rocks:
    07-23-2012 08:59 PM
    Alright, so I was attempting to center my clock today with SystemUI edits, but when I tried pushing the modified SystemUI.apk back to my phone, the system wouldn't mount. I would type

Code:
    adb remount
    and I got
    Code:
    remount failed: Operation not permitted
    So instead I had to go through and move the modded SystemUI to my SD Card and type all this:
    Code:
    C:\Users\Casey>adb shell
    shell@android:/ $ su
    su
    shell@android:/ # cd sdcard
    cd sdcard
    shell@android:/sdcard # busybox mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p24 /syste
    m
     /dev/block/mmcblk0p24 /system                                                <
    shell@android:/sdcard # busybox cp SystemUI.apk /system/app
    busybox cp SystemUI.apk /system/app
    shell@android:/sdcard # reboot
    reboot
    Any easier way to push SystemUI?

Also just an off topic question, do SystemUI and framework-res need to be signed before pushing them back? I thought system apps didn't require signing.
    07-23-2012 09:02 PM
    The sd card size is 2GB and i think i made the ext size the 3digit nber 1 that starts with 1 can i dele the ext

This Song Rocks:
    A 2GB sdcard is too small for an ext, much less too small for doing hardly anything with android, try saving up some cash and goto somewhere like Walmart aNd get yourself an 8GB or higher sdcard.
    Other than that, you're going to have to be EXTREMELY ocd about keeping some free space on your sdcard. Not that much will fit on only 2GB, especially with a 128MB partition, or any partition at all for that matter. So either get a larger sdcard, or stick to GB roms till you get one.

07-23-2012 09:04 PM
    A 2GB sdcard is too small for an ext, much less too small for doing hardly anything with android, try saving up some cash and goto somewhere like Walmart aNd get yourself an 8GB or higher sdcard.
    Other than that, you're going to have to be EXTREMELY ocd about keeping some free space on your sdcard. Not that much will fit on only 2GB, especially with a 128MB partition, or any partition at all for that matter. So either get a larger sdcard, or stick to GB roms till you get one.

Ok thank you

This Song Rocks:
    07-23-2012 09:10 PM
    KCLS, did you go into developer settings and give Root Access to both Apps and ADB?

07-23-2012 09:12 PM
    KCLS, did you go into developer settings and give Root Access to both Apps and ADB?
    Yup. Tried with both apps and adb, and just adb. It works if I push it from the SD Card using busybox, but not pushing it straight from the computer.
    07-23-2012 09:26 PM
    Yup. Tried with both apps and adb, and just adb. It works if I push it from the SD Card using busybox, but not pushing it straight from the computer.
    You can try editing/replacing the files within the ROM.zip(do NOT extract it) and then try flashing that..

07-23-2012 09:29 PM
    Weird. If you're running linux by any chance, try killing the adb server and starting it again as root.
    07-23-2012 09:41 PM
    You can try editing/replacing the files within the ROM.zip(do NOT extract it) and then try flashing that..

Well I'm able to push it from the computer, just not as easily as on CM7. Ideally, I should be able to have the file on my computer, and push it to my phone with 2 commands, adb remount, and adb push. Now, though, I have to move the file to my SD Card and go through a whole slew of commands to push it. It's still easier then reflashing the whole ROM though.

Weird. If you're running linux by any chance, try killing the adb server and starting it again as root.
    Unfortunately I'm on windows. Also does the SystemUI need to be signed? Every edit I do seems to make my status bar disappear when it gets replaced.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2012 09:59 PM
    Well I'm able to push it from the computer, just not as easily as on CM7. Ideally, I should be able to have the file on my computer, and push it to my phone with 2 commands, adb remount, and adb push. Now, though, I have to move the file to my SD Card and go through a whole slew of commands to push it. It's still easier then reflashing the whole ROM though.

Unfortunately I'm on windows. Also does the SystemUI need to be signed? Every edit I do seems to make my status bar disappear when it gets replaced.

Try signing the apk to see if that fixes it, if not, the you probably need to edit a different line of code. Try following the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1773930

07-23-2012 10:03 PM
    Try signing the apk to see if that fixes it, if not, the you probably need to edit a different line of code. Try following the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1773930

Yeah, signing the APK was my next thing to try. It's funny, that's the guide I was following. If you look on page 4 and 5, you'll see lots of posts from me :P

07-23-2012 10:13 PM
    Is tgeir a way to delet a a sdext or am i just screwd lol

This Song Rocks:
    07-23-2012 10:21 PM
2,975 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD