01-05-2016 04:35 PM
2,975 ... 5657585960 ...
tools
    I've always noticed a reception difference. In ICS I get timeouts. Froyo, slow download speed, and in GB average VM stuff. :

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-27-2012 09:57 AM
    I've always noticed a reception difference. In ICS I get timeouts. Froyo, slow download speed, and in GB average VM stuff. :

The bars might show up differently, but the dBm will not vary between roms. Its all pschological If you notice any performance difference in signal strength.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-27-2012 10:55 AM
    I too, am in Philadelphia. With ICS I get 1 bar reception in a 2-3 zone area and alot of service timeouts. IMHO, ICS has worse reception.

Normally i get really good reception with ICS, but it does constantly drop everytime we come into Gulf Mills. Dead Zone? It can also be spotty at times at my house, near Allegheny train station. Tower issue? But in Center City and most of the surrounding area, i get excellent reception, and i'm still i'm ZV4.

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    07-27-2012 11:10 AM
    Google searches indicate it does...
    Nope, already running an kernel over clocked to 1.8Ghz.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    07-27-2012 11:37 AM
    How do you install the ROM to the phone (Lg Optimus V).
    07-27-2012 12:34 PM
    I see some of the dates have changed on the "Primary" link page in the OP... does this mean changes have been made to beta 1?
    07-27-2012 12:44 PM
    From the off state reboot in to recovery (vol down, home botten, and power at the same time) if it flashes the lg screen you did it right if it stays a black screen you have to install a recover.img it something pops up saying reboot, factory reset, install zip, etc. Go to factory reset and go to yes than go to install zip from sd than go to choose zip and pick the rom go to yes install than do the same thing to install gapps
    MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT THIS
    In recovery go to back up and restore than go to backup than yes

Song: Understanding
    Band: Evanescence
    07-27-2012 12:49 PM
    Hi tmanrules,

Check this thread, read the first post, that will tell you everything that you need to know:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...m-rom.html#anb

Thanks!
    inceyet likes this.
    07-27-2012 12:58 PM
    STAY AWAY FROM ROM MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!
    Also stick with a iho rom to start off with like mrgs mirage or LeslieAnns harmonia. To get the feel of a rom and tweaks. Also like Cole said read that tread and follow it to a T and you can't go wrong. Good luck

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-27-2012 01:00 PM
    Dose anyone else see this

07-27-2012 01:34 PM
    Also stick with a iho rom to start off with like mrgs mirage or LeslieAnns harmonia. To get the feel of a rom and tweaks. Also like Cole said read that tread and follow it to a T and you can't go wrong. Good luck

Right. I've heard too many people bricking their phones trying to update whatever outdated ROMs are listed there.
    07-27-2012 01:41 PM
    Right. I've heard too many people bricking their phones trying to update whatever outdated ROMs are listed there.
    I briked my phobe so many times with that app i thought it was until i read never use it

07-27-2012 01:55 PM
    Yup I too am a victim of that app but we go in and learn from our mistakes and others as well that's why I love this community

Edit: And back to our regular scheduled programing

07-27-2012 02:15 PM
    My navigation gives strange directions. For example, instead of saying things like, "turn left on Broadway," or "in 500 ft, turn right on State street," it just simply says things like, "turn left," or "turn right." I've looked in the options...nothing to change there. This is the Google navigation app...any suggestions?

07-27-2012 04:20 PM
    all of a sudden i've noticed i've lost some sounds, but i get them when headphones are plugged in, namely screen touch sounds and keyboard keypress sounds. dialer touchtones, notifications, and media all fine through speaker... i'm a bit confused...had just been working, i've rebooted a few times no change, have tried cycling sound modes, and inserting / removing headphones....
    07-27-2012 04:26 PM
    Normally i get really good reception with ICS, but it does constantly drop everytime we come into Gulf Mills. Dead Zone? It can also be spotty at times at my house, near Allegheny train station. Tower issue? But in Center City and most of the surrounding area, i get excellent reception, and i'm still i'm ZV4.

Im in North Philadelphia, and get horrible reception in my house. Outside I get full bars. Im thinking it's just Spint. Worst data speed. :banghead:

07-27-2012 05:27 PM
    What files are for the wifi tethering

07-27-2012 05:33 PM
    Im in North Philadelphia, and get horrible reception in my house. Outside I get full bars. Im thinking it's just Spint. Worst data speed. :banghead:

Yeah, you're pretty close to me and in my house i get all excited when i see 2 bars, which is rare. Normally only 1 bar until i get outside. Ironically, when i'm in the subway, standing and waiting for the train at 13th St i normally get 2 bars until i get on the train, lol. But, at my job, everybody has to go to the lobby areas or outside because nobody gets reception, but i get decent reception throughout the entire building. Seems i get bad reception when it should be good, and good reception when you would think it would be bad.

07-27-2012 06:04 PM
    I'm putting the ics ROM and what all do I need to put on the sd card?
    07-27-2012 06:52 PM
    For best results: copy the contents of your sd-card to your PC, format your sd-card in recovery, adding an ext partition, but no swap partition, copy the ROM, gapps, and whatever else you want back to the sd-card. Do the standard wipes from recovery, flash, and enjoy!

07-27-2012 07:04 PM
    For best results: copy the contents of your sd-card to your PC, format your sd-card in recovery, adding an ext partition, but no swap partition, copy the ROM, gapps, and whatever else you want back to the sd-card. Do the standard wipes from recovery, flash, and enjoy!

O_O your going to blow up his head....

Sent from my A.C.R. Zombified Quattrimized AOKP OV.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-27-2012 07:19 PM
    I would also suggest the Amphetamines flashable MOD. Makes it much smoother and faster

07-27-2012 07:25 PM
    O_O your going to blow up his head....

Sent from my A.C.R. Zombified Quattrimized AOKP OV.
    Hahaha.

07-27-2012 07:26 PM
    anyone? random loss of system ui sounds out of speaker? have reflashed to cm9 beta 1, about to reformat SD....
    07-27-2012 08:05 PM

Resulted in me needing a new phone, blank recovery. Was stuck on the fabulous Samsung Intercept for a while. I used it to flash CWM recovery and deleted it once I got my new Optimus.

inceyet likes this.
    07-27-2012 08:07 PM
2,975 ... 5657585960 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD