01-05-2016 04:35 PM
2,975 ... 5758596061 ...
tools
    Resulted in me needing a new phone, blank recovery. Was stuck on the fabulous Samsung Intercept for a while. I used it to flash CWM recovery and deleted it once I got my new Optimus.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    I think you need to put quote marks on "fabulous".
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-27-2012 08:20 PM
    Hahaha.

Well it's possible xD lol. Cole gave him links on how to do everything and gave him some really good advice on trying a gb rom first.... This rom really isn't meant for uber noobs (no offense, and especially with the whole partitioning fiasco.) even tdm has mentioned that before. It was called alpha before for a reason, now it's called beta for a reason. XD just giving some advice tmanrules, if you've never flashed a rom before, PLEASE try out a gb rom before you step into intermediate/advanced territory.... I don't want this to sound rude, I'm just trying to give some advice.

Sent from my A.C.R. Zombified Quattrimized AOKP OV.
    07-27-2012 08:31 PM
    OH OH OH!!! I FORGOT!!!! I found an Overclock setting that works for me with no reboots min. 480 and max. 806 using savagedzen gov!!!! Lol I was so excited

flapjack.fiasco and dingermtb like this.
    07-27-2012 08:34 PM
    Well it's possible xD lol. Cole gave him links on how to do everything and gave him some really good advice on trying a gb rom first.... This rom really isn't meant for uber noobs (no offense, and especially with the whole partitioning fiasco.) even tdm has mentioned that before. It was called alpha before for a reason, now it's called beta for a reason. XD just giving some advice tmanrules, if you've never flashed a rom before, PLEASE try out a gb rom before you step into intermediate/advanced territory.... I don't want this to sound rude, I'm just trying to give some advice.

No offense taken here. I'm no noob and I understand the risk of using an alpha/beta ROM. That being said, I have been using this ROM for about two months as my main and have made it work well enough for me to be in love, lol.

07-27-2012 09:18 PM
    I think you need to put quote marks on "fabulous".
    Lol without a doubt...it was hard having to use it for five minutes. I found someone on Craigslist who oddly enough....wanted to trade for an Optimus. Why? I have no idea

07-27-2012 09:43 PM
    What are the standard wipes from recovery, and flash.
    07-27-2012 10:01 PM
    For best results: copy the contents of your sd-card to your PC, format your sd-card in recovery, adding an ext partition, but no swap partition, copy the ROM, gapps, and whatever else you want back to the sd-card. Do the standard wipes from recovery, flash, and enjoy!
    If the phone to be updated is currently running Backside IHO with Link2sd, what additional steps, if any, need to be taken to take Link2sd out of the picture?
    07-27-2012 10:02 PM
    While updating it says to click on the android to start setup wizard. Well I press it and it says "unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped"

Some one help pls. I downloaded the CM9 well installed that one but I have both. Optimus V
    07-27-2012 10:05 PM
    *with rom.zip, gapps.zip, and ezwipe.zip already on the root of your sdcard...

-boot into recovery (powered off; hold home/vol down/power)
    -make a nandroid backup (backup and restore>backup)
    -install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>ezwipe.zip>yes (install)
    *-mounts and storage>format sd-ext>yes (format) (if you use sd/ext)*
    -install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>rom.zip>yes (install)
    -install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>gapps.zip>yes (install)
    -reboot system now

*ezwipe=leslieanns prep for new rom.zip, just renamed for convenience...
    flapjack.fiasco and inceyet like this.
    07-27-2012 10:31 PM
    Any idea on when AOSP will be out? Ever since I saw a post that said google now might be ported into it I've been checking everyday. I have gotten google now installed but because of the voice issue it only works if I type.
    07-28-2012 12:13 AM
    I like how you quote yourself here. There are layers of meaning...
    07-28-2012 12:20 AM
    Any idea on when AOSP will be out? Ever since I saw a post that said google now might be ported into it I've been checking everyday. I have gotten google now installed but because of the voice issue it only works if I type.
    There's no definitive date, and tdm may never build it. I think I remember him saying that there was less interest in it now. But you never know, and neither will we anytime soon. Tdm's away from the internet for a few days.
    07-28-2012 12:22 AM
    While updating it says to click on the android to start setup wizard. Well I press it and it says "unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped"

Some one help pls. I downloaded the CM9 well installed that one but I have both. Optimus V
    Sounds like a bad flash. Did you wipe correctly? If unsure, follow the method described in the post directly below your post.
    07-28-2012 12:26 AM
    Can someone paaallleeeeaaaasseee pm me the link to the aokp YouTube fix? I'm not gonna be near a computer for a few days so I can't search for it. I'm on tapatalk.

07-28-2012 01:09 AM
    Can someone paaallleeeeaaaasseee pm me the link to the aokp YouTube fix? I'm not gonna be near a computer for a few days so I can't search for it. I'm on tapatalk.

The current fix requires a computer to work. It's basically streaming YouTube through a PC to your phone. It works decently if your computer is fairly fast, and you have a decent upload speed on your home connection.

But honestly, if YouTube is important to you, you should run something like MiRaGe or Harmonia. You won't need to use any fixes.
    Ryuk6666 likes this.
    07-28-2012 01:15 AM
    The current fix requires a computer to work. It's basically streaming YouTube through a PC to your phone. It works decently if your computer is fairly fast, and you have a decent upload speed on your home connection.

But honestly, if YouTube is important to you, you should run something like MiRaGe or Harmonia. You won't need to use any fixes.
    Or just use CM9.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    07-28-2012 01:47 AM
    Or just use CM9.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    I haven't used CM9 in a while. Is it pretty clean on there now?
    07-28-2012 02:03 AM
    As much as I love this ROM I gotta go back to cm7...I have to have Netflix or be able to watch streaming video...why? You ask...cuz I'm addicted to Supernatural...if I'm not asleep or at work I'm watching episode after episode....help...I think Im having Dean withdrawals...lol
    yolodie likes this.
    07-28-2012 02:44 AM
    I haven't used CM9 in a while. Is it pretty clean on there now?
    Very smooth and clean. I was using it until it for a few weeks. But switched to AOKP so i could center my clock and change my carrier name to "Zombie Mobile". IMO, it's the smoothest ICS ROM available, although, AOKP now seems much smoother than it was before when i used it.

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    07-28-2012 10:22 AM
    You would consider it smooth even while overclocked?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-28-2012 10:35 AM
    Should I follow this video when installing.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQfHC3vpRs[/YT]
    07-28-2012 11:22 AM
    Should I follow this video when installing.

Well I've never seen it the link Cole gave you is pretty simple but if follows the link then you should be good , but like i said before as a noob (no disrespect) I highly recommend starting off with a iho rom like Mr G's MiRaGe which was just updated and is a lot our go to rom and LeslieAnn's harmonia 2.09 which too was just updated this is to get used to rom and their tweaks.

07-28-2012 12:50 PM
    Thanks, and when i download "quattrimus-VM670-cm9-beta1" it comes with 3 files- "META-INF", system, and boot. What all goes into my sd card?
    07-28-2012 01:41 PM
    Don't unzip it
    inceyet likes this.
    07-28-2012 01:47 PM
    Okay but which files go into my phone.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-28-2012 02:01 PM
2,975 ... 5758596061 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD