01-05-2016 04:35 PM
2,975 ... 5960616263 ...
tools
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about something in AOKP similar to the RenderFX display mode widget in CM7, not brightness, but color filters.

I'm curious about this too - I used night mode all the time on IHO (easier on my eyes), but I haven't found a way to get something like that working on AOKP yet.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    It's possible that the code from CM7 could be ported (possibly). Start teaching yourself, or find a dev that's interested.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-2012 09:27 AM
    Will these steps brick my phone???

1. First you will need to backup your LG Optimus V's current OS. Go to the Android Play Store (Market) and download ROM Manager.

2. In ROM Manager, select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait for it to finish.

3. In ROM Manager, select "Backup Current ROM" and wait for it to finish.

4. Go here and download signed_ICSandwich v3.zip.

5. Put signed_ICSandwich v3.zip on your LG Optimus V's SD card.

6. Reboot in to recovery mode by pressing the volume down, home, and power buttons on the LG Optimus V all at the same time.

7. Select "install zip from sdcard" by using the volume buttons to navigate and the camera button to accept. Next, select signed_ICSandwich v3.zip on your SD card. Select "yes" when prompted and wait for the installation to finish.

8. When it finishes select "reboot system now". Once the system reboots you should now have Android Ice Cream Sandwich on your LG Optimus V. Congrats!

9. If anything goes wrong, reboot in to recovery mode and select "backup and restore". Next select "Restore". The date of your backup should come up next. Select it and allow the backup to finish, then reboot your phone.
    07-29-2012 11:18 AM

1. First you will need to backup your LG Optimus V's current OS. Go to the Android Play Store (Market) and download ROM Manager.

2. In ROM Manager, select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait for it to finish.

6. Reboot in to recovery mode by pressing the volume down, home, and power buttons on the LG Optimus V all at the same time.

7. Select "install zip from sdcard" by using the volume buttons to navigate and the camera button to accept. Next, select signed_ICSandwich v3.zip on your SD card. Select "yes" when prompted and wait for the installation to finish.

8. When it finishes select "reboot system now". Once the system reboots you should now have Android Ice Cream Sandwich on your LG Optimus V. Congrats!

9. If anything goes wrong, reboot in to recovery mode and select "backup and restore". Next select "Restore". The date of your backup should come up next. Select it and allow the backup to finish, then reboot your phone.
    You don't need ROM Manager to do any of that. Follow the instructions in the link that Cole has posted, and you shouldn't have any problems.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...m-rom.html#anb

Also, once you made a backup in the newly flashed recovery, NOT ROM Manager, wipe data, cache and dalvik BEFORE flashing a new ROM. Good luck.
    inceyet likes this.
    07-29-2012 11:54 AM

Where did you get these instructions? They mention Optimus V, but this method will give you a black screen in recovery if you have a newer OV. Is this on another forum?

inceyet likes this.
    07-29-2012 12:14 PM

You must not read any post by anyone at all ...Cole gave you the link to go to ...I have told you to STAY AWAY FROM ROM MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!! and to start off with a iho rom to begin with due yo you being a noob .....but I guess your not taking heed to any of us ....as usual if you don't follow any of our recommendations then you'll BRICK the taste out of your phone

tmanrules likes this.
    07-29-2012 12:48 PM
    You must not read any post by anyone at all ...Cole gave you the link to go to ...I have told you to STAY AWAY FROM ROM MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!! and to start off with a iho rom to begin with due yo you being a noob .....but I guess your not taking heed to any of us ....as usual if you don't follow any of our recommendations then you'll BRICK the taste out of your phone

Can you send me the link to thr iho forum.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-29-2012 01:14 PM
    Battery life not too bad on Q. Yes, that is six days on one charge. The number is correct.
    OK, cheating a bit. I have had the phone on airplane mode the whole time. Got myself an HTC Vivid, and not doing much with the Optimus. The devs here are doing a lot more with the Optimus than is being done for the Vivid, it is a difficult phone to develop for because it has a ton of security on it. Not as much fun as the OV, but I love the giant screen and super fast processor.
    I am still hanging around, lots of great people here. Many thanks to all that have helped me along the way.
    07-29-2012 01:21 PM

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=156548
    [GUIDE] 2012 Optimus V Reference Guide (Start here!)

Here you go.

inceyet likes this.
    07-29-2012 01:30 PM

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...tart-here.html

That's a good place to start as flapjack.fiasco stated. Also, check out these forums:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...cm7-2-iho.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...l-cm7-1-a.html

And, as stated before, if you don't pay attention your phone's gonna end up like this:

inceyet likes this.
    07-29-2012 01:33 PM
    Is there a way I can change the kilometer readings on maps to miles?

07-29-2012 02:21 PM
    Anyone know why xda's flash player works for IHO but not ICS, Id really like to stream videos on my phone with this rom!
    07-29-2012 03:04 PM
    Anyone know why xda's flash player works for IHO but not ICS, Id really like to stream videos on my phone with this rom!
    This has been covered many times in the old Quattrimus alpha thread. The reason is because Qualcomm won't make the OpenMax ICS drivers needed for ARMv6, an outdated processor, for hardware acceleration.

The LG Optimus V has this processor.
    07-29-2012 03:41 PM
    This has been covered many times in the old Quattrimus alpha thread. The reason is because Qualcomm won't make the OpenMax ICS drivers needed for ARMv6, an outdated processor, for hardware acceleration.

The LG Optimus V has this processor.
    That's for netflix and youtube. Tge reason the flash player doesn't work on ics is because its a hacked version of 10.3. Ics requires 11

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-29-2012 03:43 PM
    That's for netflix and youtube. Tge reason the flash player doesn't work on ics is because its a hacked version of 10.3. Ics requires 11

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    So that's the reason? I guess it's only a matter of time when someone hacks version 11 to make it work for ICS on ARMv6.
    07-29-2012 03:50 PM
    So that's the reason? I guess it's only a matter of time when someone hacks version 11 to make it work for ICS on ARMv6.
    Version 11 uses hardware acceleration, so its a mix of both.
    07-29-2012 04:09 PM
    Version 11 uses hardware acceleration, so its a mix of both.
    So Adobe Flash still needs the OpenMax drivers or some kind of wrapper for hardware acceleration. Kinda figured that. Otherwise, Adobe Flash will be a big slideshow.
    07-29-2012 04:16 PM
    So Adobe Flash still needs the OpenMax drivers or some kind of wrapper for hardware acceleration. Kinda figured that. Otherwise, Adobe Flash will be a big slideshow.
    Wonder if you could make a wrapper to use OpenGL?
    07-29-2012 04:18 PM
    Wonder if you could make a wrapper to use OpenGL?
    Sorry, don't have a clue. Maybe someone with too much time on their hands could.

One could only hope.
    07-29-2012 04:21 PM

Is this the right and should I follow this.

07-29-2012 04:51 PM

Is this the right and should I follow this.

I would try MiRaGe first. It's still constantly updated. As for directions on how to do it, myself and several others have already given you links to the appropriate stickies.

inceyet likes this.
    07-29-2012 05:26 PM
    Had a really weird thing happen to me yesterday, but just got off work to send a post about it. I haven't flashed a nightly since 7/24 and when I did that one I wiped cache, dalvic and reset battery stats. Its been running OK until last night. When I went to use my barnacle wifi tether its refusing to let me and tells the phone needs rooted...I'm like what?!?!?!?!?

Just did a complete clean reboot and reinstalled all my apps and still getting the same error...

Any ideas from the collective out here?

07-29-2012 06:32 PM
    Had a really weird thing happen to me yesterday, but just got off work to send a post about it. I haven't flashed a nightly since 7/24 and when I did that one I wiped cache, dalvic and reset battery stats. Its been running OK until last night. When I went to use my barnacle wifi tether its refusing to let me and tells the phone needs rooted...I'm like what?!?!?!?!?

Just did a complete clean reboot and reinstalled all my apps and still getting the same error...

Any ideas from the collective out here?

Do you happen to be on that zv9 update? I have that happen occasionally. Just reflash that jcase root me file. If you aren't search for modified super user 3.07 and flash that

07-29-2012 06:41 PM
    Ok just curious why version 10.3 wasnt working, figured it had something to do with the rom, I really hope someone does hack it soon following my bros band on their app and I cant watch their videos or photos
    07-29-2012 07:13 PM
    No zv9 update. Been rooted since November last year. Was running mirage before this and never had any issues until last night.

Gonna try a clean flash of mirage then clean reflash of the newest nightly and see what happens

07-29-2012 07:37 PM
    No zv9 update. Been rooted since November last year. Was running mirage before this and never had any issues until last night.

Gonna try a clean flash of mirage then clean reflash of the newest nightly and see what happens

If that doesn't work just grab that superuser I told you about earlier. That I know fixes it.

vm_760 likes this.
    07-29-2012 08:48 PM
2,975 ... 5960616263 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD