01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    Aokp is awesome
    Its almost as stable as CM9 for me clocked at 600/480 savadzen
    I also love the custom options

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-01-2012 09:36 PM
    Excuse me if I'm missing something, but what happened to this? Seems like the closest thing we've had to a YouTube fix so far..

So, this is probably a stupid question but, what makes youtube like a slideshow on AOKP but not CM9. Would it be possible to just copy files from CM9 to solve that on AOKP or is that easier said than done.

EDIT: Yeah, worked just fine. A copied over a few files. So i'll do a little more checking to see which one helped.
    EDIT2: just libmediaplayerservice.so copied it over from the cm9 build and youtube is no longer a slideshow on AOKP.
    08-01-2012 09:45 PM
    Aokp is awesome
    Its almost as stable as CM9 for me clocked at 600/480 savadzen
    I also love the custom options

I should have mentioned that i've been running on 864/600 savegedzen the entire time
    sadly, i couldn't wait for my phone to die, cause i needed to transfer some files via USB to my phone, BUT in the hour that i waited, it went from 20% to 17%... and it's been charging for about an hour through my computer(slow charge speeds) and its only gotten up to 34%.
    But thats only cause usually when i charge with my computer, it takes several hours to get a full charge, versus charging with the wall charger, it takes less than an hour to reach 100% from a dead state.
    08-01-2012 09:46 PM
    Excuse me if I'm missing something, but what happened to this? Seems like the closest thing we've had to a YouTube fix so far..
    Didn't work. The moment I flashed gapps everything broke again. (like I said in the other thread)
    08-01-2012 09:51 PM
    Is there a workaround for Netflix yet? If you could download netflix videos I could play them with MX Player, but I do not believe that is possible.
    08-01-2012 10:10 PM
    Is there a changelog for the nightly's? I would like to view one.
    08-01-2012 10:18 PM
    Is there a workaround for Netflix yet? If you could download netflix videos I could play them with MX Player, but I do not believe that is possible.
    There's a thread for that somewhere on this forum. Search around.

08-01-2012 10:22 PM
    Didn't work. The moment I flashed gapps everything broke again. (like I said in the other thread)
    Well yes, I saw that, and I'm not a dev so I don't know much..but that could still be valuable information for a fix, right?
    08-01-2012 11:11 PM
    Nevermind got it flashed and working fine now.
    08-01-2012 11:28 PM
    I just download my favorite shows on
    my pc. And put them on my sd card to watch later with mx player
    08-01-2012 11:49 PM
    About stability with overclocking... Just going to add in my own experience here. I've never been able to overclock a lot like some of you and maintain stability. Right now I have my v clocked at 768/480. What I have noticed is that the only scaling governor I can use and still have good stability when overclocked is performance. As long as I keep it on performance my v is very stable, I've tried some of the others like savagedzen, smartassv2, ondemand and interactivex and I get a lot of random reboots and freezes with those.
    08-01-2012 11:54 PM
    Using it. Says it can't play a video I recorded.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    did you also download the
    Codec?
    08-02-2012 12:21 AM
    Does this messed up "Emergency Call" text on the lock screen bother anyone else? Is there a way to fix this without themes?
    08-02-2012 02:23 AM
    Does this messed up "Emergency Call" text on the lock screen bother anyone else? Is there a way to fix this without themes?
    Must be only with a pattern lock.
    I don't use a pattern lock, so I wouldn't know.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    08-02-2012 02:31 AM
    Or, ICS was made for HDPI phones?

08-02-2012 02:32 AM
    Sort of. I found out how to do it, but it's definitely not the greatest solution ever. First, it costs(two week free trial) 5 bucks/month, and second, you must have your computer on in order to watch movies(it'll still work while you're away from the computer, it just has to be on and connected to internet.

Here's the thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-ics-roms.html

Note: it also gets MANY other channels too. cbs, nbc, abc, youtube, pandora, espn, TONS of other channels. oh and hulu+ Only netflix and hulu require account.
    08-02-2012 02:43 AM
    I've had a few PM's regarding this issue today, and I know there are other's still trying to figure it out, so I thought I'd share some info here. Those of you who are wanting voice dial, and are unable to get it to work. You need to delete the voice dial and voice search that you currently have on your phone, then install the voice search from the market. Yes I know, dial and search are two different things, been there done that. The new voice search app has the voice dial included in it.. That's why when everyone searches the market they find voice search and not voice dial. So erase those two files, and install voice search. Then you will have both. I did this weeks ago and have had dial and search ever since.

EDIT: LINK https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ljZXNlYXJjaCJd
    jayleekay likes this.
    08-02-2012 02:44 AM
    Or, ICS was made for HDPI phones?

Oh touche
    Although, there are very few mdpi phones that received official ICS support
    But yes, its mainly for HDPI and xHDPI phones.

08-02-2012 02:58 AM
    Oh touche
    Although, there are very few mdpi phones that received official ICS support
    But yes, its mainly for HDPI and xHDPI phones.

Google didn't push it with mdpi support. I don't think.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    08-02-2012 03:06 AM
    I think virgin mobile should stop being so cheep and just keep the OV's up to date but than again it will take out the fun of having an android (being able to root and install roms)

08-02-2012 03:23 AM
    Google didn't push it with mdpi support. I don't think.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    Very few "high" end mdpi phones received official ICS updates.
    I'll see if i can dig up my source.
    The Motorola Xoom is the only mdpi device that I can remember receiving an official ICS update so far, I'm looking at a list of which devices ICS is going to be coming to devices this year.

08-02-2012 03:24 AM
    ok im not really sure what im doing wrong i went and tried to install all my app from my last phon(Razr Maxx) 100+app and ran out on space so i went and did the SD partition for 512 MB but i still dont have any space...?
    08-02-2012 05:17 AM
    ok im not really sure what im doing wrong i went and tried to install all my app from my last phon(Razr Maxx) 100+app and ran out on space so i went and did the SD partition for 512 MB but i still dont have any space...?
    Wipe cache and dalvik cache, and reflash the rom.
    The SD-ext script will take effect after reflashing.

08-02-2012 06:12 AM
    Hey tdm, I think the system is reading sdcard free memory wrong, because I should still have around 5gb left. Not 1.5....

Sent from my Quattrimized AOKP OV.
    08-02-2012 07:58 AM
    @tdm Thank you for the BT fix! The BT reboot was a bit annoying from what was a solid rom; your fix has made the rom near perfect!

I'd like to report a minor bug/lack of functionality. I use a BT handsfree speakerphone/FM transmitter. It seems the play/pause button does not work with CM9 but did work well with CM7. Again, this is by no means a showstopper for me but it is handy to just press a button rather than navigate to the app to pause it.

Again, thanks so much for all your hard work. We all appreciate it.
    tdm likes this.
    08-02-2012 08:48 AM
2,975 ... 6566676869 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD