01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 7374757677 ...
tools
    Your on jellybean? Which rom the alpha one

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    Follow the link Kobe provided, and look at my second post on how to get Drew's CM10 port working on the V

sent from my Zom-"Bean"(AOSP JellyBean).
    08-06-2012 11:04 PM
    I just read it.... Why do you need to partition?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-06-2012 11:25 PM
    I just read it.... Why do you need to partition?

Same reason as you would with ICS, more app space due to Jelly Bean taking up nearly all internal space.

sent from my un-dead sammich.
    08-06-2012 11:33 PM
    How do you enable different media volumes for headsets in AOKP. In CM9, if I plugged in my headset my media volume would go from 0 to like 50%. I've looked in sound settings and can't find that option. Does it have to do with the dsp manager app that is included in CM9? Because I can't that dsp manager in the store.
    Its settings, rom control, general UI, enable volume options.
    Now when you change volume level, you can change each level individually. That way, you can have media level up, notification level on vibration, and call level on vibration. That way, when you plug in your headphones for music, you won't have to worry about adjusting the volume, each and every time.

08-06-2012 11:38 PM
    In AOKP beta 2 when I hold power it reboots rather than power menu. I've rebooted, looked in settings, but can't find anything. It worked right when I downloaded beta2 but now it just reboots. Any workarounds or help?

i have this problem also. the power menu shows up when i first install the rom...but after i run my titanium backups and restore system data it starts doing the soft reset every time i hold the power button.

gotta be something with one of these apps i/we have installed...i probably run about 35 user apps total.
    08-06-2012 11:51 PM
    i think i may have found why the play store doesn't recognize our devices. (when you go to reviews on an app, then choose the one that says "this device only" or something like that and nothing pops up) So i was looking at the device list on play.google.com and the maker is unknown. i think if you fixed that it would recognize it. just my guess though..
    tdm likes this.
    08-07-2012 01:45 AM
    Same reason as you would with ICS, more app space due to Jelly Bean taking up nearly all internal space.

You should put recommended. Not needed.

08-07-2012 02:06 AM
    Garsh darn tapatalk posted my replies here http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=186113 instead in this thread, this forum, and this website even....

08-07-2012 02:19 AM
    i have this problem also. the power menu shows up when i first install the rom...but after i run my titanium backups and restore system data it starts doing the soft reset every time i hold the power button.

gotta be something with one of these apps i/we have installed...i probably run about 35 user apps total.
    DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEM APPS/DATA!
    That is your problem, you're only supposed to restore user apps.
    When you restore System apps, it overwrites the ROM, and causes issues.

droiddekka likes this.
    08-07-2012 02:21 AM
    You should put recommended. Not needed.

I stated that its only needed when flashing the patch with the sd-ext scripts, I edited and made that more clear(I hope lol) in that post.

08-07-2012 02:22 AM
    I've got a stuck new voice mail notification, anyone else get anything like this recently, I've rebooted a few time, the notification persists after I've deleted it. thus far virgin mobile tech support has not been any help.....
    08-07-2012 11:30 AM
    I've got a stuck new voice mail notification, anyone else get anything like this recently, I've rebooted a few time, the notification persists after I've deleted it. thus far virgin mobile tech support has not been any help.....
    Leave a new voice mail, call from your phone, delete it, and wait for the notification to go away before hanging up. Works in cm7.
    Wheellzz and sellers86 like this.
    08-07-2012 11:45 AM
    Leave a new voice mail, call from your phone, delete it, and wait for the notification to go away before hanging up. Works in cm7.
    I'll give it a shot, however i'm no longer running CM7...

Hey it worked....very odd.....
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    08-07-2012 12:26 PM
    Sometimes my phone goes right to the home screen without showing the lock screen. CM9 beta 2. Not a big deal for me, just letting you know.

sent from the hip.
    08-07-2012 12:31 PM
    Any of the Nightly have a fix for the aokp video slideshow? just curious
    p.s Great job tdm[=
    08-07-2012 01:27 PM
    Not yet.

08-07-2012 02:46 PM

Yeah, he meant to try it because it works on cm7. Lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    08-07-2012 04:24 PM

I guessed that process because I have a couple backups with the voicemail notification set. It's the only trick I found to get rid of it. Glad it still works.
    I think the deal is that android wants the service provider to send notification the voicemail isn't new, and vm only sends that once. Whatever makes it stick, it goes away as soon as the system pings the phone to remove the notification.
    08-07-2012 04:39 PM
    Regarding the battery no-charging problem (Post #7384):

I'm happy to report that my phone charges after I flashed quattrimus-VM670-cm9-nightly-20120731.zip [74.41Mb; VM670ZV4; 2.6.35.7-tdm-gk-hkicsam-0.1+tommy@ics #1; cm_VM670_userdebug 4.0.4 IMM76L eng. tommy.20120731.021607 test-keys] last week. Previously, at rare occasions, I managed to get it to charge a few times, but with this flash/ROM it now charges all the times. I didn't do anything particular when flashing this time, so I assume something changed with the build.

Thxs
    08-07-2012 04:44 PM
    How do i remove the quattrimus splash screen? Its kind of ugly
    Oh and how cab i move themes from the sd ext to the phone?
    08-07-2012 05:19 PM
    Ouch man. That was kind of rude. Tdm made that. Speaking of which, tdm, out of like the 3 boot logos submitted, have you chosen one of them yet? Or are you still going to hold a poll for which one?

Sent from my A.C.R. Zombified Quattrimized AOKP OV.
    08-07-2012 06:04 PM
    unpack the boot.img and replace the required .rle files with ones of the same size. I do that with every update.
    08-07-2012 06:09 PM
    I think I might of thought of a way to fix video on our phones.

I was doing research on our phones SOAC(System on a chip) and it seems that the GPU does all video encoding/decoding. The reason why it doesn't work is because of the OMX drivers and the big Q refusing to released the source/updated drivers.

So why don't we just patch the system with the ARMv6 VFP Codec from the market? It got video working in the first place on bobzhomes, so why not integrate it into the system?
    08-07-2012 06:37 PM
    I think I might of thought of a way to fix video on our phones.

I was doing research on our phones SOAC(System on a chip) and it seems that the GPU does all video encoding/decoding. The reason why it doesn't work is because of the OMX drivers and the big Q refusing to released the source/updated drivers.

So why don't we just patch the system with the ARMv6 VFP Codec from the market? It got video working in the first place on bobzhomes, so why not integrate it into the system?
    I was kinda thinking the same thing, cause MX player with ARMv6 VFP Codec plays perfectly fine, so if its possible to take the code from the ARMv6 VFP Codec, and implement it into the system, and have the GPU use it as its source video decryption, couldn't that fix the video issues indefinitely?

sent from my Zom-"Bean"(AOSP Jellybean)
    RidDleZ likes this.
    08-07-2012 09:17 PM
    @tdm--- heres my entry for the bootsplash contest... i left it png... :-)
    Might want to either change the color of the text, or the background, to make it a lil easier to read

sent from my Zom-"Bean"(AOSP Jellybean)
    strabo231 likes this.
    08-07-2012 09:20 PM
2,975 ... 7374757677 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD