01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 7677787980 ...
tools
    How much ram does the One V have in plain sight?

And ICS has a built in task killer. o_O

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    The One V has 512 mb of ram. And when I say task killer, I mean an app that kills apps totally to free up ram.

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2
    08-09-2012 01:25 PM
    Didn't I see one of you guys say you had gotten YouMail to work on CM9? Or was that on the S? I didn't think Virgin allowed call forwarding but if I'm missing something please elaborate.
    08-09-2012 01:45 PM
    The One V has 512 mb of ram. And when I say task killer, I mean an app that kills apps totally to free up ram.

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2
    Man I wish I had 512 mb of ram. If the droid did it will probably still have official support.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    08-09-2012 02:19 PM
    Can i still use apps2sd?
    No, you can not use *ANY* a2sd type apps, TDM built in an app2ext that takes care of that need, and it will conflict with any a2sd app you download.
    It is mentioned in the OP.
    androidalais likes this.
    08-09-2012 02:29 PM
    what ever happened with AOSP?
    08-09-2012 03:30 PM
    what ever happened with AOSP?
    TDM says he's working on getting it fixed.
    08-09-2012 04:14 PM
    First successful multi ROM install by a user on the marquee. I should be switching over the thunderc builds next week.
    08-09-2012 08:02 PM
    First successful multi ROM install by a user on the marquee. I should be switching over the thunderc builds next week.
    Your genius!

tdm likes this.
    08-09-2012 08:02 PM
    Hey, I'm on AOKP beta 2 and my SD card randomly got "damaged" my phone doesn't recognize anything on it and just says its damaged. Sticking it into my computer everything is still there. Any ideas what happened? I i've only got apps on it and some backups but no extensions or partitions or whatever.
    08-09-2012 08:31 PM
    Hey, I'm on AOKP beta 2 and my SD card randomly got "damaged" my phone doesn't recognize anything on it and just says its damaged. Sticking it into my computer everything is still there. Any ideas what happened? I i've only got apps on it and some backups but no extensions or partitions or whatever.
    Copy all contents to your computer, reformat your SD card to fat32, copy everything back, and see if that fixes it. If not, you'd need to but a new SD card.
    Memory units do have a tendency to just quit working, I've went through my share of HDD for my computer for that reason.

sent from my Zom-"Bean"(CM10 JellyBean) .
    08-09-2012 08:50 PM
    I just tried to install an app, and it said insufficient space for internal storage. I looked at the settings storage screen, and it lists all my internal space gone except for like 20mb! I am using sd-ext, so everything should be installing to sd-ext, and I should have a bunch of free space, and there should be nothing wrong. I checked if data/app is linked to sd-ext/app, and it seems to be... Where has all my internal space gone..? The storage screen listed internal as using almost all storage as apps... I don't get it.

Optimus V with CM9 beta2. It was a dirty flash from a nightly (7-23?) Quattrimus.
    08-09-2012 09:14 PM
    I just tried to install an app, and it said insufficient space for internal storage. I looked at the settings storage screen, and it lists all my internal space gone except for like 20mb! I am using sd-ext, so everything should be installing to sd-ext, and I should have a bunch of free space, and there should be nothing wrong. I checked if data/app is linked to sd-ext/app, and it seems to be... Where has all my internal space gone..? The storage screen listed internal as using almost all storage as apps... I don't get it.

Optimus V with CM9 beta2. It was a dirty flash from a nightly (7-23?) Quattrimus.
    I had that same problem you need to make your SD ext bigger

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-09-2012 09:53 PM
    Regarding the battery no-charging problem (Post #7384):

I'm happy to report that my phone charges after I flashed quattrimus-VM670-cm9-nightly-20120731.zip [74.41Mb; VM670ZV4; 2.6.35.7-tdm-gk-hkicsam-0.1+tommy@ics #1; cm_VM670_userdebug 4.0.4 IMM76L eng. tommy.20120731.021607 test-keys] last week. Previously, at rare occasions, I managed to get it to charge a few times, but with this flash/ROM it now charges all the times. I didn't do anything particular when flashing this time, so I assume something changed with the build.

Thxs
    Well I got really excited about your results but I am not seeing the same results. I just flashed that same nightly and I still am not getting a charge.

Here is an interesting thing. When I reflashed the rom I noticed that the apps I installed the last time I flashed the rom.

I am guessing this is because my SD-card. Should I be formating my SD card when moving from rom to rom.

Thanks for the help.
    08-09-2012 10:04 PM
    Here's another rom update tool. This one is kind of interesting http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-got-it-right/

sent from my Nokia 5110
    08-09-2012 10:28 PM
    What's this Multi thing TDM's been talking about? :o

08-09-2012 11:11 PM
    No, you can not use *ANY* a2sd type apps, TDM built in an app2ext that takes care of that need, and it will conflict with any a2sd app you download.
    It is mentioned in the OP.
    I think he means https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...5lLmFwcDJzZCJd

Which doesnt use ext partition, it just moves apps to the SD the same way you can in the built in app settings

A nice app, but pointless in ICS and later because it(ICS) now actually shows how much space an app takes up internally and on SD and will seperate the apps from the rest of the list if they can be transfered to SD.
    08-09-2012 11:12 PM
    What's this Multi thing TDM's been talking about? :o

"One rom to rule all phones" (said in a movie commentator voice) instead of a different rom for each phone, he has it to where all phone use the same exact same build. Saves him a lot of build and upload time.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    08-09-2012 11:16 PM
    Make sure you grab the nightlies tonight!!!!

CyanogenMod 9 – Stable | CyanogenMod

First stable is coming out tonight!
    08-09-2012 11:26 PM
    Make sure you grab the nightlies tonight!!!!

CyanogenMod 9 Stable | CyanogenMod

First stable is coming out tonight!
    Wait what? Stable meaning not beta?

08-09-2012 11:31 PM
    Wait what? Stable meaning not beta?

CM9 was still being developed. But the Official CM9 is now complete and they are going to be releasing the first stable release tonight.

Our phone still needs development, as our phone is not officially supported.
    08-09-2012 11:45 PM
    Here's another rom update tool. This one is kind of interesting OTA Update Center – Someone (Finally) Got it Right – xda-developers

sent from my Nokia 5110
    Saw that, thanks. It's a great idea in theory. Not sure if it's a good idea in practice or not, but leaning towards not.

I have first hand experience what an annoyance it is to be constantly reminded of an OTA update when you don't want it. In my case, I had an older firmware on the Marquee because the newer firmware was not rootable. It was so annoying I found and flashed a pre-rooted version of the newer firmware.

And then there's the whole issue of being responsible for dozens/hundreds of screwed up phones after pushing a flawed update. At least with the manual update method, the responsibility lies fully with the user, and I have a better chance of pulling it before many folks download it.
    08-10-2012 12:24 AM
    "One rom to rule all phones" (said in a movie commentator voice) instead of a different rom for each phone, he has it to where all phone use the same exact same build. Saves him a lot of build and upload time.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    Yeah pretty much.

The multi-ROM is a way to package files for all the phones into one ROM download. At install time, it detects which model you have and copies the appropriate model-specific files.

Additionally, the model-specific files are packaged up as binary patches to a common base, so they are very compact.

Not sure how much extra space the thunderc will need for this. The Marquee family only needs about 200kb total per variant. But those phones all have the same kernel and RIL files.
    08-10-2012 12:27 AM
    I have first hand experience what an annoyance it is to be constantly reminded of an OTA update when you don't want it. In my case, I had an older firmware on the Marquee because the newer firmware was not rootable. It was so annoying I found and flashed a pre-rooted version of the newer firmware.
    How did they get the firmware prerooted? Like the .bin?? or was the radio able to be updated via update.zip? I know sammyz tried injecting cwm into the zvd(optimus s) firmware(so it wouldn't need to be rooted), but that hard bricked his phone beyond repair.(we were gonna try finding the zvj cab afterwards to put cwm in it, but after his hard brick...no. haha)
    08-10-2012 01:09 AM
    How did they get the firmware prerooted? Like the .bin?? or was the radio able to be updated via update.zip? I know sammyz tried injecting cwm into the zvd(optimus s) firmware(so it wouldn't need to be rooted), but that hard bricked his phone beyond repair.(we were gonna try finding the zvj cab afterwards to put cwm in it, but after his hard brick...no. haha)
    Don't know, I just grabbed the file and flashed it.
    sellers86 likes this.
    08-10-2012 01:12 AM
    Can you guys modify the kill when pressing the back key? It kills the cell's desktop too
    08-10-2012 02:13 AM
2,975 ... 7677787980 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD