01-05-2016 04:35 PM
2,975 ... 8182838485 ...
tools
    Maybe a dumb question, but did you select the split setting for messages over 160 characters in the messaging settings?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the solution. Can't believe I totally missed a settings menu for Messaging. The red exclamation sign with no explanation kept throwing me off. Google should make it pop up a message like:

"This message is too long to be sent as a single message. Would you like to split the message into multiple texts? (standard text rates apply)." With a check box "Automatically do this for all messages from now on." Or at least make it automatic.
    08-13-2012 03:12 PM
    So i may have screwed myself over here.

I followed this:

To wipe clean 100% and install a new rom
    Select wipe data/factory reset
    Select yes
    Go to mounts and storage
    Select format /boot
    Select yes
    Select format /system
    Select yes
    Back out of that menu to the main one again and select advanced
    Select Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Select yes

and flashed the ROM.

Now my data won't work. I flashed my recovery and it's still down.

Any idea what I can do?
    08-13-2012 05:14 PM
    Toggle airplane mode and data. That should bring it back.
    lebooo likes this.
    08-13-2012 05:25 PM
    So i may have screwed myself over here.

I followed this:

To wipe clean 100% and install a new rom
    Select wipe data/factory reset
    Select yes
    Go to mounts and storage
    Select format /boot
    Select yes
    Select format /system
    Select yes
    Back out of that menu to the main one again and select advanced
    Select Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Select yes

and flashed the ROM.

Now my data won't work. I flashed my recovery and it's still down.

Any idea what I can do?
    Your data won't work? You have a V?

08-13-2012 05:25 PM
    Thanks for the solution. Can't believe I totally missed a settings menu for Messaging. The red exclamation sign with no explanation kept throwing me off. Google should make it pop up a message like:

"This message is too long to be sent as a single message. Would you like to split the message into multiple texts? (standard text rates apply)." With a check box "Automatically do this for all messages from now on." Or at least make it automatic.
    Nice. Now that I read that again came off as little rude. Really didn't intend to be. Glad you got it straight

08-13-2012 05:26 PM
    That should not have affected your data...
    08-13-2012 05:27 PM
    Your data won't work? You have a V?

It is a V. :/
    08-13-2012 05:55 PM
    Toggle airplane mode and data. That should bring it back.
    Damn, it's not helping. I really dont know what I did wrong. T_T

this is the symbol it's showing in the upper right.

http://imgur.com/mhevE
    08-13-2012 05:57 PM
    It is a V. :/
    That's a head scratcher man. you didn't do anything wrong. Maybe try reflashing the rom, but don't wipe anything this time.

08-13-2012 06:02 PM
    i have. tons of times. think it'll be worth flashing back to stock then back to ICS?
    08-13-2012 06:05 PM
    i have. tons of times. think it'll be worth flashing back to stock then back to ICS?
    I mean, it's possible...stranger things have happened. Can you make calls? Which recovery are you using?

08-13-2012 06:14 PM
    Got the new multi-rom scripts up and running, and did a first successful install using them. The system is not booting, though, and I don't know whether that is due to my kernel changes or due to using Linaro to compile the kernel. I'll go back to the other toolchain tomorrow to see if that fixes it.

Details:

multi-rom is a way to package up all the files for a phone family into a single ROM. In this case LS670, VM670, and VS660. The install script detects the phone model at install time and patches up the files that are different.

For the thunderc family, we have always had a different kernel for each model. I modified the kernel slightly to detect the model at boot time and react accordingly. Right now this just makes the keymap correct. Future changes may tweak the ami304 driver for the VS660, use a different screen driver for the MS690, etc.

The remaining files are system props, the MMS settings, and some of the proprietary files on the VS660. All together, the binary patches to support these are less than 1mb.

So this will reduce both build and upload time by about 2/3 at the expense of adding less than 1mb to the ROM. Not bad.
    08-13-2012 06:22 PM
    Awesome!

sent from the hip.
    08-13-2012 06:31 PM
    Got the new multi-rom scripts up and running, and did a first successful install using them. The system is not booting, though, and I don't know whether that is due to my kernel changes or due to using Linaro to compile the kernel. I'll go back to the other toolchain tomorrow to see if that fixes it.

Details:

multi-rom is a way to package up all the files for a phone family into a single ROM. In this case LS670, VM670, and VS660. The install script detects the phone model at install time and patches up the files that are different.

For the thunderc family, we have always had a different kernel for each model. I modified the kernel slightly to detect the model at boot time and react accordingly. Right now this just makes the keymap correct. Future changes may tweak the ami304 driver for the VS660, use a different screen driver for the MS690, etc.

The remaining files are system props, the MMS settings, and some of the proprietary files on the VS660. All together, the binary patches to support these are less than 1mb.

So this will reduce both build and upload time by about 2/3 at the expense of adding less than 1mb to the ROM. Not bad.
    That is amazing work. I haven't ever seen any developer do anything like this. Did you get this idea from someone else or is this all a product of tdm's geniusness? This could actually be a huge advancement for all android development, imagine how much less of a hassle web hosting would be, if this caught on

sent from my Nokia 5110
    08-13-2012 06:52 PM
    So ever since flashing the egl patch I've been able to overclock cm9 beta 2 with pretty much zero problems. But, why is my download speeds so dang low. At like 25 kbps opposed to 178kbps I got early this morning while running my GTR cm7. I'm stumped. Maybe its just network traffic .

Spoke too soon I guess. Seems my AOKP beta 2 is handling the OC better then CM9. Is there major differences between the 2?

08-13-2012 07:15 PM
    That is amazing work. I haven't ever seen any developer do anything like this. Did you get this idea from someone else or is this all a product of tdm's geniusness? This could actually be a huge advancement for all android development, imagine how much less of a hassle web hosting would be, if this caught on

sent from my Nokia 5110
    Imagine if one of the huge devs like cyanogenmod caught onto this (if they dont do it already).
    Maybe then we could get official support??

sent from my G-T-R Reloaded V
    inceyet likes this.
    08-13-2012 07:19 PM
    Imagine if one of the huge devs like cyanogenmod caught onto this (if they dont do it already).
    Maybe then we could get official support??

sent from my G-T-R Reloaded V
    Doubt it. Its not like they could make one rom for every phone supported. The phones would have to be very similar.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    08-13-2012 07:48 PM

sent from my Nokia 5110
    AFAIK it's a fresh idea. It's kind of a common pattern for cdma phones.
    08-13-2012 08:33 PM
    Sorry for stupid question haven't been keeping up but how far along is the ics kernel

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    bennettg likes this.
    08-13-2012 08:47 PM
    Sorry for stupid question haven't been keeping up but how far along is the ics kernel

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Shelved for a couple Weeks.
    jonny5449 likes this.
    08-13-2012 08:53 PM
    Damn, it's not helping. I really dont know what I did wrong. T_T

this is the symbol it's showing in the upper right.

imgur: the simple image sharer
    That's a no service bar. You might have flashed the wrong version.
    08-13-2012 09:58 PM
    @ TDM - is it just me or does AOKP lack the option under messaging settings for 'sent' time stamp for received texts? I like turning my phone on and when the messages come in I wanna see when they were originally sent, not when they downloaded to my phone.

08-13-2012 10:09 PM
    @ TDM - is it just me or does AOKP lack the option under messaging settings for 'sent' time stamp for received texts? I like turning my phone on and when the messages come in I wanna see when they were originally sent, not when they downloaded to my phone.

Don't know, I haven't used it for a few Weeks. Just got cm9 on my marquee last week....
    08-13-2012 10:18 PM
    Don't know, I haven't used it for a few Weeks. Just got cm9 on my marquee last week....
    Yeah cuz cm9 has the option but seems aokp doesn't. Are there significant differences between the 2 other then that? Kernels?

08-13-2012 10:29 PM
    Yeah cuz cm9 has the option but seems aokp doesn't. Are there significant differences between the 2 other then that? Kernels?

Same guts, including kernel. Just different ui.
    08-13-2012 11:03 PM
2,975 ... 8182838485 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD