01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 8889909192 ...
tools
    I just rooted my device but how do i flash it.
    08-17-2012 01:22 PM
    That's what happens on a partition. You should have known what you were doing before you did it.

So I just moved back to college, where I actually have 3G! woot! But I'm getting TONS of freezes and such now....Tried changing up my cpu and everything, but still freezing a lot. Also, my browser just keeps closing. Doesn't even throw up an error. Anybody know anything about this?
    Settings>performance>memory management
    Check both boxes

Settings>performance>processor>CPU Governor
    Pick Savagedzen

Settings>performance>processory>Minimum CPU Frequency
    pick 480

Maximum CPU frequency should be stock 600 or higher if you can, but 600 is safe.
    andrewnelson23 likes this.
    08-17-2012 01:24 PM
    I just rooted my device but how do i flash it.
    To do:

1. After rooting, flash a cusuom recovery( I recommend Cannibal )

2. Make a backup via recovery.

3. Flash Rom and Gapps

4. Boot amd enjoy.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-17-2012 01:45 PM
    To do:

1. After rooting, flash a cusuom recovery( I recommend Cannibal )

2. Make a backup via recovery.

3. Flash Rom and Gapps

4. Boot amd enjoy.

Where do i get a custom recovery and how do I do number 2.
    08-17-2012 01:53 PM
    Again had you read the correct tread you wouldn't be asking these questions it has all your answers to your questions.... :banghead: Again let's stay on topic if its a rom related issue then this is the place to ask not how to

Edit: your clogging up this tread with non related questions

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    drew_t and brotherswing like this.
    08-17-2012 02:09 PM
    Few more bugs I've found:

Entering Panorama mode crashes the camera

The camera's preview is choppy in some apps (like QR code scanners)

Also, has anyone else experienced better reception and 3G speeds on this ROM?

08-17-2012 02:55 PM
    If you don't even know how to flash a rom or recovery you might want to start with something a little more stable, IHO Backside CM7 is a good, stable rom.
    drew_t, inceyet and brotherswing like this.
    08-17-2012 04:28 PM
    I noticed, the rom didn't come with either a music player or DSP manager. Is it not supposed to have them? And i found an app in the settings>apps>all menu called music FX? but its not in the app drawer.
    08-17-2012 04:30 PM
    I noticed, the rom didn't come with either a music player or DSP manager. Is it not supposed to have them? And i found an app in the settings>apps>all menu called music FX? but its not in the app drawer.
    Your on AOKP so go to CM9 copy the music player to your SD card than past it to system apps than reboot or you can download one from the play store

inceyet likes this.
    08-17-2012 04:35 PM
    Again had you read the correct tread you wouldn't be asking these questions it has all your answers to your questions.... :banghead: Again let's stay on topic if its a rom related issue then this is the place to ask not how to

Edit: your clogging up this tread with non related questions

Its not really off topic, as that person is TRYING to flash THIS rom. Even if that person messes up, Sammyz made a guide to unbrick that is 100% noob proof.

I've seen comments that are off topic here too, never said anything to them.

blizard and inceyet like this.
    08-17-2012 04:46 PM
    play store doesnt download apps. It says its downloading but it never starts the actual download. None of the percentages come up it just stays loading i guess? any suggestions on what i should do?
    08-17-2012 07:12 PM
    Reboot your phone.

08-17-2012 08:08 PM
    Its not really off topic, as that person is TRYING to flash THIS rom. Even if that person messes up, Sammyz made a guide to unbrick that is 100% noob proof.

I've seen comments that are off topic here too, never said anything to them.

Agreed but there are treads for those questions it tends to clog up the tread due to the fact that we all try to help im all for helping but we need to keep Rom based treads free of these type of ? We were all noobs at one time but i rememberi was told the same thing and did so out of respect of the tread and community to stay on topic. Plus this person seems not to be listening to anyone.

08-17-2012 09:02 PM
    True, several attempts have been made to point him/her in the right direction.

sent from the hip.
    08-17-2012 11:01 PM
    Posts like this clog up threads too. If the user doesn't heed your advice, move on, you've done all you can do.
    08-17-2012 11:35 PM
    AOKP:

Turning wi-fi off causes my phone to hard reboot, and will continue to do so every three to five minutes.

I've been noticing this for a while.

I'm on a fresh flash of beta 2, with no system data restored thru TIbu

08-18-2012 09:45 AM
    Anyone know of a fix other than ClockSync to fix the clock lag? ClockSync doesn't fix it for me.

08-18-2012 01:54 PM
    You have to click Synchronize and tick auto - sync in settings.

08-18-2012 03:52 PM
    Rather than annoy people on here asking questions I can find answers to in "The Thread" let me ask one question. What is thhe title of "the thread" as I am having trouble finding it? And I did try using search already
    08-18-2012 04:12 PM
    You have to click Synchronize and tick auto - sync in settings.

Yes, I've done that. Put interval at 30 seconds. The app says the correct system time, but the lock screen and status bar are still off. I even restored a backup to when I didn't have this issue- no luck.

08-18-2012 05:50 PM
    Yes, I've done that. Put interval at 30 seconds. The app says the correct system time, but the lock screen and status bar are still off. I even restored a backup to when I didn't have this issue- no luck.

Try to re-flash every thing

I am not new I created a new account for a resson
    08-18-2012 05:54 PM
    Alright, I now can't download any app from the Play Store, due to the "Insufficient Storage Space Available" error. I tried clearing the cache and dalvik cache to no avail. I do have an SD Card Partition. I am on CM9, a much earlier version (Before Beta 2.) If I remember correctly, linking a file called 01mdalvik or something to that effect to the SD Card. This could be done with an app on the play store. Is that the same with ICS? And if it is, can anyone link to the app?

Thanks!
    08-18-2012 05:57 PM
    Alright, I now can't download any app from the Play Store, due to the "Insufficient Storage Space Available" error. I tried clearing the cache and dalvik cache to no avail. I do have an SD Card Partition. I am on CM9, a much earlier version (Before Beta 2.) If I remember correctly, linking a file called 01mdalvik or something to that effect to the SD Card. This could be done with an app on the play store. Is that the same with ICS? And if it is, can anyone link to the app?

Thanks!
    You had to delete that cursed 01mdalvik file. Either through the console or through removing it from the ZIP. Not sure if this applies to ICS though.
    08-18-2012 06:54 PM
    I can't seem to download gapps, anyone have the link? The one in the OP doesn't seem to be working for me

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-18-2012 07:16 PM
    I can't seem to download gapps, anyone have the link? The one in the OP doesn't seem to be working for me
    Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=...xport=download
    JadenBrown30 likes this.
    08-18-2012 07:34 PM
2,975 ... 8889909192 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD