01-05-2016 05:35 PM
2,975 ... 9192939495 ...
tools
    I flashed this to my Optimus V and it works great. Except it won't charge via the wall adaptor anymore, only USB. I forgot to put the gapps on my SD card so I flashed them after the first boot of the ROM. Could that have something to do with it? Please help. Yes, I did make a nandroid backup before I flashed the ROM.
    Try to see if it charges on another charger, or rom, abs report your findings.
    Gapps would not effect charging at all.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).
    08-21-2012 07:47 PM
    Try to see if it charges on another charger, or rom, abs report your findings.
    Gapps would not effect charging at all.

I restored the nandroid backup and went back to froyo. It charged there, but it thought it was charging via USB instead of AC.
    08-21-2012 08:40 PM
    Just a quick note to say that I'm using the first multi-device ROM (cm7) and had 7% battery life after a little more than 48 hours from being removed from the charger. Yes, Quattrimus CM7 has allowed me two full days without needing an electrical outlet.

Granted, I have not installed Swype or FB, haven't used BT at all, and only use GPS as needed. And I haven't been traveling around the region. But my usage has been normal (for me), and after several frustrating days of using ROMs that gave me very poor battery life, this is a very welcome change. Props to TDM!

For the curious, my OC settings are 480/600 with the msm7k governor.

Sent from my Quattrimized abacus.
    This isn't cm7... Cm7 is Gingerbread, Android 2.3. This is cm9, Android 4.0.
    08-21-2012 09:02 PM
    I restored the nandroid backup and went back to froyo. It charged there, but it thought it was charging via USB instead of AC.
    Sounds like the charger is in the early stages of failure. I'd get a new one.

sent from the hip.
    08-21-2012 11:03 PM
    Will Quattrimus return to goo.im? I miss being able to use GooManager.
    Don't know. I dislike using unreliable services, especially when we have 3 generous folks providing free hosting.
    brotherswing likes this.
    08-21-2012 11:42 PM
    Sounds like the charger is in the early stages of failure. I'd get a new one.

sent from the hip.
    Not necessarily. I believe there were charging issues with the ls670 gb update, and that's what our kernel uses for a base. Unfortunately nobody has been able to find the issue and fix it, as it is pretty rare.
    08-21-2012 11:44 PM
    That's what my original charger started to do before it died out. Bought a new one, issue was fixed
    Try using the same charger on another android phone, if it charges just fine, its the kernel issue tdm mentioned, if it still persists, you need a new charger.

brotherswing likes this.
    08-21-2012 11:54 PM
    Not necessarily. I believe there were charging issues with the ls670 gb update, and that's what our kernel uses for a base. Unfortunately nobody has been able to find the issue and fix it, as it is pretty rare.
    If he's having the same issue on froyo, its the charger, and not the kernel/ROM.

08-21-2012 11:56 PM
    Will this ROM get an updated kernel like Bobz? I can overclock on his latest release, but not on CM9. Need offline charging or I'd stick with BobZ CM9.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-22-2012 12:38 AM
    This isn't cm7... Cm7 is Gingerbread, Android 2.3. This is cm9, Android 4.0.
    Erp. Thanks for the heads up. Typos corrected :-P
    08-22-2012 01:18 AM
    Will this ROM get an updated kernel like Bobz? I can overclock on his latest release, but not on CM9. Need offline charging or I'd stick with BobZ CM9.

You can overclock this CM9. The stuff is in settings> performance

08-22-2012 01:27 AM
    You can overclock this CM9. The stuff is in settings> performance

YMMV
    08-22-2012 01:31 AM
    Will this ROM get an updated kernel like Bobz? I can overclock on his latest release, but not on CM9.
    Someone else remarked that your mileage may vary, but I've had very poor results from overclocking both with Quattrimus (both CM9 and AOKP) and with BobZ's CM9. On the other hand, I've found I get very good battery life with Quattrimus CM9 (see my post from earlier today for details).
    08-22-2012 01:38 AM
    Someone else remarked that your mileage may vary, but I've had very poor results from overclocking both with Quattrimus (both CM9 and AOKP) and with BobZ's CM9. On the other hand, I've found I get very good battery life with Quattrimus CM9 (see my post from earlier today for details).
    Has anyone else been able to reproduce his mileage? 48 hours is quite a feat.
    08-22-2012 02:21 AM
    No not even close

08-22-2012 02:35 AM
    I should also note that this was after a clean wipe. Dirty flashes have been a crap shoot for me.

The real test will be the next couple days, as I've got a little traveling to do.

08-22-2012 02:38 AM
    I should also note that this was after a clean wipe. Dirty flashes have been a crap shoot for me.

The real test will be the next couple days, as I've got a little traveling to do.

Can't wait to hear the final verdict.
    08-22-2012 02:45 AM
    Is there a screenshot of this 48 hours? Time is messed up on ICS, and I went 5 hours, lost 30%, checked battery usage, and it said it was on for 1h 48m

08-22-2012 03:05 AM
    Is there a screenshot of this 48 hours? Time is messed up on ICS, and I went 5 hours, lost 30%, checked battery usage, and it said it was on for 1h 48m
    No screenshots, sorry. Unplugged my phone at about half past noon on Sunday, left it on and unplugged until about quarter to two this afternoon. I have no reliable battery monitor app.

Sent from my Quattrimized Abacus.
    08-22-2012 03:30 AM
    Anyone know if any new nightlies r coming

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    08-22-2012 03:47 AM
    Anyone know how to get dsp

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    08-22-2012 06:18 AM
    No screenshots, sorry. Unplugged my phone at about half past noon on Sunday, left it on and unplugged until about quarter to two this afternoon. I have no reliable battery monitor app.

Sent from my Quattrimized Abacus.
    I could see 48 hours with no charge with like 0 usage of the phone maybe.
    08-22-2012 08:15 AM
    Anyone know how to get dsp

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Pull from another rom , place in /system folder and change permission to rw,r,r
    Reboot

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-22-2012 08:36 AM
    Hi guys, I have a persistent issue with cm9 (quattrimus, bobzhome, CAI). I've tried them all and the same issue comes to the surface. Every time I leave my phone unattended for a while (off the charger of course) it will enter a comatose state ( black screen, and no buttons responding ( power key, volume rocker, camera, the one next to the camera, menu, home, back and search)) and the only way to get it going again is to pull the battery out and back in.

Does somebody else struggles with the same issue? And.if you are not sure, try leaving your phone on overnight without the charger plugged in. Also silent mode, set an alarm, wifi and BT off.

I would really appreciate feedback on this because its the only thing making me go back to cm7

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

EDIT: I installed BobZhome latest CM9 version with the new kernel and deep sleep fixed and I can report that the issue is gone, thanks for your replies.
    08-22-2012 10:43 AM

Read my posts on the subject.

Short answer: maybe, but not any time soon.
    08-22-2012 10:45 AM
2,975 ... 9192939495 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD